OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

W

Hi everyone,

Today i hope to have some first renderings from the point cloud of the APT-P which was laser scanned with some of you present last Saturday at Crewe.

I have in the meantime attached 3 x panoramic files which you can download via...... http://www.fsoft.it/FSPViewer/download/

Meanwhile if you want to look at them as Jpegs on your system feel free to save the pics below (although you can also view them here too.

cheers

Dave

Wow, based on these photos, 1st Radius curves will be no problem.  APT-Bendy Bus!

Seriously, hope the scans are really useful and develop a fantastic model.  Looks like progress could be relatively fast....

Regards,

C.

Hi DJM Dave

As there will be lighting in each coach on the APT-P, will the Buffet Display Bar have that back lighting, if you look at the interior of the APT-E, it really does look great inside, the interior work of the computer lights on etc., makes it look real stunning and it makes it stand out from all other models.

I really hope the we can make the Buffet Car a main feature of making the model look even better than the APT-E loco on the inside, for instance, the Buffet Car on the real APT-P as a great look to it with the back of the Display Bar with the drinks, coffee maker etc all lights up perfectly behind the shelving, but do you think its possible to pull the realism of the real APT-P as good as, in OO-gauge, making the Buffer Car a real good focal point along with extra LED lighting below the windows on the narrow corridor side of the Buffet coach in a red'ish LED colour, that would make the Buffet coach look real smart when you are looking into the Buffet car itself, and therefore make it as stunning as the APT-E on the inside.

That's just one area, I hope will really look great and I'm sure there are others that have other idea's on what part can be improved to continue that stunning look this Iconic train as...!  I hope the APT-P will be equally stunning if not even better than the APT-E's interior. I'm sure there are other parts that can make this APT-P a real focus point and a real stunning loco once it as been finalised and released.

Leave that one with you DJM Dave, as it my be early days at this point, but certainly needs a lot of thought as to how we can improve the APT-P and more importantly, maintaining the realism that this Iconic train as...!

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi DJM Dave

As there will be lighting in each coach on the APT-P, will the Buffet Display Bar have that back lighting, if you look at the interior of the APT-E, it really does look great inside, the interior work of the computer lights on etc., makes it look real stunning and it makes it stand out from all other models.

I really hope the we can make the Buffet Car a main feature of making the model look even better than the APT-E loco on the inside, for instance, the Buffet Car on the real APT-P as a great look to it with the back of the Display Bar with the drinks, coffee maker etc all lights up perfectly behind the shelving, but do you think its possible to pull the realism of the real APT-P as good as, in OO-gauge, making the Buffer Car a real good focal point along with extra LED lighting below the windows on the narrow corridor side of the Buffet coach in a red'ish LED colour, that would make the Buffet coach look real smart when you are looking into the Buffet car itself, and therefore make it as stunning as the APT-E on the inside.

That's just one area, I hope will really look great and I'm sure there are others that have other idea's on what part can be improved to continue that stunning look this Iconic train as...!  I hope the APT-P will be equally stunning if not even better than the APT-E's interior. I'm sure there are other parts that can make this APT-P a real focus point and a real stunning loco once it as been finalised and released.

Leave that one with you DJM Dave, as it my be early days at this point, but certainly needs a lot of thought as to how we can improve the APT-P and more importantly, maintaining the realism that this Iconic train as...!

Regards

Jamie

I’m still wondering about that manakin guy in a suspiciously virgin red uniform standing in the APT bog.. perhaps he should be modelled too :-)

Hi DJM Dave

Regards

Jamie

Another request from one of your followers, Dave... 

Following up on Jamie's comments, I'm hoping that the APT-P will be reasonably easy to dismantle so that passengers can be fitted to what will hopefully be an interior as good as the APT-E, as Jamie says. 

• Like 1

I’m still wondering about that manakin guy in a suspiciously virgin red uniform standing in the APT bog.. perhaps he should be modelled too :-)

Yes with that Military Grade Toilet Paper (That still beings a smile to me even now, because that's exactly sums up what it was) I do wonder if any out there as any of that Toilet Paper up some loft somewhere or even if it still exist to buy today, like some train enthusiast as a box of it will in its original wrappers.

I'm pretty sure that Brian will have other photos of that Manikin being in several locations on the APT-P, like I remember back in 2010 there was one in the Buffet Display Car waiting to sever me, but the guy was a deaf as the nail he was standing on to keep him upright. It partly seemed like I was walking round Madame Tussauds in London! I thought Richard Branson would be the next person I saw stuffed...! lol

Regards

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Dave has used the n gauge thread by mistake but first renders are in.

Hi everyone, 

posted to the N gauge APT thread by mistake, here are the rough renders of the APT and the laser scan of one of the bogies.

more work to do, but it's progressing.

Cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-77158700-1530030041_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-10214200-1530030053_thumb.png

• Like 9

Hi DJM Dave

Great news and excellent photos of the progress... and I like how close together the coaches are...

