The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RIP Andrew Sachs

antrobuscp

Very sad to hear of the death, last week, of Andrew Sachs who was buried today(1st December).

Manuel is one of the iconic comedy characters on British TV.

RIP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3991838/Fawlty-Towers-star-Andrew-Sachs-dies-86-Widow-pays-emotional-farewell-reveals-secret-four-year-battle-dementia-died-caring-him.html?ito=social-facebook

I understand from the reports last night that in his last months he was cared for at Denville Hall at a home run by the Actors Charitable Trust, In my past work I visited staff there a couple of times a year. What a wonderful place, well maintained and very caring staff, one room was made into a bar and always open by 11 am. All the residents seemed very happy when ever I visited the place.

RIP Andrew Sachs, what a comic legacy he left.

Hopefully Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand, after what they did to Mr Sachs, are feeling a twinge of guilt today (if indeed they are capable of such feelings).

My cousin had the pleasure of working with him a number of years ago.

One day she was asked to give him a lift in to work.

As they both sat in the car she was desperate for him to "do Manuel", but out of politeness obviously could never have asked.

After they'd been driving for about 10 minutes he turned to her and uttered the immortal words... 

A true gent. RIP, sir.  

• RMweb Premium

My cousin had the pleasure of working with him a number of years ago.

One day she was asked to give him a lift in to work.

As they both sat in the car she was desperate for him to "do Manuel", but out of politeness obviously could never have asked.

After they'd been driving for about 10 minutes he turned to her and uttered the immortal words... 

A true gent. RIP, sir.  

Many actors hate being characterised by their own characters, and some seem to thrive on it. All down to personal choice, I guess.

A very clever man, who carried out his part to perfection.

RIP

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand, after what they did to Mr Sachs, are feeling a twinge of guilt today (if indeed they are capable of such feelings).

I rather suspect that if either of those two individuals feels any emotion or sympathy it will to wallow in self pity at their own treatment following that vile incident. I'm not especially prudish and will admit to laughing at a lot of things I shouldn't laugh at, but that incident was truly despicable, in no way funny or amusing and an appalling indictment of Brand and Ross but also of the BBC given that the show was I believe pre-recorded.

RIP Andrew, you'll be missed.

• RMweb Premium

RIP Andrew Sachs, what a comic legacy he left.

I had never heard of this, but I'm sure I don't want to hear it. Sounds totally disgusting & unfunny.

I had never heard of this, but I'm sure I don't want to hear it. Sounds totally disgusting & unfunny.

It was indeed unfunny, I am no prude (messroom banter etc) but what these two did was disgusting in the extreme, anyway lets not ruin this thread about the death of a comedy great with this pair of <deleted>!

RIP Manuel, you will be missed but also remembered.

Archived