OO gauge Crowdfunded APT-P (Warley announcement)

DJM Dave

Sorry for going over old ground but I’ve been enjoying the sun for the last few weeks. What are we meant to do with the first instalment of money which we paid, read a few mails sounds a bit complicated.

Nor complicated at all...... just a few things.

Receive the PayPal refund, and you should get the link to re-order through a page on my new web site. fill in what you want, add your order number from DToS for ease of cross referencing your original order and pay.

you will get an automated receipt

Then sit back and wait for updates, and cad/cams to comment on. Hopefully there wont be any. Then we move to second payments for tooling, and so forth until the model is in production.

Cheers

Dave

Your original order number was generated and sent to you with your acknowledgement of your order when you placed it.

Fingers crossed you've kept that paper work as although i can reference it, it will save me a lot of time if everyone who ordered can submit it with their re-order.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Still showing as overdue a few minutes ago. I am aware that there may be a slight delay between submitting the accounts and their appearance on the CH website, but it would be nice to know that they have been submitted.

Normally I would not get involved in how a manufacturer handles his affairs but having paid out already on the crowdfunding and with triple that amount still to come, I would welcome reassurance that the money is not going to evaporate through falling foul of Companies House.

Dave. Please.

Regards Colin

Edited by Colin_McLeod

Hi everyone,

just to let you know i will start refunding the APT 'pre orders' from tomorrow. This may take a few days, so please be patient.

i will endevour to include a link to the new web site 'e-commerce' page which will allow those who have ordered to re-order / change or increase their orders as they see fit.

This e-commerce page will also need a valid order number from your original when you placed with DToS

This e-commerce page link will not be made public, only to pre-order customers, so please dont give it out to third parties as their name and product number will not co-incide with our data base and as such will be voided.

For those that ordered at the higher, non crowdfunded price, you can re-order your choice from the standard APT page, following the link to a pre-order, but no payment page. Once the model you have ordered comes into stock, you will be automatically invoiced for the choice / choices of model at the published higher price, and you can then pay this invoice through the e-commerce site by following the link in the invoice that is sent when the models come available.

Some will not get a refund, due to monies now being spent on the project, scanning, party, hire of Crewe etc, but you will get a revised invoice saying you have paid your initial payment and your order is sound.

If i cannot for some reason, get the web site up until Thursday/Friday, but start refunding tomorrow, please be patient with trying to re-order, and i will post here to update you.

Thank you all for your patience.

cheers

Dave

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Surely all of your creditors need to share the expenditure equally how can you make certain people burden the risk by not getting a refund for expenditure, when refunds should be on a pro-rata basis? If the project for some reason fails some people are going to be more out of pocket than others? Or at least that's what you appear to imply with the "some will not get a refund" statement?

Edited by pheaton

Surely all of your creditors need to share the expenditure equally how can you make certain people burden the risk by not getting a refund for expenditure, when refunds should be on a pro-rata basis? If the project for some reason fails some people are going to be more out of pocket than others? Or at least that's what you appear to imply with the "some will not get a refund" statement?

I think what Dave is saying is that he has already received some of the money through PayPal and this has been used on the project, scanning, party, hire of Crewe etc....... the rest I believe has been held by PayPal under suspicious activity and they won't let Dave gain access to it only to refund customers hence the whole refund and re-order 'e-commerce' thing in the first place.

In my mind this doesn't leave anybody out of pocket over anybody else if the project fails as we have (or should have) paid the first quarter only by now....... this is of course unless you are thinking of bailing out of the crowd funding at this point and willing to paid the higher price if available at the end.

Also there is the fact of why refund somebody whose money Dave has access to only for them to pay again (Waste of everybody's time involved).

I wish people would just let Dave get on with the refunding, re-order as requested and let him proceed with the project without all the negativity

I think is simpler than that. Some peoples funds did make it to Dave and he could use them for various scanning party items meaning they have paid and payment was well recieved. But most remained blocked at Paypal. The latter are the only ones he can and needs to refund.

I think is simpler than that. Some peoples funds did make it to Dave and he could use them for various scanning party items meaning they have paid and payment was well recieved. But most remained blocked at Paypal. The latter are the only ones he can and needs to refund.

I can see peoples frustration, in some ways - but ultimately all the money went into the pot.    Some is coming out to go back in again and some has been used.  In hindsight, but I'm sure Dave has his reasons - it may have been more simple if he could have just had the money from Paypal, put into his account, then have started his new e-commerce site, set all the crowdfunders up an account, shown the models ordered, deposits paid, and took it from there. But I expect, like everything in this world - its probably more complicated than that!

But if it makes DJModels systems better in the long term, then hopefully it will be worth the hassle. Ultimately, all those who have put money in the project want an APT, right?  Well lets let Dave get on with sorting his business affairs out, and hopefully the model will progress swiftly, there after.  

Regards,

C.

Hi everyone,

PayPal refunds started today, and will go on through the afternoon into tonight, and tomorrow.

There is a limited explanation in the refund, but it doesn't cover everything due to space and character limitations by PayPal.

I will be writing to everyone with an in depth explanation as to whats gone on, and where the project is at at the moment, plus payment details with a link to the 'paid' page of the new web site to allow re-orders/ changes to orders / additional models.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I do find this whole saga comedy gold and a daily read to see the twists and turns. Just like the APT as it negotiates the WCML but will it end in Glasgow Central or Booths Rotherham?

I agree that it is a bit of a soap opera. But comedy no. There is one man firm's future that is possibly in the balance and a lot of people who have invested relatively large sums of money. So I dont think calling it 'comedy gold' is appropriate. Quite the reverse.

• RMweb Gold

I do find this whole saga comedy gold and a daily read to see the twists and turns. Just like the APT as it negotiates the WCML but will it end in Glasgow Central or Booths Rotherham?

Seems like he's only been a member under this name since yesterday......has he been following the thread under a different name and does not want to identify himself?

Got my refund email from PayPal last night, just waiting for the refund to turn up on my credit card,

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Seems like he's only been a member under this name since yesterday......has he been following the thread under a different name and does not want to identify himself?

Keith

He doesn’t need a name to follow the thread, it’s visible to anyone regardless of whether they’re a member or not. Good to see the refunds are starting.

• RMweb Premium

The trouble is , of course, the pleasure of railway modelling is quite often directly linked to those that manufacture models. Its where model make believe world meets real world. That is unless you are making everything yourself, which is a possibility, but then why would you be reading this thread.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think this is a wonderful opportunity to invite all the experts on running a business to cordially perform some biologically difficult if not actually impossible acts, and leave the pleasure of railway modelling to those of us who appreciate the trials and tribulations of producing models, whether commercially or not, and in particular respect those who do actually endeavour to make good models Money from Manufacturing.

Split infinitive deliberately left in for effect....

There you go. Should save confusion as to why people produce things. 

• Like 1

Just out of interest have you ordered a model?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just out of interest have you ordered a model?

Probably not!

Does it matter if anyone actually has or hasn't ? Are you denied an opinion if you choose not to order one. Maybe he has a lack of trust in the scheme.

Lets face it, the irony is that even if you've ordered one, it's being refunded anyway to order again. . .or maybe it isn't being refunded, who knows.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have received my notification dated 25th July from Paypal of the refund but have not yet got the money. How long does this sort of transaction normally take? Should I be chasing PayPal yet or does it normally take longer?

I have received my notification dated 25th July from Paypal of the refund but have not yet got the money. How long does this sort of transaction normally take? Should I be chasing PayPal yet or does it normally take longer?

Colin

are you checking your bank or your papal account