2ManySpams

I find this essential, after driving from Whitby to Expo EM North at Slaithwaite last September without all the baseboards for Greyscroft Mine, I now double check... unsure.gif

Now that's impressive. - to leave a board!

We forgot to take both sets of the fiddle yard cartridges for our Treneglos layout while on a trip to Wadebridge show,Cornwall a couple of years ago.

It was initially a terrible sinking feeling, however since we are all natural bodgers we soon found a solution - and it kept us out the pub.

We made some new ones out of RTR track and folded card board on the Friday night and Saturday morning.

It was actually a really great fealing to recover from such a poor situation. - If we hadn't, literally nothing would have run!

Hi Damien,

Just a quick querie to see if you have managed to complete the booking form to bring DitD to RAILEX NE 2012?

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

We are a definite on for this show, I just must apologise for my increasing scruffyness in the administration department.

It's pains me to ask......

But could you send me the form again - please.

Perhaps we don't deserve to come - eeekkk.

mmmm I seem to remember that it was probably a good 14 months ago that I started the final section of the workshop building. I'm guessing that finishing this for the Truro show would be a good idea - by the way how come it's already time for the Truro show? Where's the time gone??

Over the next few weeks I'll be posting photos of the final section being built - it will be nice to do some modelling in 2011 not just 12" to 1' house building. On the original two sections I routinely sent Damian photos of the build via text - only to find his phone wasn't accepting them!

For those that are interested in the constuction of the original 2 parts of the building, photos can be found by clicking here.

Chis,

I'm really looking forward to seeing the pic's of your next masterpiece.

Just by way of a polite reminder, a couple of ground rules;

1) No caravans

2) No portacabins.

BTW;

a. I didn't realise about the text photo's I wasn't receiving

b. Did you see Top Gear tonight?

c. The main fiddle yard has no legs.

We forgot to take both sets of the fiddle yard cartridges for our Treneglos layout while on a trip to Wadebridge show,Cornwall a couple of years ago.

It was initially a terrible sinking feeling, however since we are all natural bodgers we soon found a solution - and it kept us out the pub.

We made some new ones out of RTR track and folded card board on the Friday night and Saturday morning.

It was actually a really great fealing to recover from such a poor situation. - If we hadn't, literally nothing would have run!

you certainly kept that to yourselves, Oldgringo said last night that it was supposed to be kept secret

not a secret any longer then

• RMweb Premium

No not a secret, but a deliberate team building exercise. You can pay 'experts' £1000s for lesser results. You should have seen the fun we had with card, double-sided tape, a glue gun and some Peco track. Smashing stuff.

In fact it was such good fun Damian is thinking of forgetting the legs for DitD for the Truto show.....now where was the nearest B&Q???

Of course we'd never take a certain colliery layout to Holmfirth and leave the pit head gear in a box in Stafford would we Geoff? Far better prepared than that ;)

We were better prepared, the only time we had a list of the items that should be on the van, (Andy's idea )

When we checked the list it was reported that the headgears were upstairs in room 3, the problem arose because everybody thought that somebody had fetched them when in fact nobody had, luckily "empty" was coming up on the saturday morning to do some operating before going to watch the football match

Since the sun's been out for the last two days I've found some outside job's to do - painting.

Here's a couple of shots showing the 'A frame' legs and timbers which form the 'sub frame' (the wooden braces are temporary, subject to finding some suitable chain)

post-8734-0-65180900-1311525234_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-07533300-1311525324_thumb.jpg

Better do some modelling soon......

• Like 1

I see you've notched the beams as well.

Well I've run out of space on the bed post for anymore notches - ha ha

Yes I've notched the top of the 'A frame' legs and the underside of the beams. As youv'e guessed this just allows for 'automatic' spacing of the legs and hence speeding up set up time. This in turn has the crucial benefit of bringing forward the sampling of the forbiden sauce on Friday evening set ups.

Well worth the effort me thinks - especially with the Truro high life coming up........

And I see the grey paint has been out too...how did the garage floor get on?

You'll be pleased to know I've changed my ways and improved the process.

I've adopted a new policy of putting the paint directly on the layout and not tipping it on the garage floor first.

I've found it goes a little further and the finish is a little less textured.

I do need to sort the garage floor out tho, and at least get it all the same colour.

Flipping eck - there are no secrets on here, are there?.........

Since the sun's been out for the last two days I've found some outside job's to do - painting.

Here's a couple of shots showing the 'A frame' legs and timbers which form the 'sub frame' (the wooden braces are temporary, subject to finding some suitable chain)

post-8734-0-65180900-1311525234_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-07533300-1311525324_thumb.jpg

Better do some modelling soon......

Instead of using chain that gets in the way when you close the tressles for transport, why not use some nylon webbing which would be easier to fit,it's available in widths of 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" etc from ebay, comes in various colours too

Available in 3,4 or 5 metre lenghts for about £2.50 plus postage

Instead of using chain that gets in the way when you close the tressles for transport, why not use some nylon webbing which would be easier to fit,it's available in widths of 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" etc from ebay, comes in various colours too

Available in 3,4 or 5 metre lenghts for about £2.50 plus postage

Nice idea Geoff, I'll go for that. But how to fix them? Glue? Bolts? Clamped? All three?

Mark - It will probably be Railfeight Red because i've got some broken trailer straps that colour.

The other advantage here is that I can take a 3m length and sew it to Old Gringo's trousers to stop him wondering off to those ever-tempting book stalls.

Two birds - One stone!!

To save on "Webbing" why don't you just incorporate "Old Gringo" actually into the layout (as an old derelict barn or somesuch)?

That will stop the Old Codger from wandering off and causing mayhem.........

Best, Pete.

• Like 1