RMweb

Hornby announcement 8th May

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

My personal highlights that confirm that Hornby has lost the plot (again).

- £290 for an HST - £290!

- £143 for a Peckett and and three wagons.

- £80 for three Railroad coaches.

- The re-release of ten plastic accessories from tooling as old as Methuselah being pitched as exciting news.

£290 is just the power cars, the seven coaches to make them up to a train will be about the same on top

I wonder how the blue Duchess will turn out. Not the same insipid blue as the King, I hope. With a bit of luck, the new recruit will have been sent to buy a Bachmann something in BR express blue for the high-ups to study.

The Turbomotive was at the back of my mind with the associated Princesses. Perhaps if Hornby sells enough stuff at the new prices, we might see them some day.

The longer time goes on, the more i think that at least Turbomotive will be a retailer commission. The Princess should headline Hornby's 2019 program, though i think it probably won't.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how the blue Duchess will turn out. Not the same insipid blue as the King, I hope.

I didn’t see anything wrong with the blue Kings. The green ones yes, but not the blue ones.

Well that was railway modelling equivalent of a Master Chef contestant lifting the silver dome to reveal............ a plate of beans on toast.

Cold toast, lukewarm beans.

Probably Aldi beans to boot...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You've not been watching enough makeover shows Ian. It's always 'big' too when they use it. It's only the participants that go 'wow!' when it's used so it's probably appropriate. ;)

Maybe he's lucky and they don't have makeover shows on French tv - saves turning off the telly if one comes on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So 6 new Pecketts are on their way in total..

Decisions decisions..

I have 3, I’ve got 4 on order 2x Black and the other two green), I don’t need all 9 options (total) now announced

Similarly now I have 3 Barclays, I don’t need 10, but I might buy another 2...

Barclays are more prevalent than Pecketts.

I’d like to in some waystandardise the colour for an industrial setting.

Hmmm.

• Like 1

Hornby seems to think it’s an 0-6-0T. I would go for one of these if there were decent bearings in it. I was horrified when I found out that Hornby was using square axleboxes again.

Its just the office junior that set up the infopanel that can't identify wheels. 

Probably the same one who decided that the Austerity "Lord Phil" was DCC ready....

Sadly, announcements like this are rather like the seemingly positive twitchings of a very old beast, just before it finally expires.  I really, really hope this is not the case.

P

Maybe it will be just as well, if they do expire.

They appear to be just scrabbling for a straw to clutch onto to save themselves from drowning.