SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Drivel Factor 10+

With comments like that you'll start a digression on the merits of types of Whisky and the use thereof in imparting a Scottish atmosphere to a layout involving a distillery via a Seuth smoke generator....

Ooops...

........... now that's a thought - with all these e-ciggy thingies on the market nowadays, I wonder if they do a peat smoke flavour to use in that afore-mentioned distillery Seuthe ? ......................................... or - to get dangerously close to back on topic - do they do a coal-smoke flavour for the P ??!?

• Like 2

I've looked through the thread and can't find a similar query, so apologies if this has been asked before.

Is the chassis built on traditional lines for a steam locomotive, ie motor driving one axle, or has it been designed as though it is a diesel/electric locomotive with a geared chassis, but with cosmetic coupling rods?

• Like 2

........... now that's a thought - with all these e-ciggy thingies on the market nowadays, I wonder if they do a peat smoke flavour to use in that afore-mentioned distillery Seuthe ? ......................................... or - to get dangerously close to back on topic - do they do a coal-smoke flavour for the P ??!?

There is a smoke oil designed to smell of coal and hot oil. I’m sure it’s very evocative and a lot better than the smell of violets but only safe for garden layouts, I dare say.

I've looked through the thread and can't find a similar query, so apologies if this has been asked before.

Is the chassis built on traditional lines for a steam locomotive, ie motor driving one axle, or has it been designed as though it is a diesel/electric locomotive with a geared chassis, but with cosmetic coupling rods?

It’s been done properly, i.e. the coupling rods will do their job. Hatton’s Dave seems to have read RMWeb, noted which features people didn’t like and avoided them. All praise to him.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Our P class loco is one of the most eagerly awaited models of 2018.

post-28458-0-82915100-1516621496_thumb.jpg

We can now confirm that the majority of the production run left our factory and are on the way to us.  The production samples can be seen below and show the detail we have included on these locomotives.  For the SECR versions, we will have full samples soon but the images below show the improved lining we have been able to reproduce (the model shown is not to full production standard and is missing some of the smaller details).

There will be 2 batches for delivery and the dates of delivery are as follows:

post-28458-0-89018700-1516621447.png

post-28458-0-60582800-1516621665_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-84454500-1516621670_thumb.jpg

H4-P-002 - SECR P Class 0-6-0T 753 in SE&CR full lined green (with brass)

post-28458-0-22282700-1516619956_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-26081200-1516620059_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-81674400-1516620229_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Dave
  • Like 13

It’s been done properly, i.e. the coupling rods will do their job. Hatton’s Dave seems to have read RMWeb, noted which features people didn’t like and avoided them. All praise to him.

Thanks for that, I shall order one of these and cancel the Hunslet

Regards

We could do with a size comparison with a Hornby Peckett...

Peckett size has no influence on taking a P.

...Our P class loco is one of the most eagerly awaited models of 2018...

I am sure Hattons could afford a length of code 75 bullhead (ideally ballasted and painted) to really show off older/smaller steam models?  

I want to click 'like', 'thanks' , 'informative/useful' and 'Craftsmanship/clever' all at once to the Hattons post. How do I do that please? A dream is finally coming true.

Ask Andy Y for a 'Multiple ######'  'Ecstasy'  'Delighted delirium'  'Opioid Dream'  'Yeeeehaah!!!' 'All the above'  button?

Edited by 34theletterbetweenB&D

Peckett size has no influence on taking a P.

I am sure Hattons could afford a length of code 75 bullhead (ideally ballasted and painted) to really show off older/smaller steam models?  

Ask Andy Y for a 'Multiple ######'  'Ecstasy'  'Delighted delirium'  'Opioid Dream'  'Yeeeehaah!!!' 'All the above'  button?

• HurHurHur...
  • Or a dinky diorama to make them look even more mouthwatering
  • There's so many buttons required (for bad jokes, the weather and so forth) that I imagine Andy Y has given up thinking about them!

• RMweb Gold

Or you could look at it as not distracting from the model.

Plus someone would point out it's not SE&CR correct chairs!