• RMweb Premium

To quote Mr T

"Ain't doin' no rivets suckas"

A decision I may live to regret or maybe knot.

If it goes titties upwards then a rebuild can be achieved with minimal tears (loss of some dear plastic friends and a few timbers but hours fettling CC's has learned me that most things can be recovered).

Ain't gettin' me on no plane...

Just look forward to sniffing the fumes from the Buatanone or whatever it's called these days...........makes track building such a blast man..............

Six Tees

Just look forward to sniffing the fumes from the Buatanone or whatever it's called these days...........makes track building such a blast man..............

Six Tees

Best of luck with that !

H.Y.Man

• RMweb Premium

Ah, so presumably Mr Suckas can deduce from this, that sir will be doing some rivets?

I do apologize for Mr T's (aka B.A. Baracus) badly grammer.

I think what the 'crazy fool' meant to say was that he won't be using any rivets.

A move, I suspect, that he will live to regret but why would he want an easy life.

If it does go bear shaped then mkII will have rivets installed.

PS: Ain't gettin' me on no plane!

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

I think what the 'crazy fool' meant to say was that he won't be using any rivets.

A move, I suspect, that he will live to regret but why would he want an easy life.

Don't forget dear heart that unless your point/ thing/ crossing, whatever it is, is going to suffer continual use stress, then your plassi and solvent attachments should suffice (maybe a tad of Superglug used on a risky section; that is the last two chairs at rail ends and maybe around the common crossing area?).

Had you noticed that some of the chairs are 'handed'? The blocks in chairs on some lines were often bashed in the opposite way from their neighbours to resist track creep (CK will know all about track creeping :sarcastichand:  :secret: ) ....but yous knewd that.

Ar$£

Getting in to the 21st century then, DCC next?

• RMweb Premium

Had you noticed that some of the chairs are 'handed'? The blocks in chairs on some lines were often bashed in the opposite way from their neighbours to resist track creep (CK will know all about track creeping :sarcastichand: :secret: ) ....but yous knewd that.

Ar$£

Yes, the key would be on the opposite side to the direction of travel, so if that was to the right the key would be in the left side of the chair?

This will be the engine release crossover so I'm wondering whether the keys would be to the left of the chair on the platform road and to the right on the run round. Would that make sense?

I'm now suffering rivet insecurity... :O) might throw some at it just in case.

W.H. Yknot

• RMweb Premium

Getting in to the 21st century then, DCC next?

Not yet... I have more than two colours of wire to use up and I need to give the controller GWR Rob sold me a good hammering.

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Yes, the key would be on the opposite side to the direction of travel, so if that was to the right the key would be in the left side of the chair?

This will be the engine release crossover so I'm wondering whether the keys would be to the left of the chair on the platform road and to the right on the run round. Would that make sense?

Don't worry about what side the keys are, just make sure you've got some bally chairs on the points!

It really doesn't matter in a context like that, no one is going to notice and complain if you do (notionally, in a theoretical universe) get it wrong, and if anyone does, you are cordially invited to feel sorry for them!

• RMweb Premium

I'm now suffering rivet insecurity... :O) might throw some at it just in case.

W.H. Yknot

I believe that on bi directional lines they alternated them but not each one. Maybe in sets of 3 or 4? CK would know and probably Mike. I'm probably talking out of my ####

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry about what side the keys are, just make sure you've got some bally chairs on the points!

It really doesn't matter in a context like that, no one is going to notice and complain if you do (notionally, in a theoretical universe) get it wrong, and if anyone does, you are cordially invited to feel sorry for them!

Ah, but Tim would know and he is a Peefour modeller thee naws. He actually has very special chairs just for the weird middle bits of the thing. It will be a masterpiece of track work.

P. Force

• RMweb Premium

Certainly some check rail chairs in there, they're 18.83 but I can crowbar them out of gauge and into gauge again ;)

4SF, thinner but wider!

P.Echo

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but Tim would know and he is a Peefour modeller thee naws. He actually has very special chairs just for the weird middle bits of the thing. It will be a masterpiece of track work.

P. Force

My favourite chair has a bit that swings up to rest my legs on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nola has bought a new chair (arrived in kit form) but I'm not allowed to put my feet on it with my shoes on or sit in it with buttery hands :(

It's also extremely heavy and will result in a relapse of my sciatica unless I can find some silicon tape to stick on the bottom (it's made of 18mm MDF but the very bottom is thin, so won't take slide guides without tears).

It's purple.... um, I mean aubergine and very, very comfy.

U.P. Holstery

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Nola has bought a new chair (arrived in kit form) but I'm not allowed to put my feet on it with my shoes on or sit in it with buttery hands :(

It's also extremely heavy and will result in a relapse of my sciatica unless I can find some silicon tape to stick on the bottom (it's made of 18mm MDF but the very bottom is thin, so won't take slide guides without tears).

It's purple.... um, I mean aubergine and very, very comfy.

U.P. Holstery

It doesn't matter what colour name they give that colour made form red and blue, it is PURPLE. Comfy or not it is PURPLE.

Even Issac Newton with all his brains some how called one colour (PURPLE) by two different PURPLE names. Seriously as he liked the number seven, as many a good mathematician does he subdivided the spectrum in to seven hence violet and indigo. Calling both PURPLE wouldn't have worked (my not serious bit). Apparently some senior scientist are reexamining the spectrum as what are the real colours. Now Richard Of York Gave Battle PURPLELY won't work. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Err, is the new chair too comfortable?

It's been four days without a post. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms

Tim T

Been at the place they call work (and the authorities have demanded their kitchen back).

Normal (?) waffling should resume on Friday, if I survive physio in the morning...

• RMweb Gold

Been at the place they call work (and the authorities have demanded their kitchen back).

Normal (?) waffling should resume on Friday, if I survive physio in the morning...

You mean the place that they call work has demanded that you supply them with a kitchen?

What do you get out of such a deal?

• Like 1