Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

OK, apologies but a really thick question from me. I ordered each of the Saltire versions upon launch at the Warley show last year, paying £100 deposit. This was before I entertained the thought of going digital, which my planned layout now will be. Love the sound option in the posted videos so looking at the feasibility of adding that.

My question - and apologies for being thick, but I'm still not really au-fait with DCC :

Is it the balance (£150) + Sound (£120) that I would need to select or do I also need to select the DCC Option (£50) as well as the Sound (£120) option to get a sound fitted unit?  Hope that makes sense! In other words, the option for sound, does that include everything i would need to run on DCC or do I need to buy a DCC chip AND the Sound Chip?.

I really really want to get the sound option on one of these units but may have to flog off my other unit as wouldn't be able to get both just now. Will be looking to add a Strathclyde Orange one when they become available but hopefully not for a good year or so.

OK, apologies but a really thick question from me. I ordered each of the Saltire versions upon launch at the Warley show last year, paying £100 deposit. This was before I entertained the thought of going digital, which my planned layout now will be. Love the sound option in the posted videos so looking at the feasibility of adding that.

My question - and apologies for being thick, but I'm still not really au-fait with DCC :

Is it the balance (£150) + Sound (£120) that I would need to select or do I also need to select the DCC Option (£50) as well as the Sound (£120) option to get a sound fitted unit?  Hope that makes sense! In other words, the option for sound, does that include everything i would need to run on DCC or do I need to buy a DCC chip AND the Sound Chip?.

I really really want to get the sound option on one of these units but may have to flog off my other unit as wouldn't be able to get both just now. Will be looking to add a Strathclyde Orange one when they become available but hopefully not for a good year or so.

Sound chips include the software for driving the loco as well as for making the sounds.... I will say, the price seems very reasonable for I believe a quality two speaker sound solution.....

The option for you is:  Balance £150.00 + Sound £120.00.    Thanks Charlie

Sound chips include the software for driving the loco as well as for making the sounds.... I will say, the price seems very reasonable for I believe a quality two speaker sound solution.....

The versions available are:    

DCC Ready:  £200.00 Intro Offer ends 23/05/17. Deposit on this (£50.00) taken straight away.

DCC Non Sound: £200.00 Intro Offer ends 23/05/17, + £50.00 twin Lokpilot fitted option.  Deposit on this (£50.00) taken straight away.

DCC Sound: £200.00 Intro Offer ends 23/05/17, Twin Decoder & Speaker fitted using Loksound Select Decoders)+ £120.00 Twin LokSound Select decoders with two speakers)

IF you have Pre-Ordered you need to pay the £150.00 Balance no later than 6th June IF customers with pre-orders need DCC or Sound options then they need to pay

the Balance of £150.00 then select either DCC @£50.00 OR DCC Sound @ £120.00.

As above this introductory offer ends on 23rd May, then the Unit & DCC options are slightly more expensive.

HOPE this makes sense!!! 

post-3411-0-61099900-1494257173_thumb.jpg

Reference to the last photo of the 156 coupled together, is the difference in plough height intentional or are the ploughs posable in different positions? And on the vehicle on the left, appears a load of wires are visible through the window. Is this just because its a sample?

Edited by srihaggis

Reference to the last photo of the 156 coupled together, is the difference in plough height intentional or are the ploughs posable in different positions? And on the vehicle on the left, appears a load of wires are visible through the window. Is this just because its a sample?

These are the first 'FIRST Livery' we have seen, its a sample, the wires go from the circuit board above the window level to the front lights, should have clipped of the bodyshell and tucked them back in the clip!   'Have to get a job in public relations eh! '

Made a note 'Must do better'   Charlie

Full amount paid. I can imagine the evil Grin on Mr Petty's face after he has got more money from him, again. Charlie if you want to empty my bank account you know the next model will need to be a 303.

• Like 1

Good job Payday is Friday for me, so shall be paying off the rest of mine then.

Although sent a email querying this (Not had a reply) If want to add Special Delievery to order how would i go about doing so?

Chris

Full amount paid. I can imagine the evil Grin on Mr Petty's face after he has got more money from him, again. Charlie if you want to empty my bank account you know the next model will need to be a 303.

Just need another £249,670.00 to balance the books now.

