2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Nice idea Geoff, I'll go for that. But how to fix them? Glue? Bolts? Clamped? All three?

I'd just double the ends over then staple through - have seen the webbing straps under the seat cushions of sofas fixed in this way (stapled directly to a soft wood frame) seems to work.

Nice idea Geoff, I'll go for that. But how to fix them? Glue? Bolts? Clamped? All three?

As Mark has said you could use staples but the industrial type not those for stapling paper, but you would also need staple gun and compressor, I know were there all of the items required to do the job quickly but theirs this thing called miles and miles between use

You could also use upholstery tacks but again you would need a source, guess were

Probably the best solution would be to use countersunk screws and cup washers

To save on "Webbing" why don't you just incorporate "Old Gringo" actually into the layout (as an old derelict barn or somesuch)?

That will stop the Old Codger from wandering off and causing mayhem.........

Best, Pete.

Pete,

I see trouble ahead!!

Incorporating Owd Grinder' into the layout, say as a dead tree or derelict building?

This would mean whole sections of the layout would going missing without notice.

We could be at show and board 2 could disappear to 'Nigel Birds' books.

We could be loading on a Friday at home and realise the same boards are down the road at Stamford, stuck in the back room of Robert Humm's books.

Sugestions appreciated, but - no thanks.

ha ha ha.

To save on "Webbing" why don't you just incorporate "Old Gringo" actually into the layout (as an old derelict barn or somesuch)?

That will stop the Old Codger from wandering off and causing mayhem.........

Best, Pete.

If I have to be incorporated as an old relic, I'd rather it was as part of the "Admiral Rodney" pub, perhaps propping up the saloon bar.

And Jayne says that anchoring me to the layout at exhibitions would be a good idea too, and stop me buying more puffer-train books. Plus it would give you two guys lots more time to buy Spam-cans and PIES!!

All the best, Even Older Gringo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi folks, finally got some time to do some modelling. With the Truro show fast approaching I thought it would be good to finish off the long workshop building that goes along the back of the layout. It's probably been a good 12 months since the building was started and it's taken a few hours to find all the parts, drawings and photos i needed. Oh, and 30mins to track down some mekpak in the house....

Anyone fancy some photos?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If I have to be incorporated as an old relic, I'd rather it was as part of the "Admiral Rodney" pub, perhaps propping up the saloon bar.

John

If you paint a model figure as yourself then I'll put you in the bar of the Admiral.... :drinks:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris,

I can't believe how this layout has slipped under my radar! Such a cracker!

I will really enjoy seeing it at Truro.

Regards,

Nick

Be sure to introduce yourself - we were there last year with Treneglos.

• RMweb Premium

Ok, so to recap, here's a few shots of the other 2/3 of the buildings along the back taken in Feb 2010.

post-6675-0-86448400-1312647091_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-84768700-1312647099_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-84509800-1312647108_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-11330500-1312647118_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-81356900-1312647123_thumb.jpg

Now August last year saw the 'long low' building fascia being cut....

post-6675-0-41747000-1312647298_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-54800600-1312647308_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-31466100-1312647320_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-56826900-1312647330_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-92634700-1312647343_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-06379800-1312647352_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-97551000-1312647361_thumb.jpg

And that was as far as I got....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh, just a note for those who missed my note 12 months or so ago....the buildings are 'based' on those found at St Blazey. We've shortened them and I'm building them mirror image to real life. There's good reason, honest....but it can make transposing detail from the photos a bit tricky at times!

• RMweb Premium

Looking VERY good. I visited there once, whilst driving a van (I use the word van in it's most loosest sense) for the DTG who had acquired some spares from there. It was a reasonable drive down but the journey back left something to be desired. It was definitely in the Rolls Canardly bracket.

I certainly needed a fresh pair of underpants and several stiff drinks after the experience.

Cheers SS

• Like 1

Wow!

Thats going to make a massive difference! The right hand back of the layout will change significantly.

This is what I love about this hobby and building models with others. You think you know what is going to end up looking like - but actually you don't.

When good friends have spent immense amounts of time and turn up with such things - well its just magic.

The layout becomes alive and so much more than just 'your' layout - the project almost becomes a mini institution.

Well impressed!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Back to modelling...

Because I left the building in a incomplete state for 12 months, particularly as all the bracing and laminations weren't in place, there were some interesting curves to sort out. Thankfully I remembered I had some small squeezy clamps in the shed!

post-6675-0-64479100-1312654490_thumb.jpg

All's straight now.

• Like 1