Scarborough District Railway Modellers Pickering Show.

I have to say a special thank you to the members of the club for making the Shirebrook Operating Team very welcome and for running a really friendly model show in the beautiful town of Pickering. We hope the show was a success for the club.

Cheers

Duncan  JRM 

and the team

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Duncan. said:

SDRM Pickering Show

Here are some photos I managed to get during a busy show. My endeavours  were further hampered  by the dreaded blue acrid smoke emitting  from one of the control panels just minutes before opening on Saturday  morning. We found the fault and replaced the defective part and returned  to full operation by 10.45!

20220821_120530~2.jpg

20220821_120354~2.jpg

20220821_120323~2.jpg

20220821_120249~2.jpg

20220821_111020.jpg

20220821_111010.jpg

N gauge at it's best !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

On 21/08/2022 at 21:50, Andy_C said:

It was a real pleasure to be part of the team running Shirebrook this weekend at the Pickering exhibition. Photos to follow, but my sincere thanks to the whole team for making me feel very welcome.

I very much look forward to helping exhibit the layout at Wigan.

Have also been invited to help exhibit Shirebrook at Wigan

See you there 

es grüßt

pc 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Duncan. said:

SDRM Pickering Show

Here are some photos I managed to get during a busy show. My endeavours  were further hampered  by the dreaded blue acrid smoke emitting  from one of the control panels just minutes before opening on Saturday  morning. We found the fault and replaced the defective part and returned  to full operation by 10.45!

20220821_120530~2.jpg

20220821_120354~2.jpg

20220821_120323~2.jpg

20220821_120249~2.jpg

20220821_111020.jpg

20220821_111010.jpg

Hi Duncan, All,

I love the waistcoats - everyone looks nice and smart and it presents a “professional” appearance.

Very well done guys,

John

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone  for your kind comments here is a photo of the team, well most of them outside the venue after the show. I should point out that all the bear legs are not visible to the public when we are behind d the layout... and it was very WARM!!

20220821_163237.jpg.faa967edad2b0b590f837c7434c8f1ca.jpg

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

From all at SDRM, I’d just like to thank not only yourself Duncan but also the rest of the Shirebrook team. 

we hope you all enjoyed your weekend in Pickering and your assistance throughout the weekend was much appreciated.

030C9F30-DD2E-4172-86D4-584929F8A75B.jpeg.cf1c1f3ced51d17651d1f79f7fced6f7.jpeg

Regards

Jamie 

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jamie.dunn said:

From all at SDRM, I’d just like to thank not only yourself Duncan but also the rest of the Shirebrook team. 

we hope you all enjoyed your weekend in Pickering and your assistance throughout the weekend was much appreciated.

Regards

Jamie 

It’s I, with the bald, monk like patch, just go the left of the Shirebrook sign, doing as decreed by the JRM

• Funny 1

On 27/08/2022 at 07:50, jamie.dunn said:

Regards

Jamie 

Thanks Jamie,

We all enjoyed the weekend at Pickering. There were many appreciative comments  from the visitors. We had to react quickly  when a cdu burnt out just 10 minutes before opening...but I don't think anyone noticed. We purchased a replacement unit from a trader and were  soon back to full operation. 

I like the photoof thelayout taken from a light aircraft  by the look of it!

Cheers 

Duncan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,we have just arrived home from Wigan Show, where Shirebrook  was on display next to Dallam. A special thank you must be recorded  to Simon fron Dallam who very kindly lent me a transformer after one of ours burnt out during set up which jeopardised  the appearance  of Shirebrook at the show. Also I have to thank the operating team, Jonathan, Robert, Harry, Norman and Andy for doing a wonderful  job under less than perfect circumstances. 

It was great to meet some of the correspondents that contribute to this thread.

Cheers Duncan 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to chat today.  I’m glad I’ve seen it for real: it’s as good as it looks on here if not better.

Was impressed to see a full MGR rake propelled back onto the branch.

Paul. 

Edited by 5BarVT
  • Agree 1

It was an honour to be part of the Shirebrook Team, to be allowed to operate such a fantastic layout, and to meet up with the people behind the team pic ftom Pickering.

I had a great time over the two days getting to know you all, and being able re-kindle the friendship with Janet and Duncan after x-zillion years apart

Tired but happy

es grüßt ganz herzlich 

pc

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Duncan and the Shirebrook team,

It was great to finally see Shirebrook in the flesh at Wigan last weekend and glad my transformer helped. It is a stunning layout and hopefully next time I see it I will have more time to watch (Dallam keeping me busy!).

Cheers

Simon

• Thanks 1

I've just watched a video on YouTube of the Wigan show. Shirebrook looked excellent with a nice variety of rolling stock. I appreciated the haa sitting in the sidings after being over loaded. Attention to detail like that, is what sets Shirebrook apart in my eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/10/2022 at 21:28, 87023Velocity said:

Hi Duncan and the Shirebrook team,

It was great to finally see Shirebrook in the flesh at Wigan last weekend and glad my transformer helped. It is a stunning layout and hopefully next time I see it I will have more time to watch (Dallam keeping me busy!).

Cheers

Simon

Thanks for all your help Simon. I have obtained replacement high output cdus and a higher rated 100va transformer.  I have not yet  found a fault as such so the transformer  melt down remains a mystery. 

We had a great weekend on Shirebrook and the public were unaware of the power failure and limited operation we offered.

My thanks go to the Shirebrook  operating team who worked their socks off to provide a near to normal service as possible.

Cheers Duncan 

• Agree 1

On 07/10/2022 at 23:42, Lowlander said:

I've just watched a video on YouTube of the Wigan show. Shirebrook looked excellent with a nice variety of rolling stock. I appreciated the haa sitting in the sidings after being over loaded. Attention to detail like that, is what sets Shirebrook apart in my eyes. 

Hi Lowlander,

Thanks for your kind observations. I feel I should point out the HAA cripple is there not for being overloaded but failing to unload cemetery, one set of the discharge  doors failed to open! 

I'm not sure if some very old 7 planks, painted in 'Shirebrook " livery also appeared in the same video. These are Mathieson unpainted wagons and at 1st glance completely out of the timeperiod modelled. I have a back story for these wagons...

Once upon a time....

The story goes along the lines that Shirebrook  Colliery  supplies coal to the Midland  Railway Centre at Butterley. These wagons have been fitted with vacuum brakes and run to Butterley only.

Cheers  Duncan 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Duncan. said:

The story goes along the lines that Shirebrook  Colliery  supplies coal to the Midland  Railway Centre at Butterley. These wagons have been fitted with vacuum brakes and run to Butterley only.

I like that as a story,

Paul.

Hi,

You will probably realise reading posts above that we had operating issues at Wigan.

I have been replacing various electrical  parts on the model, a transformer  and cdu's.

20221009_193758.jpg.1502813046feff031938aeb97b306c23.jpg

The new transformer,  large square one has been installed in the power box.

And here are a couple of shots from the layout while at Wigan

20221002_102525.jpg.c74adceec3ec503ecedae6eff770c2b1.jpg

20221002_102452.jpg.0ee274e3a9b529857e678d63ec366e4e.jpg

I had little time for photos after the burn out, it was a very stressful weekend for me.

Cheers

Duncan 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

20 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Hi,

You will probably realise reading posts above that we had operating issues at Wigan.

I have been replacing various electrical  parts on the model, a transformer  and cdu's.

20221009_193758.jpg.1502813046feff031938aeb97b306c23.jpg

The new transformer,  large square one has been installed in the power box.

And here are a couple of shots from the layout while at Wigan

20221002_102525.jpg.c74adceec3ec503ecedae6eff770c2b1.jpg

20221002_102452.jpg.0ee274e3a9b529857e678d63ec366e4e.jpg

I had little time for photos after the burn out, it was a very stressful weekend for me.

Cheers

Duncan 

Did anyone mention to you over the weekend, that those HEAs looked phenomenal? 😀 

And you did amazing work Friday and Saturday to get the end-board running in both directions, even if not 100%, you made sure trains ran....

...when outside on Saturday none did

es grüßt wie immer ganz herzlich 

pc 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1