• RMweb Gold

GN or GE? Which is the most evil then?

P

What about GC, NE or NB?

Reluctantly I have a slight liking for the GE.....as for the rest.....

post-14122-0-29427100-1525357005.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Look, we don't mention certain other railways in this house, unless they have cute little engines that will look pretty in an attractive, brightly coloured livery or have an unpronounceable Welsh name from a village near Llandrindod Wells.

The GC is exempt from everything, being as it was a kind of big boy's Somerset & Dorset.

And there's another J- something or other in the latest Bylines that also passes the cute little tank engine test.

• RMweb Gold

By the way, I've decided to go for the larger pudding bowl radius when it comes to rounding the corners at the back of the main baseboard, to allow the backscene to curve round, rather than the smaller pudding bowl or the very small ceramic something.

post-57-0-04088200-1525359239.jpg

post-57-0-04088200-1525359239.jpg

• Like 7

By the way, I've decided to go for the larger pudding bowl radius when it comes to rounding the corners at the back of the main baseboard, to allow the backscene to curve round, rather than the smaller pudding bowl or the very small ceramic something.

20180503_090148.jpg

Where does one obtain a P4 pudding bowl?

Where does one obtain a P4 pudding bowl?

Pudding Bowl Radii-R-Us do a nice line, but be sharp before they go into liquidation !

A.Mbrosia

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif20180503_090148.jpg

What about a large mixing bowl?

• RMweb Premium

Baseboard top now has the corners cut out for the curving backscene.

Note the two end pieces now have small sections cut out to allow the base of the backscene to curve around:

attachicon.gif20180505_152826.jpg

Far too neat your Highness. Let's have some tea cup rings and/or wine stains along with some splintery edges please.

M.Essery 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Let's have some tea cup rings and/or wine stains along with some splintery edges please.

I might be able to give you the odd tea mug stain in due course, but wine stains, what do you take me for, some kind of effete, arty-farty, red wine-quaffing nincompoop in a cravatte and dark red velvet jacket?

I might be able to give you the odd tea mug stain in due course, but wine stains, what do you take me for, some kind of effete, arty-farty, red wine-quaffing nincompoop in a cravatte and dark red velvet jacket?

Judging by your icon-ettes both present and previously I certainly wouldn't expect to see you in any of those clothes Roderick !

Burlington Bertie from Bassettshire

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Returning to topic for a moment, here is one of a series of panoramic landscape views that I took in the Shropshire/Mid-Wales area yesterday, that might end up as the backscene for Bethesda Sidings:

post-57-0-66978200-1525978184.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Another shot of Mid Wales.

post-14122-0-06280500-1526018421.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2

Captain,  when setting your time and designing your back scene, check OS maps from your time period for field boundaries.  Modern fields can be much bigger than in the past as farmers seek to gain greater efficiency out of their land - and who can blame them considering the prices they get.

regards

• RMweb Gold

Captain,  when setting your time and designing your back scene, check OS maps from your time period for field boundaries.  Modern fields can be much bigger than in the past as farmers seek to gain greater efficiency out of their land - and who can blame them considering the prices they get.

regards

Agreed. In this case, the large fields in the foreground would not be included in the backscene, nor would modern crops like rapeseed.