The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

57xx

More news: Paddy Lowe is moving from Mercedes to Williams, his successor at the Stuttgart venue is possibly James Allison, formerly with Ferrari. It all points to Bottas moving to Mercedes for the 2017 season.

I think your right, unless Vettel goes with Allison! now that would be a turn up for the books, but one I predicted way back when Nico retired, (well the Vettel bit anyway).

More news: Paddy Lowe is moving from Mercedes to Williams, his successor at the Stuttgart venue is possibly James Allison, formerly with Ferrari. It all points to Bottas moving to Mercedes for the 2017 season.

Allison signed the contract with the Mercs some months ago, according to the Beeb. Curious.

FYI: Gutierrez is out. Moving to Formula E.

Good. Formula E is a hell of a show and anything that can boost its attendance at events (Gutierrez has signed for Mexico E-Prix only at the moment, although there are options for more events) is nothing but good in my eyes. For those who are interested, it seems that he may go to Dragon Faraday racing (a.k.a Penske) and displace Loic Duval there.

the situation for Manor is dire, and does not look at all rosy I'm afraid. Jan 20th is the deadline for the team to be able to make Australia. Even if the team misses a few races to make the time (I think they can miss 3 and still receive funding from the TV revenue) things don't look like they will work out.

That was the situation yesterday, but not today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38603355

Well that will teach me to read stuff before opening my trap lol :)

That is good news, as is the news about the 2016 chassis being allowed. it will be hopelessly uncompetitive, but at least it will be there.

Now, if Ron Dennis is able to mount a bid for the team 9he's about the only guy I would trust to run it further than the end of 2017), I wonder if he wil revive his old team project 4? :) Interesting thought, isn't it?

What else would you expect from Davros' daughter? That's a sobriquet that I'll remember for at least this season.

You're comparing Sir Frank (the longest-living paraplegic, knighted for services etc., winner of nine World Constructors' Championships and over 100 GPs)  to Davros?

Nice.