Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

Well well well, you disappear for a few weeks and without a bye-your-leave another gem is in the offing !! Now Mr P, is this to stay, do I get interested in this and not have my hopes and dreams dashed............again :scared: Seriously Andy I do love your projects and when we meet next (probably Stafford) I can congratulate you on its completion - yes I know its only in February but that give you 3 months! :senile:  :senile: Get your skates on matey :angel:

Well well well, you disappear for a few weeks and without a bye-your-leave another gem is in the offing !! Now Mr P, is this to stay, do I get interested in this and not have my hopes and dreams dashed............again :scared: Seriously Andy I do love your projects and when we meet next (probably Stafford) I can congratulate you on its completion - yes I know its only in February but that give you 3 months! :senile:  :senile: Get your skates on matey :angel:

Thanks Mike, this is a LONG TERM PROJECT :O  and one that will NOT BE SOLD / DISMANTELED / SCRAPPED , so I'm in for the long haul, well at least a year or so anyway. :no:  :no: :no:  :scared:

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mike, this is a LONG TERM PROJECT :O  and one that will NOT BE SOLD / DISMANTELED / SCRAPPED , so I'm in for the long haul, well at least a year or so anyway. :no:  :no: :no:  :scared:

Anyone else remember someone saying a similar thing about Bottom Bitton :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Yo Andy

Wot are you doing about a lifting bit by the door? Cos weren't that the pain in the rear with both Bitton and Penwhatsitsface Junction?

Anyone else remember someone saying a similar thing about Bottom Bitton :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Yo Andy

Wot are you doing about a lifting bit by the door? Cos weren't that the pain in the rear with both Bitton and Penwhatsitsface Junction?

Yes the DOOR, now that's an interesting question mate,

I HAVE A PLAN. :O

All will be revealed once I've made sure it works,      Lets just say that IT WILL BE DIFFERENT. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Hi John, Thanks for the comments etc. Re the Station name boards, I Googled = Western Region Station Signs, then copied one into Paint, now I didn't have the correct Type Face and Rich / Mash Lane modified mine, (see Post #79), my ORIGINAL is still in Post #1.

Hi John/Andrew,

If its of use, I took John's original into Photoshop, and cleaned up the background, before regrading the colour (lightish on the right to very very slightly darker on the left) as per the original that Andy had, then cleaned up the frame a little, added the text in the right font, and played around with the letter spacing (the 's' was a git!) until I was happy!  Not sure if thats what you were meaning at all.  I've had a couple of people PM me and ask if I could do similar - happy to do so, in between work, if anyone wants it - just PM me.

Like the work on the baseboards Andy well done :) Your door solutions sounds like it could be ingenious!

Rich

• RMweb Premium

. . . . Your door solutions sounds like it could be ingenious!

Rich

Is Andy going to seal the door and go in and out via the window or could he be planning to build steps either side of the layout so that he can climb over it?

Morning Guys, Thanks for ALL the Likes etc. Re the Shed Doorway, the plan is to raise the Shed by 6ft, place it on blocks, and then cut a hole in the floor for a Ladder. :O

Believe that, and you'll believe anything. :sungum:

Morning Guys, Thanks for ALL the Likes etc. Re the Shed Doorway, the plan is to raise the Shed by 6ft, place it on blocks, and then cut a hole in the floor for a Ladder. :O

Believe that, and you'll believe anything. :sungum:

Sounds like your most sensible plan to date Andy............................

After finishing the baseboards today the next step was to make a start on the Back Scene Boards, being White Faced MDF my Timber Merchant cut them into 1ft widths, they were then sprayed with Halfords Ford Olympic Blue to give a light top to the sky. Hopefully they will be fitted over the weekend.

post-9335-0-66063200-1477673133_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80550000-1477673148_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Think the idea was to construct a spur at Keynsham (bit like your plan) and then rebuild/upgrade the ex-GW branch near Monkton Combe (of TitfieldThunderbolt fame).Thus S&D trains would use Bath Spa and regain the S&D south of Midford. Thus avoiding the single-track bottleneck of Combe Down tunnel.

This is mostly correct, but the connection would have been made much closer to Bath, crossing the fields at Newton Meadows. There was to have been one station for Bath, called Bath Central, which would have seen Bath Green Park closed and possible Bath Spa as well. The site of the new station would have been what was Bath GWR Goods.

Best of luck with this very interesting project.

This is mostly correct, but the connection would have been made much closer to Bath, crossing the fields at Newton Meadows. There was to have been one station for Bath, called Bath Central, which would have seen Bath Green Park closed and possible Bath Spa as well. The site of the new station would have been what was Bath GWR Goods.

Best of luck with this very interesting project.

Thanks Tim, very interesting info, cheers.

'Ere ya go again !

Just found your new project and it's got my interest having read the posts.

Just one thing though Andy, if your prolific layout builds carry on at this rate you're goin to have to build a new wall to stick ALL those totems on !!! :)

ATB

'Ere ya go again !

Just found your new project and it's got my interest having read the posts.

Just one thing though Andy, if your prolific layout builds carry on at this rate you're goin to have to build a new wall to stick ALL those totems on !!! :)

ATB

Hhahah, Thanks, never thought of that, this will be one of the last for quite a while, POSSIBLY the last one ever, but I haven't got the Willsbridge one done yet so may get that done at the Stafford Show all being well.

So that's what you do during your half-term!

Peter

Yes Pete - see my Skaleby Quay thread. New baseboards started and plans outlined. I have also been working on Skaleby West.

On the subject of this thread - great backscenes Andy. I wish I could make progress as you.

Archived