Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Hi Arran & Charlie,

Thanks for sharing the images. The sample is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see it fully assembled and in action.

156-111 Glasgow QS - Fort William is within 60 of being sold out!   You have been warned.  Charlie

• Like 1

We have been working on this model for 3 years, and we have implemented many unique features:

We have a Hidden micro motor driving the rear bogie, all wheel pickup via a 2 Pin coupling between the cars, multiple DCC options for lighting & sound.

This model will be the first in the UK market to have sound in both cars via two sound decoders & twin speakers.

The Website will have the sound options added soon as we see the way Brexit affects the Dollar/Pound rates.

Charlie

post-3411-0-38437500-1490819125_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

This post has led to me parting with another £50 deposit! Oopsy. Better stick some more stuff on eBay...

Looking great by the way!

:-) - O/T but I'm currently doing the same to afford 3 Kernow 4TC's.

Back on topic, but blimey, working door lights. Gosh!!!!

The Class 156 will have some interesting features:

1/  Each Car if fitted with a Micro motored powered bogie on each rear bogie (That's both cars powered)

The reason for this comes under 'Lessons Learned', as we are cutting out wired plugs between the cars, this making things more reliable with less wiring faults.

Advantages:

On DC there are none apart from making things simpler, the smaller motor is easily hidden as the interior lighting will clearly show up the motor unit IF done in the traditional way, each car can then be lighter saving on postal damage & shipping costs.

2/  NEM Coupling pockets are fitted on the front of each car, allowing the end user to fit either dummy BSI couplings or fit the standard Bachmann style coupling, the rear ends have a electrically live inner NEM coupling to transfer the 12V pickup current to each car this giving better reliability on dirty track, this is important on DCC.

3/  Each vehicle is decorated internally, thus we have the correct single coloured seats  (Not a patterned cloth) and light coloured wipeclean tabletops on each table.

4/  The roof on both vehicles different, as are the real Class 156 roof's.

5/  The corridor connections on the cab front have a separate 'Fly Screen' which for earlier versions will not be fitted, thus giving you the distinctive 3 front window look.

6/  The Toilet and Cab area as per 'Realtrack's Standard Specification' will be fully fitted, with all amenities!!!

7/  The underfloor has 96 separate detailing components, which is 92 more that the Lima/Hornby model !!!!!

8/  The underfloor chassis area has full printing and correctly coloured labelling on each vehicle.

9/  The colour specification and body printing is a work of art, this has taken some doing.

The Saltire Model will arrive in the UK first, with the Barbie (A more complicated livery specification) following a couple of months later.

See the Saltire Model at York, Bristol & Aylesbury.

post-3411-0-30514300-1491069326_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-87987400-1491069341_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-22899700-1491069506_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Horray - do I spot frodo plates with rivets? about time someone took note with this detail! Hope the greys will be noticible from the frodo half of the vehicle and the steel surface side :)

I presume you  mean Ferodo?

They aren't rivets but recessed bolts and Hornby have done them on the Mk3 DVT.

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick

Interesting, having worked on just LCHS I assumed they were all riveted, certainly some where countersunk bolts for some reason but never paid any attention to a 156 Ferodo plate faster.

Ferodo isn't a word I have to spell every day!

Guest eddie reffin

The carrier film on the real thing actually shows through quite a lot- certainly on our refurbished 158s. Can't imagine that the 156s will be any different as there is a large vinyl for all the spots.

Sorry for my ignorance, but aren't livery samples an example of what the factory would produce, rather than a set of transfers like these (which show the carrier film a lot)?

3 Stages:    

1/ Unpainted bodyshells/chassis to check out overall specification:  Corrections IF required.

2/ Bespoke painted samples to see overall look of livery, detailing & running & drive testing.  Livery changes, colour etc to amend IF required.  (Photo Attached)

3/ Finished factory painted sample.   This should be the final product IF no errors!!!    These are on there way to us this week.

DON'T GET EXCITED.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The ScotRail 156 looks excellent.

I don't usually model Scotland but I have recently bought three ScotRail liveried MK2s, 68006 and 68007 also in ScotRail livery.

The livery does look fantastic and I am really tempted to buy a 156.

Although I am really wanting to acquire two Northern Rail 142s that are due out next year.

Decisions, decisions. I will have to have a think.

Fantastic work.

Looking good. Reassuring to hear about the transfer. Maybe its just the lighting conditions but I thought the Scotrail livery was a darker glossy blue than the light blue that I am seeing.

A rivet counter moment... are the drain holes modelled below the driver cab windows (droplight)?

Edited by srihaggis

Maybe its just the lighting conditions but I thought the Scotrail livery was a darker glossy blue than the light blue that I am seeing.

I'd agree that the livery looks a little too pale, but I'm happy to accept that is potentially the lighting conditions.  The photographs looks lighter than the samples that were on display at Model Rail Scotland.  Besides, it's the 'Barbie' version that I'm waiting for, so as long as it is 'right', I'll be happy.

• RMweb Gold

A few comments for your consideration:

There seems to be a step in the dots above the window so that they end too far back.

All the examples I looked at ended with four white dots adjacent to the yellow, not three. I don't know if this is a printing limitation?

The door looks white rather than the silver of Scotrail?

The cab roof looks black but is blue on the prototype.

Other than those and the already made comment re the shade of blue, looking good.

Roy