SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Oops, sorry, I've realised that I've just drivelled.

I do beg your collective pardons, I will wipe it up immediately.

Upon mature reflection, I have removed my coarse and unwarranted comment!

(Leaving the more creative to wonder what I might have said)

Oops....

H, C & O

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Gold

Thanks. As I've ordered one from each group, that will help spread the cost.

Another advantage of a phased delivery is we'll get to see how these perform, handy for those of us awaiting the SECR liveried version.

I'm tempted to go for the Maunsell green one too, even more so now I'm able to spread the cost.

Cheers,

Keith

I had ordered both the Southern olive green and Egyptian lettered versions.

But, unfortunately, SWMBO checks the credit card statements.  :beee:

Given that I have several other options on order, I've had to let the Maunsell green go. I'm not happy about it, because it looks beautiful, but hopefully it'll find a loving home.

Edited by truffy

Given that I have several other options on order, I've had to let the Maunsell green go. I'm not happy about it, because it looks beautiful, but hopefully it'll find a loving home.

Or you could just buy it and then you try to find a loving home. :jester:

• Like 1

But, unfortunately, SWMBO checks the credit card statements. :beee:

Or you could just buy it and then you try to find a loving home. :jester:

Or find SWMBO a loving home!

Edited by PrestburyJack

The loco is so small it makes the coupling look like those horrid old giant ones used by Hornby and others....

Oh dear, Bluebell is looking so cute...

There is a way around the coupling size. Pop the factory issue ones out and replace with couplings from Bachmann wagons. To make things even better lose the hook part and just use the bar, or, if you are feeling adventurous  put a fine "U" shaped wire across the buffers at coupling hook height.

HTH

David

• RMweb Gold

Just spotted the proper S.E.C.R. style screw coupling on the grey loco ........ is that standard in the accessory pack for all versions ? 

A question for Hatton’s Dave. Will there be bits in a bag to be added such as vac pipes, air hoses, couplings and the like? I’m wondering specifically about the Bowater “Pioneer”.

Morning,

Each locomotive will come with a full detailing pack which includes:

• 2x Coupling hooks with cosmetic screw links
  • 2x Steam heat pipes
  • 3x SR route indicator discs
  • 3x Oil cans
  • 1x SR style lamp

Vacuum brake pipes will be pre-fitted by the factory with the exception of "Pioneer II" which did not carry them in industrial use.

We've also made a short unboxing video to show what you'll be able to expect when you receive your models.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 3

Somewhat more worryingly, I've just noticed on enlarging the pictures that the hubs of the centre driving wheels on both models appear to have split where the axle has been (force?) fitted... Towards the rear of the wheel centre on the green model, and the front-bottom of the blue one.

Can someone at Hattons confirm or deny that for me please?

Also the crank nuts seem to be sticking out a long way, or are the not done up tight?.

• RMweb Gold

As someone once told me, "It is much easier to secure forgiveness than permission."

• Like 2

Morning,

• 2x Steam heat pipes
  • 3x Oil cans
  • 1x SR style lamp
Vacuum brake pipes will be pre-fitted by the factory with the exception of "Pioneer II" which did not carry them in industrial use.

We've also made a short unboxing video to show what you'll be able to expect when you receive your models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOaIYHt-54E&

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave. Will the vac pipes be available separately for those of us who are ham fisted or wish to convert “Pioneer” back to passenger service? BTW the engine is looking really good, even better ‘cos it’s on the way :-).

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dave. Will the vac pipes be available separately for those of us who are ham fisted or wish to convert “Pioneer” back to passenger service? BTW the engine is looking really good, even better ‘cos it’s on the way :-).

Cheers,

David

We will have a certain amount of spares to be able to replace broken or missing parts but we won't be able to offer these out for people to purchase.

Thank you everyone for the positive responses, I can't wait for you all to get your hands on these models.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 5

Mine is in the second batch in May – that gives more time to ensure the funds are in place. After the Bachmann Birdcages and the Hornby H Class the pot is a bit empty. I could so easily buy four of them in the blink of an eye.

This is really lovely series of models and shows exactly how a production run can acknowledge lots of individual variation.

Edited by Anglian
  • Like 2

Morning,

• 2x Steam heat pipes
  • 3x Oil cans
  • 1x SR style lamp

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

Ye gods, there looks to be enough plastic in that packaging to sink a killer whale or two......

Les

• RMweb Premium

Ye gods, there looks to be enough plastic in that packaging to sink a killer whale or two......

Les

Very good point indeed sir. Perhaps a change to more environmentally friendly packaging materials should be adopted by all manufacturers. There really is no need for plastic when cardboard 'technology' has moved on the way it has.

• Like 1