SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Cereal box opener ? ............ have I missed something about free trainsets in packets of cornflakes ?

Yes, back in 1961 Kellogs had a special deal on Kitmaster kits with Corn Flakes. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

New videos added to Hatton's website - unboxing , running , chipping . Looks like a production sample to me.

You are indeed correct! Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this one.

This week we received the first production samples from the factory. These are of H4-P-003 SECR P Class 0-6-0T 754 in SE&CR grey.

We've create a few videos of our own as well as sending some samples out for review which you should start to see in the not too distant future.

Our own videos can be seen as part of the playlist below:

The remaining production samples are due to arrive towards the end of January.

The finished models are now due to be received in one batch around the end of February.

We will be sure to provide more specific dates as soon as we are able to.

I can't wait for you all to get your hands on them as I'm sure you'l love the results just as much as we do.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 15

Very nice indeed. The thing that stuck me was the large slice of Plastic Glazing inside the cab instead of separate glazing for each spectacle though but otherwise looks superb. Well done Hattons.

I think that would have been more obvious if they were seperate and there wouldnt ave been the pressure gaues and pipework on the front face of the cab.

• RMweb Gold

Very nice indeed. The thing that stuck me was the large slice of Plastic Glazing inside the cab instead of separate glazing for each spectacle though but otherwise looks superb. Well done Hattons.

A strategically placed crew will block the view into the cab from most angles.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

FYI Sams Trains has a review on YouTube

Yes nice to see Hattons recognising the value of getting their loco reviewed in new media:YouTube . Sams Trains only has 15000 subscribers after all. A very positive review. Slow speed running looks terrific.

Some other manufacturers could learn from this

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

A well Spoken Gerntlemen Sam is. Strangest layout i've seen in a while though!

Must admit seeing it on carpet although quite tight piles does make me worry a bit about stuff getting into mechanisms.

Good review though with some great high definition close up shots

Edited by Pre Grouping fan
  • Like 2

Guest spet0114

Yes nice to see Hattons recognising the value of getting their loco reviewed in new media:YouTube . Sams Trains only has 15000 subscribers after all. A very positive review. Slow speed running looks terrific.

Some other manufacturers could learn from this

Very interesting and progressive move on Hatton's part. 

Speaking personally, my favourite of the YouTube squad is 'John's Amazing Trains'.  The author has a genuine enthusiams which really comes across.

• RMweb Gold

The thing that stuck me was the large slice of Plastic Glazing inside the cab instead of separate glazing for each spectacle

I think it's a feature on the Andrew Barclay as well, and it's a shame, as it is visually very intrusive in my opinion.

However, hopefully someone will produce a laserglaze substitute in due course.

Otherwise, I can find no reason not to order one of these myself.