Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

I made a special journey to the Bristol show to see the 156 in the flesh as I am planning to buy 20 for my layout based upon St Blazey in the 1960's. Blow me down me ansums but Charlie and Bif had forgotten to bring one.

Disgusted from Cornwall!!!

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Did you travel by TARDIS?

Roy

Very impressive looking.....shame that chunky snowplough/obstacle deflector spoils it's face on look it really needs replacing with something finer to compliment the model.......

I agree that the snowplough looks to chunky and spoils the look of the model, its similar to the one on the Hornby class 153, the Bachmann class 150/2 snowplough is moulded much thinner and looks a lot better.

If I place an order for a DC Analogue Class 156, are these still DCC ready (so I can stick in my own decoders later, if so what pin do they use?), or are they purely analogue with no DCC socket?

Thanks

They are DCC Ready and require 2 x Programmed 21Pin Lok Pilot Decoders.

I agree that the snowplough looks to chunky and spoils the look of the model, its similar to the one on the Hornby class 153, the Bachmann class 150/2 snowplough is moulded much thinner and looks a lot better.

Dos'nt look that bad in the flesh, Black paint/Black Marker on the edges 'By modellers' makes a big difference.   Charlie

And now the movie!

Charlie

Aye very tempted with this video to go sound fitted, couple of questions first.......(already got your so called "Modellers" Black paint etc for the plows)  :jester:

Does the model in the above video have the "standard" fit i-phone speakers , or does it have up-graded speakers ?

Will the sound fitted option come with 2 x Loksound 21pin decoders for the upgrade price of £120 or is that for just 1 decoder ? 

Regards

Ken

Charlie

Aye very tempted with this video to go sound fitted, couple of questions first.......(already got your so called "Modellers" Black paint etc for the plows)  :jester:

Does the model in the above video have the "standard" fit i-phone speakers , or does it have up-graded speakers ?

Will the sound fitted option come with 2 x Loksound 21pin decoders for the upgrade price of £120 or is that for just 1 decoder ? 

Regards

Ken

The unit comes Pre-Fitted with 2 X I-phonespeakers, the fuel tanks are pre-drilled for speakers IF people want to fit different ones.  The Sound Upgrade comes with 2 x ESU Select Decoders, these cannot be ordered afterwards as they have to be Factory Fitted.

Charlie

Actually the model makes one of the most vile colour schemes ever inflicted on the Class 156 look good.  That's quite an achievement.

oh I don't know... I would say there is plenty of competition in this department!  Maybe I've just got used to Barbie livery but I would suggest that ONE Anglia was worse and some of the Northern liveries didn't cut it for me...  Central Trains green?  Any maybe it's unpatriotic of me but I think I preferred Barbie to the Spotrail scheme - at least when Barbie livery was clean/new - the ones I've seen recently look pretty tired.

M

Another Movie!

Blimey Charlie.  I don't like sound.  I don't need sound on my layout.  Sound fitted locos irritate me.  I want my 156's sound fitted... you must be some sort of marketing genius (or you just have a damn good product).

M

HI All

Barbie samples are on there way  :sungum:

Regards Arran

This is the one I ordered. Seeing as I regularly sit on them between East Kilbride and Glasgow Central I found it very hard to resist. Thought long and hard about whether it would be worth £200, but seeing these pics makes me think it might just be worth it. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Only problem is, it's going to give the Hornby and Lima versions I already have a good showing up.

• RMweb Premium

The Website shows all the options currently, so order away!!    Assuming you have paid the deposit, you need to order the balance (£150) then the sound option.

our daft website thinks you are rich so it charges lots of postage!!!   I can assure you the amount stated WILL NOT be charged.   Trying to get the Sagepay Hosting Company to sort it out, but they are slow!!!    Charlie

Yes, indeed.    I ordered the Abellio Saltire 156 after I got home from the Glasgow show.  I had expected to be debited for only the £50 deposit at that time, with the balance to be taken in May, but SagePay already took the full £211.94 from my bank account on 16th March, being the £200 price for the model plus £11.94 post and packing.

Yes, indeed.    I ordered the Abellio Saltire 156 after I got home from the Glasgow show.  I had expected to be debited for only the £50 deposit at that time, with the balance to be taken in May, but SagePay already took the full £211.94 from my bank account on 16th March, being the £200 price for the model plus £11.94 post and packing.

The Sagepay system cannot 'Hold' Credit card details for 5 months waiting for us to take payment, all customers who paid in full have been charged, all customers who paid just the deposit, were just charged just the deposit, sorry for any confusion.

One the forms and website we were only asking for deposits, thanks you though for your order and support.    Charlie

I have been trying to order a TR156-111 (deposit + final payment  + sound ) but when I proceed to payment the VAT is not removed

As I am outside the EU should the VAT be removed?

I think I recall a post to VAT but I cant remember if it was related to Realtrack or some one else

I have sent a couple of Emails to Realtrack regarding this but so far no reply

John 

I have been trying to order a TR156-111 (deposit + final payment  + sound ) but when I proceed to payment the VAT is not removed

As I am outside the EU should the VAT be removed?

I think I recall a post to VAT but I cant remember if it was related to Realtrack or some one else

I have sent a couple of Emails to Realtrack regarding this but so far no reply

John 

All overseas (Non EU) country orders will have the VAT Deducted at the checkout by me 'When' I process the order, as we have not had confirmation yet of shipping I have not e.mailed pre-order customers to remind them of the final payments.    Charlie