Willsbridge (Bath Road)

Andrew P

This morning after a couple of Hours gardening / leaf picking and weeding I've had a proper look at the extra line to the Depot's that I talked about earlier, so that along with the Double Slip that fed it has gone. this has also now created a large area between the Branch / Freight only line and the West Yard Sidings which will be weed strewn to some degree and the whole thing does look much better for it.

It has reduced the operation in so much as I need to stop a Branch Freight to work the Deopt's, but as I said earlier, that's no bad thing as I'll be on my own in the Shed 90% on the time, (aghhh please feel sorry for me :cray_mini:  :cray_mini:  :cray_mini:  :cray_mini:  :cray_mini: ).and so I can concentrate on Shunting and Trip workings more than just running Trains.

What you need is a robot programmed to work the fiddle yard suffling the stock around and sending out trains as required.

Don

You mean called THE WIFE? :O Oh no, she's only been in the Shed once in 2 1/2 years. :stinker:

I think I've found enough room for the Turntable and an Engine Shed, but not on the Main Layout, more details later on that though, but for now it's just a few small jobs to prepare the groundwork ready for Track Laying when I get home from Holiday.

Anyone else remember someone saying a similar thing about Bottom Bitton :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Yo Andy

Wot are you doing about a lifting bit by the door? Cos weren't that the pain in the rear with both Bitton and Penwhatsitsface Junction?

Back on Page 5 Clive asked about the Door.

I did joke about jacking the Shed up and cutting a hole in the Floor, but all along I did have a real and HOPEFULLY workable solution to the problem.

So here we go, this is what I've come up with.....IT'S A GATE. :O :no:  :nono:  :jester:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  

In the running position.

post-9335-0-66229800-1478008182_thumb.jpg

Fitted with a Rise and Fall Hinge.

post-9335-0-38879100-1478008227_thumb.jpg

As the Gate opens, not only does it lift, but with the end cut at an angle the Rail ends will part without touching each other or the other board.

post-9335-0-98144300-1478008313_thumb.jpg

In the closed position it will be supported by the Main Frame.

post-9335-0-89694200-1478008393_thumb.jpg

When open it can rest on a hinged folding flap, (the bit of Timber needs replacing as the screws came through and it's split).

post-9335-0-28828200-1478008491_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31509000-1478008516_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55136200-1478008539_thumb.jpg

Or the whole assembly can be lifted clear of the Layout.

post-9335-0-56513800-1478008592_thumb.jpg

There is still work to be done to brace the Gate and make it more refined, but I think it will work, there will be a small Bolt to lock it into the working position to ensure perfect Track alignment.  Electrical power to the Track will be by Plug and Socket.

• RMweb Premium

I did joke about jacking the Shed up and cutting a hole in the Floor, but all along I did have a real and HOPEFULLY workable solution to the problem.

So here we go, this is what I've come up with.....IT'S A GATE. :O :no:  :nono:  :jester:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  

Well done sir.

In the running position.

attachicon.gifGate 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 002.JPG

As the Gate opens, not only does it lift, but with the end cut at an angle the Rail ends will part without touching each other or the other board.

attachicon.gifGate 1 003.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 008.JPG

When open it can rest on a hinged folding flap, (the bit of Timber needs replacing as the screws came through and it's split).

attachicon.gifGate 1 005.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 004.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 006.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 007.JPG

There is still work to be done to brace the Gate and make it more refined, but I think it will work, there will be a small Bolt to lock it into the working position to ensure perfect Track alignment.  Electrical power to the Track will be by Plug and Socket.

like it mate very good, looks better...

In the running position.

attachicon.gifGate 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 003.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 008.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 005.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 004.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 006.JPG

attachicon.gifGate 1 007.JPG

Ingenious

• RMweb Premium

Clever! Forgive me for asking but can you still open the door far enough to enter the shed comfortably.

Mrs. Squatch came up with a great solution for my warehouse. Instead of moving the door and building a lifting flap she said why not seal the door and use one of the up and over garage doors. So simple it's mind boggling.

Can I ask what the counter bell in the first picture is used for mate? I've encountered a few of those recently one of which was used instead of venting frustration. Just wondering... :dontknow:

Clever! Forgive me for asking but can you still open the door far enough to enter the shed comfortably.

Mrs. Squatch came up with a great solution for my warehouse. Instead of moving the door and building a lifting flap she said why not seal the door and use one of the up and over garage doors. So simple it's mind boggling.

Can I ask what the counter bell in the first picture is used for mate? I've encountered a few of those recently one of which was used instead of venting frustration. Just wondering... :dontknow:

Hi Shaun, the Main Door opens outwards and I have room to walk in O.K. but I can always lift it off if required.

The Bell was a present from my parents when I was bed ridden for a couple of weeks back 76, I can now uses it as a Signal Box Bell if required. ding ding ######.

EDIT = How come the word D O N G has been deleted?

You mean called THE WIFE? :O Oh no, she's only been in the Shed once in 2 1/2 years. :stinker:

Andrew -maybe an updated 'automatic crispan' as per Rev P Denny...!

As has been said before, you  dont muck about do you with layout building...

Regards, Andy R

Archived