For anyone interested, the circuit board, 21Pin MTC Decoder & Speaker is pictured below, each car is identical.    Charlie

post-3411-0-06144300-1494348268_thumb.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

Hi all, in response to questions re supplying decoders to suit our Class 156. These are the options:

We can supply:

Pre Programmed ESU 'Non Sound' Lok-Pilots to fit our two car unit, these will be on the Website during June.

Legomanbiffo Class 156 -21Pin V4 Decoders @ £105.00 Each  (Two decoders are required to operate the unit)

We cannot supply the ESU Lok-Sound 'Select' decoders as these are only available as 'Factory Fitted'.

I would recommend that if anyone requires the large saving, using the Lok-Sound 'Select' decoders in the Sound Fitted units, which are due during Late July. That they order them online as soon as possible, the order from us will be placed in Mid June to cover all orders received upto that date, after that we are stuck with fitting the more expensive

Lok-Sound V4 European decoders.

SOUND QUALITY & FEATURES:  Both decoders have exactly the same features and sounds, the only difference is you cannot reblow the 'Select' Decoders, this is the same decoder as Bachmann are currently using, the difference is our decoders have top quality 'Legomanbiffo' sound files with the following features:

16 Programmable Destination Announcements.

AutoFade Cab Lights.

Day & Night time Running.

Working 'Door Open' bodyside lights (With Guards Delay on rear car).

Directions working Route Blind.

Flickering start up of passenger cabin lights.

Front & Rear red parking lights.

Plus all the other standard features on Legomanbiffo sound decoders.

Charlie

• Like 1

I had though this would be an easy choice as I don't currently have DCC control equipment.  However, I am tempted by the lighting functions - particularly the door open body side lights.  Do these (and indeed the other lighting functions) operate on the non sound decoders or is this a function that is reserved for the sound decoders?

Also, if I were to buy a sound fitted version, would any of the sounds work on DC?

Charlie

If I attempt to make a final payment and then a sound upgrade option - postage for one unit shows as £13.50 or £16.70 if Special Delivery is chosen.............sorry but I don't find that acceptable, considering the overall cost of the purchase you should ideally be offering a FREE 2nd Rec Delivery option which only costs £3.90 up to 2Kg with an additional paid for upgrade for Special Delivery.

Is payment by PayPal an option  ? 

Not out to upset you......... just my opinion..........I'll get the flack jacket at the ready !! 

Ken

I had though this would be an easy choice as I don't currently have DCC control equipment.  However, I am tempted by the lighting functions - particularly the door open body side lights.  Do these (and indeed the other lighting functions) operate on the non sound decoders or is this a function that is reserved for the sound decoders?

Also, if I were to buy a sound fitted version, would any of the sounds work on DC?

Just the Engine noises, no lighting functions sadly.  Will have to try ours here on DC, with it having two decoders..   Charlie

Charlie

If I attempt to make a final payment and then a sound upgrade option - postage for one unit shows as £13.50 or £16.70 if Special Delivery is chosen.............sorry but I don't find that acceptable, considering the overall cost of the purchase you should ideally be offering a FREE 2nd Rec Delivery option which only costs £3.90 up to 2Kg with an additional paid for upgrade for Special Delivery.

Is payment by PayPal an option  ? 

Not out to upset you......... just my opinion..........I'll get the flack jacket at the ready !! 

Ken

Its how the site is set up, the postage will be charged by me on the Checkout, it will be no where near to £16.70. Probably around £6.00 Post or £8.50 Special Delivery.

Charlie

For the sound fitted models, does the destination list include Alloa and Dunblane or could these be added to the list, since the Class 156 operates to Alloa and I think these are possibly inter-worked with the Dunblane services out of Glasgow Queen Street?  Looking at the V4 instructions on the website, these don't currently appear to be an option when changing CV48.

For the sound fitted models, does the destination list include Alloa and Dunblane or could these be added to the list, since the Class 156 operates to Alloa and I think these are possibly inter-worked with the Dunblane services out of Glasgow Queen Street?  Looking at the V4 instructions on the website, these don't currently appear to be an option when changing CV48.

The Website shows ALL the destinations on this batch, we cannot do everywhere!!!    Charlie:

Glasgow QS -Fort William

Glasgow QS - Oban

Glasgow C - Newcastle

Glasgow C - Edinburgh

Glasgow C - East Kilbride.

