2ManySpams

No No No.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - I don't think it's fixed who's who!!

I think it rotates, probably depending on what happened the night before.....

Anyway i'm doing some work today, building a new display panel.

It's not going that well though - in fact i'm avoiding the issue by typing this.

The garage/workshop is full of assembled layout so I have to work outside on the trailer!

Further, my circular saw is broken so I have to cut everything by hand and finish with a plane.

post-8734-0-35049700-1318155628_thumb.jpg

Still, the pub opens soon

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 3

No No No.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - I don't think it's fixed who's who!!

I think it rotates, probably depending on what happened the night before.....

It must rotate because you wrote 'IL BUONO, IL CATTIVO & IL BRUTTO' which is "The Good, The Ugly, & The Bad"

It must rotate because you wrote 'IL BUONO, IL CATTIVO & IL BRUTTO' which is "The Good, The Ugly, & The Bad"

Yeah your right.

However this is the order the names appear on the signature tune on the album. - Strange

Stranger still is they appear in the film in a different order still; The Ugly, The Bad and finally The Good.

I'm sure that nice Mr Gingo can explain all.

Didn't get too much done today, it starting raining so I had to pack up and go down the pub to keep dry.

Still, it gave me time to think about the next layout

If you empty that glass first, goodness knows...

(Like the glass, not too keen of the contents)

It's The Edinburgh Malt 'Glenkinchie', a 16 year old single malt, and it's smooth as silk

Some jobs need something to steady the hand, others would include threading chairs onto rails, painting rails and painting sleepers.

Luckily the Pipes on the loco don't look too bad this morning, although I only got one end done as I went beyond the steady hand stage in the end - if you know what I mean....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting photos there Craig. I like the bent hand rails around the turntable - mind you might get some wrong comments if modeled like that - e.g. 'hey mister your hand rails have got bent' or 'a bit clumsy there'.

Those hand rails have stories to tell....

Told best by others.......

Some progress today - albeit 'non railway', woodwork stuff..

In order not to frighten small childen when we take the layout Warley it's been decided that we need a display panel to hide unsightly operators and also the right-hand fiddleyard.

The concept is that the design of the display panel mirrors the 'letter box' framing style of the main layout and will be painted to match - if I can find the original paint!!

Here's how far i've got, its not hinged together yet, just propped up for the Photo.

post-8734-0-28406000-1319382668_thumb.jpg

It will sit to the right hand side of the layout below.

post-8734-0-75837100-1319382782_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Some progress today - albeit 'non railway', woodwork stuff..

In order not to frighten small childen when we take the layout Warley it's been decided that we need a display panel to hide unsightly operators and also the right-hand fiddleyard.

The concept is that the design of the display panel mirrors the 'letter box' framing style of the main layout and will be painted to match - if I can find the original paint!!

Here's how far i've got, its not hinged together yet, just propped up for the Photo.

post-8734-0-28406000-1319382668_thumb.jpg

It will sit to the right hand side of the layout below.

post-8734-0-75837100-1319382782_thumb.jpg

That screen will just make people more curious as to what you have to hide behind it :rolleyes:

Colin

• RMweb Premium

I'll second that. That's why all our layouts have ample space between operating positions....although someone who will remain nameless (50026) loves a spot of crop dusting from time to time :stinker:

Edited by 2ManySpams
  • Like 1

I'll second that. That's why all our layouts have ample space between operating positions....although someone who will remain nameless (50026) loves a spot of crop dusting from time to time :stinker:

Ah ha, fear not.

Warley show is in a big hall.

You will not have to endure any high pressure, confined space situations!!

By the way I can't believe you've found one of those animated yellow thingies that f*rts and then wafts it away!

Very special!!

I've made progress this weekend, one day on the layout - the other down the Great Central Railway with father as he was taking part in a footplate experience course.

The display boards are painted now to match the rest of the layout. We just need to finalise the display -

Pirelli calander anyone?

Here's a couple of shots at the GCR - the garage is too dark for any layout/ display board shots.

post-8734-0-00119900-1320091757_thumb.jpg

I've just received some more wheels from Alan Gibson although judging by this photo perhaps i've not bought enough.

post-8734-0-84920200-1320092001_thumb.jpg

Network Rail yellow 37 195 is still around, pictured here at Loughborough.

This next weekend is that last weekend for Jobs before Warley as we are out with one of our other layouts Treneglos the weekend before at Spalding exhibition.

I've left all the jobs I hate till last; namely re-wheeling, fitting chips and fitting buffer beam detail.

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 2

I've made progress this weekend, one day on the layout - the other down the Great Central Railway with father as he was taking part in a footplate experience course.

The display boards are painted now to match the rest of the layout. We just need to finalise the display -

Pirelli calander anyone?

Here's a couple of shots at the GCR - the garage is too dark for any layout/ display board shots.

post-8734-0-00119900-1320091757_thumb.jpg

I've just received some more wheels from Alan Gibson although judging by this photo perhaps i've not bought enough.

post-8734-0-84920200-1320092001_thumb.jpg

Network Rail yellow 37 195 is still around, pictured here at Loughborough.

This next weekend is that last weekend for Jobs before Warley as we are out with one of our other layouts Treneglos the weekend before at Spalding exhibition.

I've left all the jobs I hate till last; namely re-wheeling, fitting chips and fitting buffer beam detail.

How about a naked class 37! :sungum: