Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

So playing about with the Fiddle Yard at the moment, I should have a minimum length of 6ft and a max of 9ft, so I'm looking at about a 30 Wagon Freight or 7 Coach Express each way maximum. It looks like I can get 10 Roads in for the Main up and down, 5 each way, PLUS there will be 2 lines for the Freight Only Branch so again 1 each way each about 6ft long.

post-9335-0-82611900-1477230234_thumb.jpg

Ok found your new thread Best of Luck looking forward to see what you are going to come up with .......is it   :jester: 0 gauge ??? :jester: or 00 gauge 

DON'T YOU START, :O  :triniti:  hahhahah, what with George and Larry, although the thought of a Dapol Jinty and NO....NO....NO.... So back to sanity, yes it good old fashioned OO, Not Scale 4, P4, EM or anything else, just plain old fashioned 16.5mm.

WILLSBRIDGE (Bath Road).

Some of you may notice the small but significant name change, I felt from the start that the name of just Willsbridge was lacking something, I looked at North / East / Junction / Road, and some others but after discussions with a friend, he suggested WILLSBRIDGE (Bath Road) as that's the A431 that it straddles and runs from Bitton through Willsbridge.

There are many Layouts on here, and many have Jct. etc. so at least Bath Road is a bit different.

Thanks John F.

Whilst messing around with the Fiddle Yard this morning I made a fantastic discovery, I had bought a couple of Fleishmann Points for the exit to the Fiddle Yard Roads. These have a spring action that allows traffic to run over the incorrectly set blade without de railing the stock, so ideal for the end of the Fiddle Yard as NO Point Motors are required.

Now I looked at my Peco Insul Frog Points, (I'm using LIVE FROG on the main part of the Layout) I connected power to the Main Rails and also to the V Rails as would be required for constant DCC Power. All was fine, no shorts, so then I removed the over centre spring in the Point and as the Switch Blades are both Live, and so is the V, I could then run stock over the point from the wrong direction and the Blade moved where required without derailing the Stock. I used a small 4 Wheel open Wagon for testing as this is the lightest I had and no problems at all.

So now I can Lay my Fiddle Yard with just Motors at the feed end and reduce wiring by a MASSIVE 50%.

Arrr, Mr Peters found your new thread and will be following as usual with interest. Best of luck with the new build, Andy.

Hi Jonathan, Thanks and good to have you on board, I hope you enjoy what I have planned, (come to think of it, so do I, :O  :O )

• RMweb Premium

. . . . I will have enough capacity in the Fiddle Yard for about a 30 Wagon FULL / EMPTY in each direction all being well.

. . . .

Will that still leave you room for your other loco? :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Are you funding this from a pools win or are you dipping into your Luxembourg bank account? See someone remembers! I am looking forward to seeing your Horace Batchelor PO wagons. Odd to include Wills product placement when their tobacco factory was on the other side of Bristol.

Hi Phil,

Beat me to it - I well remember Radio Luxemburg  - medium waveband 208 with poor reception and Horace Batchelor spelling it out as he advertised his services as a 'frequent' pools winner!

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Shall look forward to following your progress.  Sounds like the beginnings of another superb layout from yourself - I wish I could work at your speed!  I'll not make any mention of the larger gauge :)  But shall enjoy the development progress - are you planning on finishing by Christmas???

Rich

• RMweb Gold

WILLSBRIDGE (Bath Road).

Some of you may notice the small but significant name change, I felt from the start that the name of just Willsbridge was lacking something, I looked at North / East / Junction / Road, and some others but after discussions with a friend, he suggested WILLSBRIDGE (Bath Road) as that's the A431 that it straddles and runs from Bitton through Willsbridge.

There are many Layouts on here, and many have Jct. etc. so at least Bath Road is a bit different.

Thanks John F.

But there is no other station in Willsbridge. So no need for a suffix to the name.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys, Cheers for your comments above, it's nice to know I have a following already, It won't be at any fit state by Christmas Rich, but should be running.

Hi Andrew,

Lol! You must be slowing down hehehe!  Good to see you on with something new ... as for the comment by Marcus ... Stealth mode! haha yes i like that!

Rich

You sneaked this one in under the radar didn't you. Stealth mode at in the middle of the night I see. Anyway, looking forward to this one.

I can feel it's going to be a goodun.

Cheers

Marcus

Really looking forward to this one buddy,

Hi Andrew,

Lol! You must be slowing down hehehe!  Good to see you on with something new ... as for the comment by Marcus ... Stealth mode! haha yes i like that!

Rich

Ay, just down the road from Sodding Chipbury.  We must be of similar vintage.  

When driving to the Forest of Dean to visit one of his sisters, my father would always sing 'Alveston, oh Alveston.  On the A38 to Lydney...' to the tune of a well-known Glen Campell song.

A long haul?  So, at your usual build speed, about three weeks then?   :)

Cheers Guys, I hope NOT to take to long but if I can get a Train running by Christmas I will be a Happy Bunny.

But there is no other station in Willsbridge. So no need for a suffix to the name.

In the early Days there were 2 Stations, a Midland one and this one, since then the Midland one has gone but this one has retained it's suffix, hahha

Well that's my story anyway.

But the Midland called theirs B****n, or have I lost the thread?

The original name of the Midland one was going to be Willsbridge, but before it opened they changed it to Bitton, until it closed when WILLSBRIDGE (Bath Road), became the only Station on the site hahhaha AGAIN that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Archived