As a follower of the US scene it's a livery thats been around for years, my only critism is the roundel isn't that clear. But that really applies to US locos and which particular GW railroad it belongs to, I will say that it's rare to to see a scruffy(prove me wrong) GW loco.

G&W orange is pretty lairy, particularly if you're of the view that BR Green/ Blue was a high point in railway paint schemes, but I do rather like it myself. As has been noted, a shabby looking G&W loco is a rare thing indeed, at least from the photos I've seen.

Though it's a bit of a shame that it's the same colours as another FOC, seems strange that the introduction of a new, mostly orange colour scheme would actually make the railways less colorful!

Though it's a bit of a shame that it's the same colours as another FOC, seems strange that the introduction of a new, mostly orange colour scheme would actually make the railways less colorful!

Agree with that, but I still think Load Haul pulled it off best :)

• RMweb Premium

As a Colas employee and the original purveyors of the striking orange black and yellow livery I think we’ll be ok.

The cost of freightliner re liverying their many hundreds of locos is not only significant but a cost the current freight environment can’t afrord. You might see a loco in all over orange with a yellow swoosh but I doubt you’ll see more then that. More likely green locos with the new logo.

Pictures are beginning to emerge of 66413 in all over orange with black bands with a lower yellow band as well (The stripes are thinner/lower than the Euro66 already pictured)

I'm also wondering where the orange cantrail stripe will go!

Cheers.

Mick

Edited by newbryford

G&W orange is pretty lairy, particularly if you're of the view that BR Green/ Blue was a high point in railway paint schemes,

Strange you should say that. I was on a train that passed Class 66 Evening Star the other day, and thought that looks smart.

Pictures are beginning to emerge of 66413 in all over orange with black bands with a lower yellow band as well (The stripes are thinner/lower than the Euro66 already pictured)

I'm also wondering where the orange cantrail stripe will go!

Cheers.

Mick

Sounds interesting,

RE the cantrail stripe, think the standard says another colour can be used over orange (seem to remember it being white or black).

May have changed since though.

Wild Boar Fell

Strange you should say that. I was on a train that passed Class 66 Evening Star the other day, and thought that looks smart.

Not disagreeing particularly, more restrained colour schemes can look good. Though for my money BR's best colour scheme was electric blue on the ALs.

• RMweb Premium

Sounds interesting,

RE the cantrail stripe, think the standard says another colour can be used over orange (seem to remember it being white or black).

May have changed since though.

Wild Boar Fell

Just checked the RSSB standards.

It is white or black - whichever provides the greater contrast

• RMweb Gold

Re the cantrail stripe, you can see on my pic it’s already applied and masked off on the body side, it didn’t appear to have been added to the front yet so couldnt see what colour it was

This is a heavily cropped pic as i don’t want to get in trouble posting a pic of the almost complete loco

6FB9F4FB-5FA0-4514-BB4C-78E29421E413.jpg