Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Rails advent calendar has a £20 voucher with this purchase - not certain of 'Bargain' status as there is 'only' £20 off, but the description is interesting

Hornby R3681 LMS Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 6241 'City of Edinburgh'

6241 Duchess of Edinburgh was built streamlined at Crewe and entered traffic at Camden on April 13, 1940, paired with tender 9804. The streamlined casing was removed on February 2, 1947 whilst the locomotive was still at Camden, a shed where 6241 spent the majority of its working life. In storage between November 1962 and February 1963, then again between October 1963 and March 1964, 6241 Duchess of Edinburgh was withdrawn in September 1964.

:)

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Gold

Hattons are doing the 12 days of Christmas

Bachmann Branchline 32-789 Class 37/0 37099 "Merl Evans 1947-2016" in Colas Rail Freight livery

Bachmann Branchline 32-392 Class 37/5 37688 "Kingmoor TMD" in Direct Rail Services compass blue

Both are £114 each

https://www.hattons.co.uk/251383/Bachmann_Branchline_32_789_Class_37_0_37099_Merl_Evans_1947_2016_in_Colas_Rail_Freight_livery/StockDetail.aspx?utm_campaign=12+Deals+of+Christmas+2018+-+Day+5+%28MjdZYx%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJhbmRyZXdfbWFjZG9uYWxkMUBob3RtYWlsLmNvLnVrIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiSkdRZVhoIn0%3D&utm_source=All+New+Items+All+Scales

https://www.hattons.co.uk/251385/Bachmann_Branchline_32_392_Class_37_5_37688_Kingmoor_TMD_in_Direct_Rail_Services_compass_blue/StockDetail.aspx?utm_campaign=12+Deals+of+Christmas+2018+-+Day+5+%28MjdZYx%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJhbmRyZXdfbWFjZG9uYWxkMUBob3RtYWlsLmNvLnVrIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiSkdRZVhoIn0%3D&utm_source=All+New+Items+All+Scales

I think there are plenty of 37688 floating about, personally I'll gamble that the price will come down more in the New Year. Most traders had them at Peterborough, with Class 37 Loco Group cheapest - still only £121 on their Ebay store, so no immediate shortage of stock. Not quite the Hattons price but not far off https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-392-Class-37-5-37688-Kingmoor-TMD-in-DRS-Compass-livery-BNIB-C37LG/153280221807 and interest free Paypal credit if you want it!

I think there are plenty of 37688 floating about, personally I'll gamble that the price will come down more in the New Year. Most traders had them at Peterborough, with Class 37 Loco Group cheapest - still only £121 on their Ebay store, so no immediate shortage of stock. Not quite the Hattons price but not far off https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-392-Class-37-5-37688-Kingmoor-TMD-in-DRS-Compass-livery-BNIB-C37LG/153280221807 and interest free Paypal credit if you want it!

Yesterday on e-bay with 10% off 37688 was £109.xx.  Bachmann website shows out of stock.

Regards,

C. 

After the post on 5th December (#1716), concerning Kernows sale of the DJM weathered green Class 71 E5002, i note that we have reduced their stock to the magnificent total of

ONE!

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/55295/OO71-097-DJ-Models-Class-71-Electric-Locomotive-number-E5002

Don't all rush, its unseemley....... 

(Inclusion in Kernows newsletter of last Friday might have helped too...)

Its friend, the red-striped one in a similar weathered condition is sinking rapidly too!

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/55294/OO71-098-DJ-Models-Class-71-Electric-Locomotive-number-E5019

In the interests of clarity, openness and not upsetting the whingers narrow minded complainants easily distracted, who think this should be a stream of links to "bargains", sans comment, praise OR warning.  I would just like to say that I saw this particular bargain last week and sat indecisively until the weekend, by when the numbers had shrunk to single figures before finally placing my order at 11am this Monday when the stock level stood at 6.  By this (Tuesday) morning it had dwindled to 1.

Whats even more remarkable is that my nice lady postie was at the door this lunchtime, bearing a package from Kernow containing my loco!

Well done Kernow!

Edited by Hroth

After the post on 5th December (#1716), concerning Kernows sale of the DJM weathered green Class 71 E5002, i note that we have reduced their stock to the magnificent total of

ONE!

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/55295/OO71-097-DJ-Models-Class-71-Electric-Locomotive-number-E5002

Don't all rush, its unseemley....... 

(Its inclusion in last Fridays newsletter might have helped too...)

Yes, don't all rush, you'll be wasting your time  :onthequiet:

• Like 1

I know this is only my second post to this forum (I had a previous username which I've forgotten) so I really don't wish to come across as arrogant. However, the point of this thread is for people to scroll through to find bargains, and it's constantly proving to be more and more of a battle. There are posts debating whether something is a bargain, whether someone has got one and what they think of it, whether someone's just bought a bargain but doesn't actually have one to post... the list goes on.

