RMweb

MRJ 264

drduncan

The link in Bob Jones' Fence Houses article to the film of Nick Mitchell's part-complete 2mm finescale 9F loco with reversible valve gear is worth a watch too...

Andy

If that's not "state of the art", I don't know what is.

It's fantastic!

• Like 1

The link in Bob Jones' Fence Houses article to the film of Nick Mitchell's part-complete 2mm finescale 9F loco with reversible valve gear is worth a watch too...

Andy

Fascinating and impressive. But the sound is the worst I've ever heard from a sound fitted loco.

G

Andy

Stunning! Thank you so much for sharing.

Not something you see much in 4mm scale, let alone 2FS. Obviously DCC makes this a bit "easier".

263 was still in Wimbledon Smiths when I came through tonight.

Much as I enjoyed the London Road article, I'm not buying a second copy while I wait for 264 to appear.

264 was in my village (Notts) newsagent this morning (Friday)!

Chris KT

Available in Easons, O'Connell Street Dublin yesterday (at €6.80!).

Article on making boxes,crates, barrels etc looks interesting. I wonder if the methodology will scale down from 7mm to 4mm.

Cheers,

Glover

Available in Easons, O'Connell Street Dublin yesterday (at €6.80!).

Article on making boxes,crates, barrels etc looks interesting. I wonder if the methodology will scale down from 7mm to 4mm.

Cheers,

Glover

Yes, I believe so.

• Like 2

Andy

2mm !!!!!!!!!! Bloody ell' 

That's outrageous, fantastic bit of engineering!

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

One item in the Exhibition Diary had already taken place when I got my copy but all other events still to come. Pity I can't get to any of them.

Interesting bit in the Boxes etc article about putting lettering on. Shall be trying but of course it does not allow white lettering.

Jonathan

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately, the lifting link arrangements on a P2 absolutely preclude making it work as they are tucked inside the motion support bracket, rather than being forward, as in the 9F, or behind as in the LNER Pacifics. There is simply no room for the link to be made to work.

Tim

Edited by CF MRC

Unfortunately, the lifting link arrangements on a P2 absolutely preclude making it work as they are tucked inside the motion support bracket, rather than being forward, as in the 9F, or behind as in the LNER Pacifics. There is simply no room for the link to be made to work.

It's pretty ingenious as it is, even if the triangular motion bracket frame / expansion link support is slightly oversize. There's a lot to admire about it.

Probably it could be done in 4mm scale and obviously in 7mm the world's your oyster by comparison.

• RMweb Premium

Not something you see much in 4mm scale, let alone 2FS. Obviously DCC makes this a bit "easier".

I'm not sure that "easier" is the description I would use! 

I know what you mean though.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting bit in the Boxes etc article about putting lettering on. Shall be trying but of course it does not allow white lettering.

Photos showing crates and boxes in this style from the pre-Great War period generally show dark lettering, presumed black. Here's a couple of examples at Huntley & Palmers biscuit factory in Reading and Birmingham Central Goods Depot.

• RMweb Gold

A quick flick through and this looks very good.

Jerrys editorial made me think. Now I am very new to exhibiting but I seem to spend more time chatting and explaining than anything else.......even eating cake. I do worry as I normally exhibit on my own so if I am chatting little or nothing runs.....I struggle to multi task at the best of times..

Dorothy looks very nice indeed, even better in the flesh and runs as well as it looks. The photos are smashing ( apologies once again for wobbling the table Jerry......!!) and it is an absolute triumph. The rear view on page 175 is spiffing, the join on the cab rear is spot on.....and the rust on the buffers....and..and.....

Rob

• RMweb Premium

I'll admit to being slightly disappointed that Planet didn't turn out to be a LMR 2-2-0! But an absorbing read nevertheless, even when an article is far from my interests, it's usually written and illustrated in such a way as to pique my interest.

• Like 1