Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Personally I'd rather scroll through a single thread discussing bargains and ignore posts I'm not interested in than try and find multiple threads discussing bargains or non-bargains when I dont know whats been started or if its relevant to what I'm interested in.

I'm similar but I'd rather read the arguments and ignore the bargains.

• RMweb Premium

Having read the last two pages, I think this bargain will be eagerly snapped up...

https://www.debenhams.com/sale/women/accessories/handbags

Nothing in it for me.....

As the OP of this thread, it may be time for a quick reminder (and that's all it is as I certainly don't want to be labelled as a Bargain Hunter Mark2  policeman), why we have a Mark 2 thread and hopefully will not require a Mk3 (edit!) version.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/125236-bargain-hunters-mark-2/page-1&do=findComment&comment=2815259

Merry Christmas.

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

To add a potential bargain for someone, Lidl have ultrasonic cleaners from 20/12. I have a larger one which I wouldn't be without, but wanted it to be a suitable size for a 4mm coach...

Doesn't appear to have made it onto their website yet, but is on the app:

attachicon.gif20181211_142005.jpg

I bought one of those when Aldi had it.

Definitely worth the cash IMHO

Cleans dirty chassis/wheels etc really well.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

eBay have another 10% off...

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2018/pinchme.html?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D8870486593732759144

Code: PINCHME

Ends just before midnight on Sunday/Monday

Interesting, but it's not showing up on the auction listing pages, like the last time ?  anybody used this code at checkout and received the 10% discount ? 

• RMweb Premium

Interesting, but it's not showing up on the auction listing pages, like the last time ?  anybody used this code at checkout and received the 10% discount ?

Tried it and didn't work "Not valid with this postage option"

Ho hum...

• RMweb Gold

Interesting, but it's not showing up on the auction listing pages, like the last time ? anybody used this code at checkout and received the 10% discount ?

I’ve just bought something on an accepted best offer in the car parts category and tried the code only have it say ‘code not Valid with chosen postage option’, changed the postage to all 3 options available (delivered, click and collect and collect in person) and got the same message every time so couldn’t use it, but annoying as it would have been £5 off

Tried it and didn't work "Not valid with this postage option"

Ho hum...

According to the terms of the offer in the post above, postage is not included in the offer, so regardless of what postage option you chose it should still have worked ?  but it is only valid on purchases of £20 or more........strange it's not being accepted ? 

EDIT:  Just purchased a 37 and got 10% off  . nice one.................

The 10% discounts are now showing on the listing pages..............

Edited by tractor_37260

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just bought something on an accepted best offer in the car parts category and tried the code only have it say ‘code not Valid with chosen postage option’, changed the postage to all 3 options available (delivered, click and collect and collect in person) and got the same message every time so couldn’t use it, but annoying as it would have been £5 off

Sounds like a glitch. I'd email/tweet them. I've emailed them to enquire as I want to spend quite a bit this weekend.....

Edited by ruggedpeak

No cashback for ebay on Topcashback though

"We are currently unable to offer cashback discounts on any purchases made at eBay UK. Please see below for details" but nothing "below" gives an explanation. Somewhat miffed as I was making a £300+ purchase less the 10% on a bicycle related item whilst it is available tax and post free from Germany - something I suspect will not be the case in the near future.

Edited by Butler Henderson

No cashback for ebay on Topcashback though

"We are currently unable to offer cashback discounts on any purchases made at eBay UK. Please see below for details" but nothing "below" gives an explanation. Somewhat miffed as I was making a £300+ purchase less the 10% on a bicycle related item whilst it is available tax and post free from Germany - something I suspect will not be the case in the near future.

[speculation]

I have a feeling that top cash get eBay money though the eBay affiliate program. (https://partnernetwork.ebay.co.uk/)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk&pub=5574630565&campid=5337722312&customid=1x18816382293

If you look at an example referral link from top cash back, to me at least, it certainly looks like an affiliate link.

eBay affiliate payments are based on a % of eBay's revenue on the items sold, and when they do these offers, they essentially cut all their revenue so give nothing to the affiliates...

(I've probably used the wrong financial terminology)

[/speculation]

Edited by centraltrains

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like a glitch. I'd email/tweet them. I've emailed them to enquire as I want to spend quite a bit this weekend.....

Just used the PINCHME code in a basket and saved £26 on some DRS 37's so it is working :)

Doesn't work with Paypal 0% credit though :(

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I rang them and they acknowledged there is an issue for some people and I should ring them again tomorrow, I can’t see me getting my £5 back as credit though

The listings are now showing the ‘you can get it for’ box underneath so I should imagine if I tried again it would work

I rang them and they acknowledged there is an issue for some people and I should ring them again tomorrow, I can’t see me getting my £5 back as credit though

The listings are now showing the ‘you can get it for’ box underneath so I should imagine if I tried again it would work

I just had an eBay buyer complain he didn't get the discount maybe a glitch some appear to get it others not...

• RMweb Gold

Just had the following email reply from Ebay:

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for writing to eBay regarding the difficulty faced by you while purchasing items with discount voucher.

Anthony, I am sorry to hear about the difficulty faced by you while purchasing items with the discount voucher. I contacted our technical team and they have confirmed that there was some issue going on at initial hours of the day; due to which the voucher code was not applied. However; the issue is resolved now and you will be able to purchase items with the voucher code........

Additionally, I would like to inform you that the voucher code can be used twice for your purchase. that means, you can use this voucher code for one more time as per the terms and condition of this offer.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just had the following email reply from Ebay:

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for writing to eBay regarding the difficulty faced by you while purchasing items with discount voucher.

Anthony, I am sorry to hear about the difficulty faced by you while purchasing items with the discount voucher. I contacted our technical team and they have confirmed that there was some issue going on at initial hours of the day; due to which the voucher code was not applied. However; the issue is resolved now and you will be able to purchase items with the voucher code........

Additionally, I would like to inform you that the voucher code can be used twice for your purchase. that means, you can use this voucher code for one more time as per the terms and condition of this offer.

It doesn’t really help with the item you have already paid for though! (I’m in the same boat with one of my purchases today, should have had £5 off but got nothing)

Anyway used the code on a 2nd purchase and got a Bachmann EWS 66 for £65, happy with that

Hopefully we can get some bargains posted up again soon!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1