RMweb

Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

Prior to Ringo Starr etc, Johnny Morris narrated a very fine series of talking books (then on vinyl) of the original series of Thomas the Tank Engine.

These were played ad infinitum in my house and remain one of my defining childhood memories.

BTW I am 46 and remember the lemurs and llamas from Anmal Magic! Not that long ago really!!!?

Neal

• Like 2

We're delighted to have the prototype OO model at our Open House event on Sunday 8th May - you'd be welcome to come along to see and hear it for yourself, the event is open from 11-4, and is free. See

http://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/

@modelrailclub

for full details.

Here a quick snap when it arrived yesterday - it'll be running on our new OO layout "Ingatestone".

post-1260-0-98500600-1462659457_thumb.jpg

Tom

The MRC

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

I have seen one in a local model shop. Not buying one as wrong era, but it looks OK.

Also had a GWR railcar test mould and a N 142

• RMweb Premium

Has it got "strange" couplings?

In what way?

Looks like a normal tension lock at one end to me. (Click and enlarge the picture)

Cheers,

Mick

(unless this is the EP that we've seen before).

Yes, it is the previously seen EP decorated sample seen in BRM, Alexandra Palace and on here. You can tell by correlating the same quirks. Still looks outstanding in its current form.

Ordered mine with Kernow, who honour pre-order price at the time of pre-ordering. Plus seeing as I am buying more than one 68, I get free postage over £150 spend.

I cannot recommend enough to anyone who wants to secure one still at £118.95 to go and pre-order with Kernow now, as price has not increased today unlike these mysterious well known retailers, cough eHattons.

With ordering all six with Kernow, you get 713 points which means £5 credit on your loyalty account :)

Just pre-ordered 68002 & 68005 from another well known northern distributor on price promise  & free P&P before it goes up as well. Wanted to hold fire pre-ordering until I'd seen the DRS livery but don't want to get caught with a price hike like I did with 66434!  

I have a Kernow account as well but couldn't see anywhere about price promise. 

• RMweb Gold

Ordered mine with Kernow, who honour pre-order price at the time of pre-ordering. Plus seeing as I am buying more than one 68, I get free postage over £150 spend.

I cannot recommend enough to anyone who wants to secure one still at £118.95 to go and pre-order with Kernow now, as price has not increased today unlike these mysterious well known retailers, cough eHattons.

Hi all,

Dapol’s “Max discount of 15%” pricing policy applies to all retailers, regardless of where product is sourced from.  Updated RRP’s were distributed by email yesterday afternoon to all suppliers and are effective immediately.  

Joel Bright, MD of Dapol has confirmed to me today that they (and their wholesalers) will not supply to any retailer advertising or supply at prices lower than 15% off the RRP.  This includes honouring items pre-ordered at a lower price i.e. if an item rises from £90 to £100 RRP then then it has to be retailed at £85 or more, regardless of pre-orders placed at an earlier, lower price

We’ve been assured to expect other retailers to be amending their listings very soon to come into line with the Dapol pricing policy.

Cheers

Dave

Hi all,

Dapol’s “Max discount of 15%” pricing policy applies to all retailers, regardless of where product is sourced from. Updated RRP’s were distributed by email yesterday afternoon to all suppliers and are effective immediately.

Joel Bright, MD of Dapol has confirmed to me today that they (and their wholesalers) will not supply to any retailer advertising or supply at prices lower than 15% off the RRP. This includes honouring items pre-ordered at a lower price i.e. if an item rises from £90 to £100 RRP then then it has to be retailed at £85 or more, regardless of pre-orders placed at an earlier, lower price

We’ve been assured to expect other retailers to be amending their listings very soon to come into line with the Dapol pricing policy.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Did Dapol not give any info on Drs livery sample and also how production is coming on

Thanks

Dan

• Like 1