Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

Thanks Mike, this is a LONG TERM PROJECT :O  and one that will NOT BE SOLD / DISMANTELED / SCRAPPED , so I'm in for the long haul, well at least a year or so anyway. :no:  :no: :no:  :scared:

Sold - Dismantled - Scrapped - words so very much in my vocabulary :angry: 

You have a seemingly endless resource of inspiration Andy.

Ian

Next up, It was time to start to measure up and plan for the Platform. It's a slab of 18mm MDF, this will be cut to shape for the main platform, and then the inner curved part will give me the outer line of the Island Platform, that will then be cut to an equal ish width of about 4 inches in the centre part. The Platforms will then be edged in Peco Platform edging once the locating pips have been removed.

The 2 Coaches are representing the Bay Platform.

post-9335-0-53868600-1477736696_thumb.jpg

Andy, I was going to say 6 pages and no sign of a layout yet. But then I remembered I have no room to talk ha ha. You might find your backscene is too shallow when you come to taking photos. I took mine the full height of the shed wall and they are plain white with the hint of blue added. Photographic backscenes can be a real pain from some angles. Gorra dash, postie at the door with a goodie...

Do you have a track plan Andy, or are you just teasing us at the moment?

YES, :sungum: Well sort of, :O     Well NO ACTUALLY,   :no:   well I do,  :scratchhead:     but its a bit flexible so I wont publish it until I'm happy with it, as I said in post #3 It will be similar to Pen Junction in many ways, but without the flaws that I built into that plan. :rtfm:

Andy, I was going to say 6 pages and no sign of a layout yet. But then I remembered I have no room to talk ha ha. You might find your backscene is too shallow when you come to taking photos. I took mine the full height of the shed wall and they are plain white with the hint of blue added. Photographic backscenes can be a real pain from some angles.

Morning Larry, your absolutely right, but with Pencarne I found the higher Backscene, (some 4 inches higher) a real pain when turning boards over to do the wiring so although the pics wont be as good the building etc will be more doable.

Why not attach the backscene to the wall rather than the baseboard?

I have at the far end Peter, but I like to fix scenic to it so as not to have gaps showing, the end wall will be done differently when I get down there.

• RMweb Gold

I have been keeping an eye on your links waiting for Willsbridge to appear 6 pages and no link. Good project Andy. I was going to suggest repainting the Bitton totem but it wouldn't be long enough to fit Willsbridge in.

Regarding using the trailing points without motors just remember not to reverse a train when halfway across the turnout. Bracks has some on his layout trailing crossovers lightly weighted one way. Reversing a train partway across can split a coach across two tracks. Basically if you set the wrong train off from the fy leave it to run right round rather than trying to back it in.

Don

I have been keeping an eye on your links waiting for Willsbridge to appear 6 pages and no link. Good project Andy. I was going to suggest repainting the Bitton totem but it wouldn't be long enough to fit Willsbridge in.

Regarding using the trailing points without motors just remember not to reverse a train when halfway across the turnout. Bracks has some on his layout trailing crossovers lightly weighted one way. Reversing a train partway across can split a coach across two tracks. Basically if you set the wrong train off from the fy leave it to run right round rather than trying to back it in.

Don

Yes I remember that from my Continental Layout many moons ago with Flieshmann Points, when I had a 12 road Fiddle yard buried under the Layout but with only about a 4 inch gap above, the first couple of track were easy to get to, but the rest, HAHHA forget it, just drag them out. Luckily Will's Fiddle Yard will be easy to get to.

Archived