Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

From what I have heard their are no issues regarding the colours with the OO or N Scale Class 68s.

I have however been reliable informed from another member of the site that their is a slight delay on the OO Gauge Class 68s by a few more months.

I'm not too fussed about waiting an extra couple of months at all if I'm honest. I would rather give Dapol/the factory more time to construct and apply the liveries to these models correctly than have them all rushed through at 100mph and then get to us and be damaged and low quality.

Besides for the people like me who might/might not by all six it gives them more time to decide which of the six they would like to buy and more time to find the money.

From what I have heard their are no issues regarding the colours with the OO or N Scale Class 68s.

We'll need to see painted samples before we know if there are any livery issues, and seeing as to date none have been made public, then we aren't likely to know yet...

Hopefully will be some more examples over the weekend at the Diesel & Electric show at Telford, I shall be getting photo's although not until Sunday, as working tomorrow.

Still for these, shopping list is for all three liveries at least, with/ when able sound a DRS or Scotrail one.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Not my photo but seen on face book today. Please feel free to discuss

Thank you very much for the photo. It's very much appreciated.

68010 looks fantastic! If that's how they are when we receive them I will be very pleased! The livery, detailing and design all looks very accurate!

Well done so far Dapol! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Just got home from the Diesel and Electric show.

I have to say the model is extremely impressive and smart looking, The samples for Scotrail and DRS are due in March and believe mentioned here the model is due Summerish time.

A example will be on show on a layout on loan from Dapol at Model Rail Scotland, in decals mocked up (Think was for Scotrail) to be ran etc.

T8nMBKt.jpg

frs3voJ.jpg

Chris

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Thank you everyone for all of the photos and information. It's very much appreciated.

I must say (again) 68010 looks fantastic! Good to hear that EP models for the DRS and ScotRail livery are due in March. Hopefully these will debut at a few exhibitions/shows etc so that some people can snap some photos of them and post them up on here for us all to see.

I'm not going to be able to resist the temptation of buying the Chiltern pair. Another £236 spoken for haha! Think I'm having all six now. A very very expensive Summer for me.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what is just inside that door?

post-408-0-21188300-1456087972_thumb.jpg

And then it rolled out a bit further.

post-408-0-09929600-1456087975_thumb.jpg

This is a paint sample using one of the earlier EP shells.

Thanks to the guys at Dapol for letting me hijack the loco for a few minutes and take a couple os snaps on NB. Chatting to them today, The lighting set up for DCC could be interesting!

The Chiltern locos (and 008/009) should have an extra orange jumper on the buffer beam for the AAR connector, bit that should be sorted with a bit of modelling (if not already sorted by Dapol)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 11

attachicon.gif68010a.jpg

attachicon.gif68010b.jpg

Thanks to the guys at Dapol for letting me hijack the loco for a few minutes and take a couple os snaps on NB. Chatting to them today, The lighting set up for DCC could be interesting!

The Chiltern locos (and 008/009) should have an extra orange jumper on the buffer beam for the AAR connector, bit that should be sorted with a bit of modelling (if not already sorted by Dapol)

Cheers,

Mick

And that makes it look even better...Very realistic

• Like 1

68010a.jpg

68010b.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

So why do you say about the lighting on dcc and why is it going to be interesting.

Cheers Mick

Dan