Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Glad you posted the videos. I have watched one but its past my bedtime so I'll view your others in the morning. Mind if I ask which camera or camcorder you are using Andy..... A couple of us here are wondering what to buy for next year and I am well out of touch with video equipment now.

• Like 1

Glad you posted the videos. I have watched one but its past my bedtime so I'll view your others in the morning. Mind if I ask which camera or camcorder you are using Andy..... A couple of us here are wondering what to buy for next year and I am well out of touch with video equipment now.

Morning Larry, In the latest Video from the GCR, yesterday it was my Canon IXUS 190 pocket camera pictured below, the previous GCR Videos were my old Fuji S5700.

post-9335-0-78266700-1506236999.jpg

post-9335-0-71802900-1506237014.jpg

post-9335-0-23974200-1506238824.jpg

post-9335-0-33337000-1506238840_thumb.jpg

Other colours available.

post-9335-0-16446200-1506238997_thumb.jpg

The Canon is also the one I've used for all the KM Videos as it goes into small places for some nice shots.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Just followed this from start to here, some inspiring work done, given me a few ideas for Leicester Central, though the station side of my layout is now quite advanced, the opposite side of the oval will be countryside, so your back scenes and scenery will give me the desired effect. The station is going to take me the rest of this year, so it will be cold days in the loft in the new year when I hope to start on the other side.

• Like 2

Just followed this from start to here, some inspiring work done, given me a few ideas for Leicester Central, though the station side of my layout is now quite advanced, the opposite side of the oval will be countryside, so your back scenes and scenery will give me the desired effect. The station is going to take me the rest of this year, so it will be cold days in the loft in the new year when I hope to start on the other side.

Thanks very much, I kept seeing all your LIKES this morning and realised you were trawling your way through .

As you saw, I wasn't planning on countryside to start with, but now I'm glad I have, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

All the best, and thanks again for looking in and all the likes etc.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Thanks Andy; It is amazing what the pocket cameras will deliver. We have been looking at camcorders but they increasingly rely on a back screen viewer, which as anyone knows are uselss in sunny weather. So it looks like a bullet-bite is necessary and we must be prepared to shell out if we want a pucker viewfinder.

Edited by coachmann

Andy I know from your various posts that you are very good at weathering - but having watched these recent videos I know why I keep my locos in pristine condition.

I have to agree to a certain degree, I have some Locos that will have the very minimum of Weathering, The Sound fitted Hornby Clun Castle and the Bachmann Patriot are two that will remain predominantly pristine, and I want a Hall at some point, when funds permit, and after seeing Witherslack yesterday mine will be nice and shiny as well. Also my 9F, 92220 Evening Star only has a small amount of soot on the top of the Boiler and a light dusting on the underside, 

BUT Black workhorses like 4F, 9F, Super D, and WD's etc must be D I R T Y. :sungum:

• Like 2

Thanks Andy; It is amazing what the pocket cameras will deliver. We have been looking at camcorders but they increasingly rely on a back screen viewer, which as anyone knows are uselss in sunny weather. So it looks like a bullet-bite is necessary and we must be prepared to shell out if we want a pucker viewfinder.

Yes the View finder was one big problem I had yesterday with the sun in my eyes.

When I came to do the editing, I found the distant shots were mainly of clouds and trees, which was a shame because the Hall coning into Quorn from way, way away chuffing like billy'o and sound the hooter was awesome, but no good when I'm waving the camera around in the sky like a demented moron. :no:

Yes the View finder was one big problem I had yesterday with the sun in my eyes.

When I came to do the editing, I found the distant shots were mainly of clouds and trees, which was a shame because the Hall coning into Quorn from way, way away chuffing like billy'o and sound the hooter was awesome, but no good when I'm waving the camera around in the sky like a demented moron. :no:

Having been photographing motorcycle racing as both a spectator and as an accredited photographer for many years, I have found my most useful piece of equipment to be one of these :-  

post-30166-0-64558500-1506271994.jpg

KM looking really good now, Andy ! 

Edited by andi4x4

Having been photographing motorcycle racing as both a spectator and as an accredited photographer for many years, I have found my most useful piece of equipment to be one of these :-  

attachicon.gifs-l500.jpg

Ah memories....We all had them ladders when I was a regular phot-hog. Then I outdid my colleagues by buying a 6-footer!  Nowadays I wonder how I carried the darn things. I used to tape a tape measure when buying a car to ensure there was at least 6 feet between the windscreen and boot lid...

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 2

Larry,

My Panasonic DMC-TZ60 camera has a viewfinder.

Don't know what its video is like, as I'm not interested in taking them though.

I have just read DPreview and it looks to be a decent camera especially at the price.  Proper viewfinder and manual focus are good points when shooting movie.

I have to say that, after decades of owning Nikon SLRs and DSLRs I now rely on my iPhone SE for 95% of photography and 100% of videos. Although my Nikon D200 recently survived Welsh estuary mud it is only the expensive lenses that keep it in my camera bag. If it had failed I probably wouldn’t replace it, just sell the lenses and buy an RTR Manor from Lee Marsh!

While at the new Apple store in Birmingham I examined a very fancy and expensive pan head which smoothed out camera shake completely. I think it cost an arm and a leg but would make lovely panned shots of trains entering and leaving stations.

Years ago I bought a Canon IXUS from B&H Photo mail order in New York. A great camera but no video at that time. I am still on their mailing list 20 years later!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifs-l500.jpg

They are certainly useful but a bit bulky to carry around unless you are 'the official' photographer.

Peter

Like it.. What's going on the middle bit of card?

Cheers Scott, not sure at the moment, I might treat it to represent a Hard Standing, and if that doesn't look right, then I'll ballast / Ash over it.

Edited by Andrew P

I've also been messing around with the former for the Land for the two cottages, (the Hornby Box represents the Cottage I've ordered) and the Black just to mark out a Roadway.

With the last picture doesn't the embankment need cutting back to give a better sight line for the 'two' signals, say, the sight line taken from the signal box for example?

Otherwise working well and nice to see a view blocker being employed......

Great

With the last picture doesn't the embankment need cutting back to give a better sight line for the 'two' signals, say, the sight line taken from the signal box for example?

Otherwise working well and nice to see a view blocker being employed......

Great

Your right Kevin, but I'm not at all happy with it, I've just been out since Lunch and ended up turning the power off and coming in, I just can't get it to look how I want it to look. I'm considering no raised area, or just an inch of ground on the corner, and then using Trees for the view blocker, but leaving sight for the Signalman. I may do away with the second smaller Cottage as well, to allow more room for Trees and a bigger Garden and Veg patch for the main Cottage.

• Like 1

If I might put an observation of your dillema.

I think perhaps its the height of the nearside hill, plus the signals, is highlighting the scale of the curve,. Therfore I'm inclined to agree if you are able to reduce the height, particularly in the section between the Signal box and the signals, it will shift the focus further towrds the reverse curves, perhaps.

All the best with your deliberations, you usually get it right after tea & cakes!