Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

The Bath Road bit makes it sound better. I think that's why we have so many Junction/ Road/ Lane/ Belmont Avenue type layout names. Good to see a more original one added to the mix.

Morning Bodgit, Must agree adding Bath Road to the name sounds much better...

Thanks Guys, Yes it was John Flann of Hintock fame who came up with the idea, we had thrown a few names around, but he said that it had a nice and different ring to it, and I think he was right, it's certainly a bit different to the norm.

On another note, I have just spoken to my Timber Merchant and they will be delivering the Timber today, so once I've finished all my Weathering Jobs I should be able to make a start on the baseboards, hopefully that will be Friday / Saturday.

You have your own timber merchant?  Cool!

Mind you, the number of layouts you've built....

:angel:

Well we are on first name terms :O  and I think I'm paying for his Pension, :no: and his Brother's and Sons, :nono:  :nono:  :scared: (it's a Family business). :sungum:

Morning Andy,

Interesting plans for your new layout.

I think that there were some actual (if tentative) plans in early BR days to connect the ex-GW and MR lines around Bath. The aim being to close the

single line section through Midford Tunnel.

I didn't know that Peter, that's interesting, and makes my scenario even more feasible.

Think the idea was to construct a spur at Keynsham (bit like your plan) and then rebuild/upgrade the ex-GW branch near Monkton Combe (of Titfield

Thunderbolt fame).

Thus S&D trains would use Bath Spa and regain the S&D south of Midford. Thus avoiding the single-track bottleneck of Combe Down tunnel.

Think the idea was to construct a spur at Keynsham (bit like your plan) and then rebuild/upgrade the ex-GW branch near Monkton Combe (of Titfield

Thunderbolt fame).

Thus S&D trains would use Bath Spa and regain the S&D south of Midford. Thus avoiding the single-track bottleneck of Combe Down tunnel.

So I could say that happened AS WELL, hahhah. :sungum:  :sungum: :sungum:  :sungum:  

:nono:  :nono: :O  

Timbers arrived and I didn't have to go out this morning so the weathering is almost done, (6 X BDA's, including fitting all 72 Stauntchens, 2 X Seacows, and Great Western Class 56XX a Class 28XX and a Class 17 all for friends).

I should be able to make a start on the Baseboards on Thursday now, as I'm out tomorrow.

I've made a change to the Totem in the first post from Black and White to a Western Region 1960's style and colour Lozenge as I had on Pencarne, and as this is how it will look on the Station Signs when I order them.

post-9335-0-81024000-1477409469_thumb.png

I've also made a To the Station Sign.

post-9335-0-68437900-1477409229.jpg

OK. the FINAL version, I like this so it will do.................It's only a sign for a model and I'm more than happy now so thanks guys for all your help and advice, (I did try to find out how to download the correct font but gave up, life's to short).

post-9335-0-09176500-1477429859_thumb.png

• RMweb Premium

OK. the FINAL version, I like this so it will do.................It's only a sign for a model and I'm more than happy now so thanks guys for all your help and advice, (I did try to find out how to download the correct font but gave up, life's to short).

attachicon.gifSIGN 3 - Copy.png

Very nice Andy. May I ask where the template came from?

Thanks George, Well I've been busy doing some weathering jobs and here's a few pics,

post-9335-0-54163600-1477513447_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40165700-1477513470_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95191400-1477513488_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51438500-1477513509_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97398700-1477513530_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37413100-1477513557_thumb.jpg

tomorrow I'll tidy up the Old Potting Shed, then after taking the Good Lady Shopping I hope to make a start on the Baseboards, so should have something to show in a day or so.

I am doing well , page three on a Andrew P's thread and I haven't made a com.........................whoops!!!

Hhahaha Clive not a lot to see or comment on yet mate, I should have something up and running by Christmas, (not saying which year yet though,) hahhaha

Archived