2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

As I forgot to take any photos of the last door under construction, here's the start of the big pair of doors: two thick lumps of plasticard and a photo of the photo I'm working from....

post-6675-0-05567200-1312921498_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-89045900-1312921503_thumb.jpg

(Note to self, photos of glossy photos doesn't work)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So here we have some progress photos of the big doors being constructed. I used strip plastic for the planking. I've previously scored out the planking but the base sheet tends to distort and curl over time. The strip also gives a nice even plank with no rough edges.

post-6675-0-67590900-1312927553_thumb.jpg

The main plastic backings have been cut to fit the opening - the doors open outwards and there's little rebate on the frame.

post-6675-0-11671400-1312927506_thumb.jpg

The door frames are put in first, making sure they fit in the opening! And some strengtheners are fitted to the rear - these will also help set the doors in position.

post-6675-0-48738200-1312927516_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-02241300-1312927524_thumb.jpg

The outer frames are next, from .020"x.080" strip.

post-6675-0-06212500-1312927534_thumb.jpg

Strips are glued on the front over length and then trimmed from the rear.

post-6675-0-22728700-1312927544_thumb.jpg

And then infill planks from .020"x.040" strip - strangely, just like the real thing I needed a half plank infill to finish each door.

post-6675-0-02425900-1312927566_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-07566000-1312927576_thumb.jpg

And then the hinges.

post-6675-0-29555100-1312927585_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-77847300-1312927593_thumb.jpg

The gaps in the planking are over-scale but designed to be noticeable as a planked door from 3' away. The bottom of the door has a draught seal on it and so the outer frame hasn't been modeled.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I'll third that,

I assume that it is a kit,if so,who produces it & where is it available from?

Looking forward to seeing the layout again at Falmouth.Saw it at Wadebridge last year. I'ts superb

I think Damian was approached on here via PM by a RMwebber who self produced the parts as a kit and had some spare to offer. It might even be a post in this thread from about this time last year. Anyway they got delivered to Truro or Wadebridge show.

D does that sound about right?

I'll third that,

I assume that it is a kit,if so,who produces it & where is it available from?

The kit was produced by Boscarne of RMweb for his own rolling stock and as far as I am aware any surplus ones to his own requirements were sold off, two of which went to indomitable026 for Diesels of the Duchy, which got past onto me for building.

The main hurdle to completing the build is the transfers of which there is now none available commercially, the originals were produced by Scale Model Transfers which ceased in Dec 2010.

I am currently producing the TRL logo and the Tullis Russell logo for these two wagons from a jpg of the original transfers sent to me by Boscarne, most of the remaining transfers, the tops panel and the larger lettering can be obtained from Fox

The difficulty of producing all the transfers is that the tops panel and the writing are white and there are not many models of printer that print white

The kit was produced by Boscarne of RMweb for his own rolling stock and as far as I am aware any surplus ones to his own requirements were sold off, two of which went to indomitable026 for Diesels of the Duchy, which got past onto me for building.

The main hurdle to completing the build is the transfers of which there is now none available commercially, the originals were produced by Scale Model Transfers which ceased in Dec 2010.

I am currently producing the TRL logo and the Tullis Russell logo for these two wagons from a jpg of the original transfers sent to me by Boscarne, most of the remaining transfers, the tops panel and the larger lettering can be obtained from Fox

The difficulty of producing all the transfers is that the tops panel and the writing are white and there are not many models of printer that print white

Hi

Thanks to both you & 2ManySpams for your replies.

Although not suitable for my current project I do have a plan to produce a layout based during the early 90's when I took Quite a few pictures of StBlazey/ Lostwithiel so a couple of these would have been handy.

Ah well,back to scratch build or hope Mr Kernow produces one!

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Try steam and things in Australia. I needed some bespoke transfers in white for some wagons and so long as you do most of the artwork he will produce them at a very reasonable price and the service was smashing. I sent of the artwork (email), it needed a little tweaking of the font, but apart from that no problems he then emailed me the price, I sorted the money and they were here in about a fortnight.

http://www.steamandthings.com/

No connection only as a very satisfied customer.

Cheers SS

• Like 1

Hi

Try steam and things in Australia. I needed some bespoke transfers in white for some wagons

Cheers SS

I have in the past used Brunel Models in Australia, the transfers for the Martin Finney T9 on Trenegloss had its transfers produced by Brunel Models

• RMweb Premium

Well, all the doors are now made. The door openings and corners have had the brick courses added and some details have been added to the walls. I've just primed the doors and windows. Perhaps some photos tomorrow but proper painting now starts!

Right then, the final sort-out for Truro begins.

post-8734-0-42567600-1313225283_thumb.jpg

Job's for today include;

- Make a set of legs for the fiddle yard

- Wiring mods (some of the wiring is 'commoned' on copper clad stips (I ran out of time and material for it's first show), it's now getting tidied up and being soldered to better quality tag strips)

- Check the flipping thing works

- Do an audit on all the bits required

- Tidy the stock boxes

- Nip down the Great Northern for a quick sniff

• Like 2

Bill, if you've taken any shots of St B would you mind sharing them on this thread?

Hi,

No problem..well I'll have to find them & scan them first as the 90's ones are all in a photo album & not yet on the computer.

Are you interested in wagons or the buildings as most of my older pics are of rolling stock?Also I have quite a few pics of the current scene.

There are a few of the Par harbour branch on my Deviock Dock thread.

Below are a few pics of the scene around '07 post-7844-0-98005800-1313231309_thumb.jpg post-7844-0-48492200-1313231116_thumb.jpg post-7844-0-91720600-1313230931_thumb.jpg

cheers Bill

post-7844-0-66188900-1313231051_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-28132200-1313231671_thumb.jpg

• Like 3