Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

I'm beginning to wonder if Andy's new layout will be out in the garden from the external location of those weathered engines.

:jester:

Yes you cant beat a bit of natural lighting, :sungum:  so now I just need to convince her Ladyship that a couple of holes in the Shed, and some Track around the Garden would be a GOOD IDEA, hahah.

Doubt that would go down well. :no:  :no: :no:  

• RMweb Gold

OK. the FINAL version, I like this so it will do.................It's only a sign for a model and I'm more than happy now so thanks guys for all your help and advice, (I did try to find out how to download the correct font but gave up, life's to short).

attachicon.gifSIGN 3 - Copy.png

Hi Andy,

Not wishing to stick my nose in, but does this help you?  Being a designer, i've got the full version of Photoshop and the Gill Sans font ... feel free to ignore or hit delete if its no good - i've also tied up the background for you.

Hope its of use, but no problem if not!

Rich

post-16721-0-12247300-1477518624_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy,

Not wishing to stick my nose in, but does this help you?  Being a designer, i've got the full version of Photoshop and the Gill Sans font ... feel free to ignore or hit delete if its no good - i've also tied up the background for you.

Hope its of use, but no problem if not!

Rich

Thanks Rich, that's BRILLIANT, Taa.

Hhahaha Clive not a lot to see or comment on yet mate, I should have something up and running by Christmas, (not saying which year yet though,) hahhaha

At the rate you tend to build stuff, I'm gonna say it'll be up and running by Christmas 2015!!!

Look forward to seeing the (yet another) new project progress!

Making me jealous especially considering I may have a layout finished by........ sometime around 2150 at the rate I'm going!

All the best,

Peter

At the rate you tend to build stuff, I'm gonna say it'll be up and running by Christmas 2015!!!

Look forward to seeing the (yet another) new project progress!

Making me jealous especially considering I may have a layout finished by........ sometime around 2150 at the rate I'm going!

All the best,

Peter

Morning Peter, the reason mine gets built now is because I'm a 16.5mm gauge modeller not P4, and that I think makes a world of difference time wise, I'm sure you'll get there I the end, the difference is, I'm 66 and your about 16 so you have a few more years than me to get things up and running. Also it's important to enjoy WHAT you do no mater what scale or Gauge you model in.

All the best.

I could be shot for saying this when we all know GWR engines were always spotless  :tender: ....But I like the weathered 56XX.   

Thanks Larry, yes I think I'll re do one of my Prairies like that 56XX, I'm quite pleased with it.

Or I could do a 7mm Prairie, like on Trebudoc hahah

post-9335-0-34498100-1477556423_thumb.jpg

Click on the image to get the full beauty of Andy York's work

Picture courtesy of Andy York / BRM.

I like the above shot. It is very much the kind of thing we aimed for in the early 1960's when time and money were short and everything with any pretensions to scale appearance had to be built. Today with so much ready-to-spend, ready-to-run and ready-to-plonk, it could be knocked up over a weekend in 4mm.  :yes:

Guest Digital

Great to see you have started your next layout.

Looks like it's going to be a real cracker.

Really like the name especially the addition of "Bath Road", a nice choice.

Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

I am very impressed with your station names, please could you advise how you go about producing them.

John

Morning Peter, the reason mine gets built now is because I'm a 16.5mm gauge modeller not P4, and that I think makes a world of difference time wise, I'm sure you'll get there I the end, the difference is, I'm 66 and your about 16 so you have a few more years than me to get things up and running. Also it's important to enjoy WHAT you do no mater what scale or Gauge you model in.

All the best.

Ah yeah true point about the P4. It does take a lot more time, and for me more due to the extra cost!

Still jealous of the rate (and quality!) at which you build layouts!!

Peter

Great to see you have started your next layout.

Looks like it's going to be a real cracker.

Really like the name especially the addition of "Bath Road", a nice choice.

Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

I am very impressed with your station names, please could you advise how you go about producing them.

John

Hi John, Thanks for the comments etc. Re the Station name boards, I Googled = Western Region Station Signs, then copied one into Paint, now I didn't have the correct Type Face and Rich / Mash Lane modified mine, (see Post #79), my ORIGINAL is still in Post #1.

So time to stop for a coffee,

I've laid out the 3 boards and just laid some Track on to get a feel for what I want before fixing the side frames and Backscene's boards. I wanted to see if I could include the Turntable without the end looking to crowded, It may just work, the single Track at the back will climb to a higher level for the Branch Terminus all being well. The Station will be nearest the camera as per Pen Jct was.

post-9335-0-11422100-1477564478_thumb.jpg

The other side of the Shed will be the Fiddle Yard plus some other bits still TBC. At the moment it's the junk yard.

post-9335-0-36227400-1477564560_thumb.jpg

Guest Digital

T

Hi John, Thanks for the comments etc. Re the Station name boards, I Googled = Western Region Station Signs, then copied one into Paint, now I didn't have the correct Type Face and Rich / Mash Lane modified mine, (see Post #79), my ORIGINAL is still in Post #1.

Thanks Andy,

Where do you get them made.

John

T

Thanks Andy,

Where do you get them made.

John

There not made John, there only an image on here.

BUT there is a Firm that goes to Shows like Stafford etc that make them in a choice of 3 sizes, My Bitton one was done like that in Aluminium.

post-9335-0-93566700-1477571878_thumb.jpg

And Glen Roy was done in a sticky backed Vinyl.

post-9335-0-87233600-1477571961_thumb.jpg

So a really good mornings work, 2 Boards almost done, I wont do the end panels until I have the Dowels and over centre latches which I'm picking up on Tuesday.

You'll notice the notch out for the Wiring to pass through.

post-9335-0-25978200-1477572159_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29295800-1477572204_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-11490000-1477572221_thumb.jpg

The last board needs to be cut about 8 inches shorter so a bigish job in a small room.

There not made John, there only an image on here.

BUT there is a Firm that goes to Shows like Stafford etc that make them in a choice of 3 sizes, My Bitton one was done like that in Aluminium.

attachicon.gifRM Web Live Coventry 052.JPG

And Glen Roy was done in a sticky backed Vinyl.

attachicon.gifBarrow Hill 2012 Sep 22nd 23 rd 002.JPG

John, Just remembered that the Glen Roy sign is actually printed on the white plastic sheet, not a sticky back plastic. see others in the back ground.

Archived