Little Muddle

KNP

If they can grow tea in Cornwall I am sure you can have a Kentish barn, an oasthouse and a vineyard.

Oh no you can't. I want one to set the location of my layout in Kent, or just into East Sussex. If people start putting them in totally incorrect situations, I may as well not bother ;).

Excellent work...another layout for my favourite top trumps. Looking at the photos posted it is very reminiscent of the photos in 70's & 80's copies of Model Railway Constructor about the building of the Bodmin layout. Just hope my efforts as a returner to the hobby can get anywhere near.

• Like 1

Excellent work...another layout for my favourite top trumps. Looking at the photos posted it is very reminiscent of the photos in 70's & 80's copies of Model Railway Constructor about the building of the Bodmin layout. Just hope my efforts as a returner to the hobby can get anywhere near.

Many thanks, I can't recall the pictures in MRC but then we are talking 35+ years ago.

I can't remember what I did yesterday - Tuesday!?!

Give it a ago as long as you are happy with it then that's the best result.

My motto - model what you see, not what you think you see.

• Like 1

I think it all depends if it's a Kentish barn or a barn of Kent! Perhaps we need a referendum on this.

What.......Barnexit, haven't we had something like that a while ago?

• Like 1

Lovely modelling. Some blighter has had off with the colonel's golf bats!

Cheers

Dave

Many thanks

What with the scarecrow loosing his vernaculars and now the Colonels golf bats going missing poor old PC Dibble has his work cut out.

Excellent, I await the next enthralling issue.

No.....wait a minute, the contents of the next issue will be up to you lot and me!

Oh dear, the pressure, the stress, need some of that laughing gas to chill out......

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There is a vineyard in Cornwall too, best access is from the Bodmin & Wenford Railway.

It's name is Camel Valley Vineyard, it's absolutely marvelous stuff their dry white I alway buy it by the case from them (10-20% cheaper) when I'm in the area or if I run out which is often I'm on their mailing list.    :drinks:

• RMweb Gold

Lovely photographs,Kevin. There is such a cosy,warm traditional feel to them, if that makes sense.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

With all that's going on I see one of the locals is getting away to relax......Not sure if he's playing golf or flying pigeons or selling watches.

Anyway sir - have a nice time and no doubt it will all be sorted when you get back!

Lovely warm red/orange brick in the background - are those brick papers, Kevin, and have you actually scribed some relief on them? It all looks superb.

Lovely warm red/orange brick in the background - are those brick papers, Kevin, and have you actually scribed some relief on them? It all looks superb.

It is from Scalescenes Aged Red Brick and when I first built it (4 years ago) I gave it a coat of Humbrol matt varnish which sort of reacted with the printer ink to give the hue you so now, it's one of things that happen and you're not exactly sure why.

Then the fading saga started and it has had at least 4 coats of the UV varnish to prevent it, or try to prevent it, fading which also dulled it down a bit more as well.

It will be one of those things that if I try to replicate it will be hit and miss.....

No relief as I use a wallpaper seam roller to apply all my brick papers to get it all flat and bubble free.

The relief you see is the design effect of the paper which why I'm a great fan of that range.

Model Railway Scenery have also come out with some good brick papers which I have used in the station area.

EDIT - Found a sheet and most of it was built with Aged BROWN Brick TX07 from Scalescenes

Edited by KNP

Depends on whether that's your front door the horse has just knocked on. I think he's selling double glazing.

Quick shut the barn door before the double glazing horse salesman bolts - in!