DJM N gauge Crowdfunded King Class Steam Loco has started

DJM Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the actual subject of this thread, do we have an update in the sales progress of each variant of model Dave?

Well, it's now 1st November and I'm sure many others who have said they would like a King/s would feel better / more confident for an update. You have just announced a Hopper wagon Dave. It may be that in the absence of updates on their King class people will hold back on the Hopper wagons.  

Well, it's now 1st November and I'm sure many others who have said they would like a King/s would feel better / more confident for an update. You have just announced a Hopper wagon Dave. It may be that in the absence of updates on their King class people will hold back on the Hopper wagons.

Hi mate,

What king have you ordered? I’ll let you know an update for it.

Please let me have your name as well and i’ll Confirm your order just to give you peace of mind.

Thanks

Dave

Hi mate,

What king have you ordered? I’ll let you know an update for it.

Please let me have your name as well and i’ll Confirm your order just to give you peace of mind.

Thanks

Dave

Dave:

If you could also respond to the email I sent you on 25th September I would be grateful.

Thanks, DaveB

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm not sure there is a valid link there! A King hauling TOPS-era coal wagons?

Some of us will buy anything!

Anyway, some of those hoppers were built as early as 1954, so could easily have been seen alongside a King, perhaps somewhere in the West Midlands. Pulled by one? Nah. 

Chris

Anyway, some of those hoppers were built as early as 1954, so could easily have been seen alongside a King, perhaps somewhere in the West Midlands. Pulled by one? Nah.

Agreed, the Kings were rare off their intended crack-express diagrams. I have read about one milk train working that was diagrammed for King haulage (since milk trains travelled at passenger speeds) but I have not seen photographic proof of it. Slower freight work seems unlikely.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it too well.

My point was meant to be that it has gone very quiet on progress with the King class. Announcing the hopper wagons is of course good news, but it's been a while since any updates on the King. Maybe more will be revealed at Warley.  I just happen to think that some updates on the King would build confidence in people.

Edited by wellseasoned

. . . it has gone very quiet on progress with the King class. Announcing the hopper wagons is of course good news, but it's been a while since any updates on the King. Maybe more will be reveled at Warley.  I just happen to think that some updates on the King would build confidence in people.

The King has been announced and even CADs have been published. I'd guess that current progress is allowing time for people to place thier expressions of interest/orders. I doubt any tooling will take place until monies (deposits/first installments) have been asked for and paid. Until then there's probably little to report by way of an update.

G

There will be a king update released this weekend for Warley, along with class 92, HUO wagons, 74, and 17 and 1 or 9 surprises depending on contracts this week.

Cheers

Dave

Hopefully the contracts work out and can't wait to hear about the Class 92 update.

There will be a king update released this weekend for Warley, along with class 92, HUO wagons, 74, and 17 and 1 or 9 surprises depending on contracts this week.

Well you certainly made good on your promise of surprises!

In the general excitement about the APT, I didn't see anything about the King. Is there any further news?

Hi Matt,

unfortunately i didn't get to announce all of them, but i'm trying to get them signed off soon so i can.

Meanwhile the King i am predicting will go to tooling in Mid March, and let me explain why......

December is a month of joy and merriment, and spending time and money on yourselves and family. Quite a few get paid a week early too so money going into the 5 week January is tight. We all have these problems and what you don't need is some computer happy chap sitting here at my laptop asking you for money that's already tight (been there, got the t-shirt), so i will invoice for the king and the 92's starting the first week of Feb 2018 with a view to getting all tooling monies in for mid March so tooling can start on all 3 projects.

hope that's alright everyone?

cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Just so I understand this Dave, how much will you be invoicing in Feb? Will it be the initial £30 deposit or the deposit plus the first tooling so £80 per loco? Want to make sure I have the money in place ready

Hi Ed,

The amount will be 50% the total for each loco ordered.

This is for final cad design which I have paid for, and tooling to 1st ep standards.

The remainder will be asked for once the tooling is approved to second ep standards, and that is for the 2nd ep tooling, the model, and will in fact be the remaining 50% plus postage.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

For one item that will be £67.75 to be paid in February and another £67.75 plus whatever posting and packaging costs maybe six months later . Thanks for the update, I’m looking forward to owning one of these. So I guess about a year or so (probably early 2019) before the kings arrive if all goes to plan.

Hi Ed,

This is for final cad design which I have paid for, and tooling to 1st ep standards.

The remainder will be asked for once the tooling is approved to second ep standards, and that is for the 2nd ep tooling, the model, and will in fact be the remaining 50% plus postage.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave

Just transferred that money to my savings account so its locked away and can't be spent anywhere else. No way am I missing out on 2 kings. Now who does a King sound chip?

Hi Ed,

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

So can we now see the revised cad please?

So can we now see the revised cad please?

As soon as I get something worth showing, of course.

I’m not spending anyone’s money until the consensus from everyone is that it’s the best it can be, so even if tooling gets delayed by a change or 3, then so be it.

Cheers

Dave

As soon as I get something worth showing, of course.

I’m not spending anyone’s money until the consensus from everyone is that it’s the best it can be, so even if tooling gets delayed by a change or 3, then so be it.

Cheers

Dave

Of course, but inevitably this raises the question of when will you be publishing the revised cad?

in your original post on this thread you indicated that producing the revised cad would take about four weeks. On the basis of your post no. 221 (dated 26th.July), in which you said that you had authorised work on the revised cad to proceed at your own expense, production of the cad is now over three months overdue.

I don't see how you can be projecting a first EP time frame without

Of course, but inevitably this raises the question of when will you be publishing the revised cad?

in your original post on this thread you indicated that producing the revised cad would take about four weeks. On the basis of your post no. 221 (dated 26th.July), in which you said that you had authorised work on the revised cad to proceed at your own expense, production of the cad is now over three months overdue.

I don't see how you can be projecting a first EP time frame without

Ignore the last sentence of my post above

Ignore the last sentence of my post above

Hi,

I've been quite clear about the king cad/cam development, and i'm pretty sure that all my clients are ok with how long it takes, within reason, as long as its right when i do.

I've spent my money on getting the cad/cam shrunk, and not asked for a penny, therefore no monies have been collected from my clients.

If you would like to PM me with your name and order choice, i'll confirm you have ordered one, as some clients didn't get a confirmation, as i cannot find any details to mail to directly in your recently started profile.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the N gauge King crowdfunding model will close mid march so you only have until then to order a King for your model railway layout if you havn't done so already.

However if you have already ordered, i will take further orders from you for extra models up until production starts. 

cheers

Dave

• Like 2