The Website shows ALL the destinations on this batch, we cannot do everywhere!!!    Charlie:

Glasgow QS -Fort William

Glasgow QS - Oban

Glasgow C - Newcastle

Glasgow C - Edinburgh

OH  A big box!

post-3411-0-25534200-1494510847_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Glasgow QS -Fort William

Glasgow QS - Oban

Glasgow C - Newcastle

Glasgow C - Edinburgh

But are these not just the destinations printed in the destination panels at either end of the unit?  

I'm specifically referring to the sound file on the decoders, which I assume will be the same for all models in this batch irrespective of livery.  Looking at the help sheet for the V4 decoders at http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/dcc_v4_helpsheet.php this states:

Scotrail 156 configurable announcements

As there are more than 16 configurable destinations these have been split across two function keys F16 and F17. If you wish to configure the destinations as Stranraer or Wick & Thurso, use F17, otherwise use F16 as detailed below.

If you press & release F16 it says;

Welcome aboard this First Scotrail Service to <destination>

If you press F16 and leave it on it says;

Welcome aboard this First Scotrail Service to <destination> Please familiarise yourself with the safety notices adjacent to the doors

Destinations are set by CV48 as follows;

0  Aberdeen

1  Ayr

2  Dundee

3  East Kilbride

4  Edinburgh Waverley

5  Fort William

6  Glasgow Central

7  Glasgow Queen Street

8  Inverness

9  Kilmalcolm

10  Kilmarnock

11  Kyle of Localsh

12  Mallaig

13  Oban

14 Perth

15 Stirling

If you press & release F17 it says;

If you press F17 and leave it on it says;

Welcome aboard this First Scotrail Service to <destination> Please familiarise yourself with the safety notices adjacent to the doors

0  Stranraer

1  Wick & Thurso

I'm assuming that means that the sound files could be set up such that if CV48 was set to 2 or 3, F17 could give another destination not on the above lists.  Effectively, I think you should be able to add another 14 destinations to the sound file before the sound chips are factory fitted.  All would have to be operated using F17.  Given that you have indicated in an earlier post that the 'select' files cannot be re-blown, this would have to be amended before manufacture.  My suggestions for additional destinations on the sound decoder would be Alloa and Dunblane, but others may be interested in Newcastle, Carlisle, Motherwell, Tweedbank or Newcraighall.  However, I appreciate that it may be too late to update the sound files before fitting to the units.

A 303 would be a dream come true!!

Charlie, regards to the dcc fitted option does that allow you to change the lighting of the model as seen in the video clips or is that only for the sound option?

Thanks

A 303 would be a dream come true!!

Charlie, regards to the dcc fitted option does that allow you to change the lighting of the model as seen in the video clips or is that only for the sound option?

Thanks

You will need 20 Functions on the handset to work some of the lighting functions.  Charlie

But are these not just the destinations printed in the destination panels at either end of the unit?  

I'm specifically referring to the sound file on the decoders, which I assume will be the same for all models in this batch irrespective of livery.  Looking at the help sheet for the V4 decoders at http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/dcc_v4_helpsheet.php this states:

Scotrail 156 configurable announcements

As there are more than 16 configurable destinations these have been split across two function keys F16 and F17. If you wish to configure the destinations as Stranraer or Wick & Thurso, use F17, otherwise use F16 as detailed below.

If you press & release F16 it says;

If you press F16 and leave it on it says;

0  Aberdeen

1  Ayr

2  Dundee

3  East Kilbride

4  Edinburgh Waverley

5  Fort William

6  Glasgow Central

7  Glasgow Queen Street

8  Inverness

9  Kilmalcolm

10  Kilmarnock

11  Kyle of Localsh

12  Mallaig

13  Oban

14 Perth

15 Stirling

If you press & release F17 it says;

If you press F17 and leave it on it says;

0  Stranraer

1  Wick & Thurso

I'm assuming that means that the sound files could be set up such that if CV48 was set to 2 or 3, F17 could give another destination not on the above lists.  Effectively, I think you should be able to add another 14 destinations to the sound file before the sound chips are factory fitted.  All would have to be operated using F17.  Given that you have indicated in an earlier post that the 'select' files cannot be re-blown, this would have to be amended before manufacture.  My suggestions for additional destinations on the sound decoder would be Alloa and Dunblane, but others may be interested in Newcastle, Carlisle, Motherwell, Tweedbank or Newcraighall.  However, I appreciate that it may be too late to update the sound files before fitting to the units.

Too Late this time.   Charlie