• RMweb Premium

'Ere, Guv', you want one of these, don'tja? - http://lightmoor.co.uk/view-book.php?ref=L8184&section=CatNew

"In 1845, the Midland Railway..."

Shocking, I can read no more!

What would Colonel Eric Gore-Brown have though of such an Iceland® ready meal in less than 30 seconds, sir?

Poppycock!

Dear Sir

I can only apologise for my somewhat rash comments and I beg your forgivvyness

R. E. Pentant

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

You can also get copperclad points mail order - you just have to glue them together with one of those hot lead thingys.

B. Hurst-Balloon

Not if you pays someone at Marcway (Rails of Sheffield) to do them for you.............. and they are very good as well and excellent value..

Notty Peefour

• RMweb Premium

There's no fun in this ready to plant stuff... I shall resist until I run out of:

Rail
Copperclad
Turnout strip
Plastic chairs ;)
Solder (221° - 70°)
Diazepam
Tramadol
Gin
Port
Cider
Patience

Hopefully by which point (I know I'm laughing out loud myself) the Pecobulls will be available in medium radius and I can afford to buy some.

Thanks

Olly Bulli

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not if you pays someone at Marcway (Rails of Sheffield) to do them for you.............. and they are very good as well and excellent value..

Notty Peefour

Not that I know how to use it but the timber strip (coperclad) was of undetermined parentage being of varying widths but useful in that sleeps were obtained from some of the strips (maybe by design).

Comrade Weaver should have the title of Rails of Sheffield for he is the master of the rails from Sheffield.

I saw an x-ray of a girl passing gas 

• RMweb Premium

post-1328-0-46300100-1509214373_thumb.jpg

post-1328-0-75658200-1509214392_thumb.jpg

post-1328-0-46936500-1509214408_thumb.jpg

Edit:

I've no excuse not to get me froggers right, as part (I would be flogged if  divulged the entire ritual) of the initiation ceremony into 'The M Gauge' you have to walk across a red hot one of these:

post-1328-0-36627600-1509221386_thumb.jpg

Will try harder next time (or they will get me)!

With love

EM -2

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can recall Len Newman who designed and first produced C&L stuff bringing an assembled crossing V and wing rails as a complete component into Karlgarin Models in Chelmsford, about 30 years ago. I am not sure why they never went into production, if they had the dark art of track building and true scale 00 modelling would have been taken up by many more.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks chaps, going have another go at a CC tomorrow and try and build a straight one!  

Don't think anything will go through the one I've chucked together without hitting the nose.

Anyway...

post-1328-0-78908100-1509216096_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can recall Len Newman who designed and first produced C&L stuff bringing an assembled crossing V and wing rails as a complete component into Karlgarin Models in Chelmsford, about 30 years ago. I am not sure why they never went into production, if they had the dark art of track building and true scale 00 modelling would have been taken up by many more.

Finkin' about it, don't / didn't C&L do them.... at a price?

Finkin' about it, don't / didn't C&L do them.... at a price?

This is whats shown on their new site, albeit on a drop down list from the old catalogue....

post-20303-0-40658000-1509226907_thumb.jpeg

and here's the site

http://www.finescale.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=911_346_370_371_372

To be honest i think you will get greater satisfaction producing your own plus the savings can buy you a few drops bottles of cider !

• RMweb Premium

To be honest i think you will get greater satisfaction producing your own plus the savings can buy you a few drops bottles of cider !

comrade, comrade, comrade

cider

yes :)

• RMweb Premium

This is whats shown on their new site, albeit on a drop down list from the old catalogue....

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_11ab.jpeg

and here's the site

http://www.finescale.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=911_346_370_371_372

Ah!! they do make them but as Timbo says "at a price"............you could buy nearly a whole Pecoboo bully headboy one for the same amount of dosh.

Then you would have time to drink the cider instead of messing about making the 'king thing.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

To be honest i think you will get greater satisfaction producing your own

I don't disagree, but there are advantages in (say) getting one set of switches and a crossing, to produce an initial set of points, to (a) give one a bit of a boost and (b) perhaps to copy the C&L items when you make the next set yourself?

• RMweb Premium

I don't disagree, but there are advantages in (say) getting one set of switches and a crossing, to produce an initial set of points, to (a) give one a bit of a boost and (b) perhaps to copy the C&L items when you make the next set yourself?

Crossings are not too bad but with switches I find a sense of relief rather than satisfaction when I've made them.

• RMweb Premium

What's the time of day over in your part of Oz, St E?

Have you put your clocks back/forwards/sideways, or don't you chaps bother with that kind of namby pamby stuff?

Right now it's 2057 on Sunday 29/10/17. Our clocks change on the 1st Sunday in April and October, although in Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory they don't bother. So here in the East (NSW and Victoria) in our summer/your winter we are 11 hours ahead, in your summer/our winter the difference is 9 hours, while for a few days in March/April and for most of October it's 10 hours.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium

I have one but it's welded to my first ever point kit, wherever that is? 

I remember I was having difficulty with it and Brian Lewis offered for me to come over to C&L in Clapton in Gordano (my babber) to build it.  I didn't but it was very kind of him, a thoroughly good egg(y)!

Maybe I should have but the fear was with me what with having to go to the west of the M5.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, going have another go at a CC tomorrow and try and build a straight one!  

Don't think anything will go through the one I've chucked together without hitting the nose.

Anyway...

attachicon.gifBridgnorth Cliff Railway.jpg

Tim

I find that the crossings either go together first time or you spend ages adjusting

I made a simple jig from some scrap ply and a piece of straight Ali, which holds the Vee (with 2 pieces of shim soldered under it) against the bar so the first wing rail can be soldered in line with the crossing

post-1131-0-74645400-1509280790_thumb.jpg

post-1131-0-61347200-1509280801_thumb.jpg

post-1131-0-05247300-1509280813_thumb.jpg

Hope these photos may assist, a simple jug from bits which were in the scrap box

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks John

Today I'm going to make sure I've got everything square in the EMGS jig and use longer lengths of rail then trim back.

post-1328-0-89119600-1509282218_thumb.jpg

I may well borrow your idea for your jig too.

Cheers