Done a splendid job of 3D Scanning me out of the photo... ha-ha, I was standing touching that bogie as they scanned me in... ah man....! lol

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

As some of you may already know, i'm in the process of adding an e-commerce feature to my revamped web site.

This will allow me to part orders/  orders / pre-orders and deposits directly using Lloyds Bank Click Safe, via secure payment tabs on the basket page, rather than the convoluted way it happens at the moment.

This is just awaiting the 'sign off' by Lloyds, before i can go live.

Once this happens, i will refund all paypal payments bar a few, that were used to go towards the laser scanning day, and ask you all to re-order using this new method. You will get a full invoice mailed to your e-mail address, once you input your details, and i would ask that you cross reference your re-order (if you get my meaning) with your original customer order number for me to fill in my spreadsheet on payments correctly and easily.

Rest assured any pre-orders will be honoured at the relevant price, and if you decide you would like more of the models, please contact me directly and i'll sort out a separate invoice for you.

It should all happen quite soon (fingers crossed here).

I'll post on my website and here when its all live and kicking.

cheers

Dave

Hi Colin,

It's slightly complicated, but involved PayPal being suspicious of so much money going into my account, in quite large sums, and basically blocking the account for payments in and out except refunds. My business account was fine taking circa £50 to £150 at shows with the odd higher number thrown in, but it peaked their computers interest once those amounts went a lot higher.

Having taken almost a month to get to speak to a lovely Irish lady who was very helpful, it transpired that no one in the 'chain' on previous mails and phone calls could get to the bottom of the situation.

So their suspicions centred around possible money laundering etc. They will allow me to refund all those crowdfunded APT deposits, but not to actually use the monies in there. I have no idea how they will then restore my paypal business account, but hey ho, that's not something i need to bother about at this minute in time.

If some drop out, and it's quite possible, then i'll cross that bridge, but i would hope that everyone can see what's happening regards progress and stick with it, as things should get quicker in the oncoming weeks.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi mate,

It will affect all payments from now on as i want a more user friendly interface for monies that you can use securely directly.

the 92 deposits are ok, but for the king, and the balance 92 payments and any new loco's and stock, they will be through the new system.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

Hi, so if people have a LLoyds Account, will we be basically be able to go into a LLoyds Branch and make a payment, once the system is live.

Thanks,

C.

i presume so, as it is , in theory, an integrated system.

cheers

Dave

Lloyds Bank ClickSafe is a payment protection/verification system that runs after you've clicked "pay" in an online shop, it's not a means of paying a bill in a Lloyds branch.

Details from the bank here:

https://www.lloydsbank.com/credit-cards/clicksafe.asp

agreed, but you can still walk into any branch of lloyds and pay into an account of a third party.

its just you dont get that security as paying online.

sorry for the confusion.

cheers

Dave

agreed, but you can still walk into any branch of lloyds and pay into an account of a third party.

its just you dont get that security as paying online.

sorry for the confusion.

cheers

Dave

Not sure that you can pay into third party accounts at branches anymore. More money laundering prevention. My father-in-law used to pay £5 a week into my wife's account, which she used to pay his phoine bill. No longer possible.

Not sure that you can pay into third party accounts at branches anymore. More money laundering prevention. My father-in-law used to pay £5 a week into my wife's account, which she used to pay his phoine bill. No longer possible.

Can't see why you can't transfer it from one bank account to another, as they would know where it came from.

Such a regular transaction within the same family, is easy enough to set up to work automatically. At worst it would consist of walking into your main branch and dealing directly with your bank counselor and then signing some paper work.

Hi Colin,

It's slightly complicated, but involved PayPal being suspicious of so much money going into my account, in quite large sums, and basically blocking the account for payments in and out except refunds. My business account was fine taking circa £50 to £150 at shows with the odd higher number thrown in, but it peaked their computers interest once those amounts went a lot higher.

Having taken almost a month to get to speak to a lovely Irish lady who was very helpful, it transpired that no one in the 'chain' on previous mails and phone calls could get to the bottom of the situation.

So their suspicions centred around possible money laundering etc. They will allow me to refund all those crowdfunded APT deposits, but not to actually use the monies in there. I have no idea how they will then restore my paypal business account, but hey ho, that's not something i need to bother about at this minute in time.

If some drop out, and it's quite possible, then i'll cross that bridge, but i would hope that everyone can see what's happening regards progress and stick with it, as things should get quicker in the oncoming weeks.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

IT systems handling payments are required to be audited to ensure they cannot perform illegal operations. Even if your transactions are legal, the same process/platform could have been used to handle illegal ones if they had just let everything pass directly into your bank account smoothly. Hence all these built in safe gaurds - annoying for law abiders like us - but important none the less. Paypal would be in deep trouble if their system easily allowed frauds to happen.

Can't see why you can't transfer it from one bank account to another, as they would know where it came from.

He does not have a bank account. If he had one he could pay his own phone bill. We have given up with Santander and Halifax trying to set up a way for him to pay cash into one of her accounts. Not the place here for that part of the discussion. The facility to pay cash into a 3rd party account is not readily available.

Edited by mikeharvey22