I really enjoy viewing this thread, but as a polite request please can we please just keep it to actual bargains. If you wish to comment on any bargain, or even my post, please can you open a new thread with the item title and do it there so that others can contribute. Either that, or if we went with a format similar to hotukdeals, where effectively you have a whole section of the forum dedicated to bargains, and you then click posts to view individual bargains so people can comment on them.

I really enjoy viewing this thread, but as a polite request please can we please just keep it to actual bargains.

I tried before...... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/127962-its-not-a-bargain-thread-post-your-complaints-here/

But I guess you didn't find that?

...I really don't wish to come across as arrogant... ...If you wish to comment on any bargain, or even my post, please can you open a new thread with the item title and do it there so that others can contribute...

Irony, right?

• Like 2

I know this is only my second post to this forum (I had a previous username which I've forgotten) so I really don't wish to come across as arrogant. However, the point of this thread is for people to scroll through to find bargains, and it's constantly proving to be more and more of a battle. There are posts debating whether something is a bargain, whether someone has got one and what they think of it, whether someone's just bought a bargain but doesn't actually have one to post... the list goes on.

I really enjoy viewing this thread, but as a polite request please can we please just keep it to actual bargains. If you wish to comment on any bargain, or even my post, please can you open a new thread with the item title and do it there so that others can contribute. Either that, or if we went with a format similar to hotukdeals, where effectively you have a whole section of the forum dedicated to bargains, and you then click posts to view individual bargains so people can comment on them.

It's a forum. By definition a forum is for discussing things.

Why can't you just ignore the posts that are irrelevant?  :scratchhead: 

Jason

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

The same thing has been asked, politely, several times before. But it comes up regularly and doesn't seem to have a lasting effect on the "errant" posters. 

You'll get bouts of this every so often. Because people can post, they will. A polite reminder every so often is the best we can do, and hope note is taken. I don't think we need to change it.

It usually dies away fairly quickly due to opening a new thread relevant to the particular bargain, or the hysteria abates.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

Ok, I see I'm not welcome. We'll just continue to trawl through pages of chit chat and stay stuck in monotony. Why bother to evolve into something better...

You are welcome.

But opening you account by moaning is not exactly a good way of making friends....

Maybe if you posted one of the vast amounts of bargains out there then people might be more appreciative. Or do you just want everyone else to do all the work?

Anyone noticed those who complain about Bargain Hunters never post any themselves?

Jason

• RMweb Premium

It's a forum. By definition a forum is for discussing things.

Why can't you just ignore the posts that are irrelevant?  :scratchhead:

Jason

If the posts are irrelevant, why are they being posted??

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

Ok, I see I'm not welcome. We'll just continue to trawl through pages of chit chat and stay stuck in monotony. Why bother to evolve into something better...

Its actually quite easy to avoid the chat, most of which can be quite informative.

Most bargains come with a link to the bargain, so just scroll through the page with your mousewheel until a blue link appears, then stop and look. 

That way you pass over all that distressing "non essential" stuff.

You are welcome.

But opening you account by moaning is not exactly a good way of making friends....

Maybe if you posted one of the vast amounts of bargains out there then people might be more appreciative. Or do you just want everyone else to do all the work?

Anyone noticed those who complain about Bargain Hunters never post any themselves?

Jason

To be fair, his first post was one about Bargains on the Rails Ebay site in G scale.

• Like 1

I do find it rather funny that the best way to ensure no-one posts a bargain for a while is to complain about folk discussing things on a forum (shock, horror). Half a page and a dozen or so posts later... just sayin'...

Personally, I have no problem with discussion here. I do feel for those whose lives are so busy they don't have time to scroll through a little online chit-chat. Chill out.

• Like 2

The drill press discussion has been of use to me - I discounted the idea of a mini drill stand as I want to be able to use smaller drills than 1mm, and this has been backed up in the discussion. Therefore, for me, it clarifies that one of those wouldn't be up to the job, and thus isn't a bargain (to me).

To add a potential bargain for someone, Lidl have ultrasonic cleaners from 20/12. I have a larger one which I wouldn't be without, but wanted it to be a suitable size for a 4mm coach...

Doesn't appear to have made it onto their website yet, but is on the app:

post-130-0-40334000-1544538284_thumb.jpg

post-130-0-40334000-1544538284_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Personally I'd rather scroll through a single thread discussing bargains and ignore posts I'm not interested in than try and find multiple threads discussing bargains or non-bargains when I dont know whats been started or if its relevant to what I'm interested in.

• RMweb Gold

The drill press discussion has been of use to me - I discounted the idea of a mini drill stand as I want to be able to use smaller drills than 1mm, and this has been backed up in the discussion. Therefore, for me, it clarifies that one of those wouldn't be up to the job, and thus isn't a bargain (to me).

To add a potential bargain for someone, Lidl have ultrasonic cleaners from 20/12. I have a larger one which I wouldn't be without, but wanted it to be a suitable size for a 4mm coach...

Doesn't appear to have made it onto their website yet, but is on the app:

attachicon.gif20181211_142005.jpg

I definitely don't need one but will have to buy one!

• Like 1