Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale on tour

Was going to make the trip to Chester later in the month. Looking at booking the day off work and going on Friday instead. Be good to catch up with Accurascale team and see Making Tracks III. Couldn’t get near Making Tracks II at Milton Keynes last year. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, big jim said:

If that you who’s just donated i’m speechless! 

if not I’m speechless anyway, just had to up my target!

(sorry for the thread divert)

Gave up on pay pal and its worked,enjoy making tracks and plenty pictures,if you can walk after the ride.

• Thanks 1

The fact the new announcement is an Accurascale exclusive doesn't necessarily mean it'll just be a version of an existing model. It could be an all new niche model like their Acc-Exclusive mk5s.

I still think a class 185 would fit nicely in their range, or perhaps a track tamper.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, missed out on this Accurascale "takeover" as I went to Chester yesterday. Oddly, my first ever visit to the city given that my grandmother lived on the Wirral.

It really is an impressive model and I hope it gets out to other exhibitions. Operation was a bit iffy as they were allowing visitors (mainly children) to drive trains. Can the Accurascale team do any worse.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Can the Accurascale team do any worse.

Given a bit practice they will give it their best shot im sure, watching on http://railcam.uk/mt3/ so its not just us mere mortals that get issues,looks fun and children grow up and some become train nerds,its what is needed to keep the hobby alive.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BournehamRob said:

Sitting here at work whistling away to myself wondering what it could be 😄

Trouble is there’s so many different prototypes to choose from when it comes to releasing a model, so you have to give the guys a chance, along with plenty of subliminal and not so subliminal messages.

Anyhow, time for tea!

Took a trip up to Chester yesterday. Great to catch up with Fran and the team. Finally met Richard at last too. Found that the crowd thinned out later in the day so was able to get a good look at Making Tracks 3 along with the Accurascale goodies running on it. Although not my era, the Caledonian sleeper rake with the 92 is very impressive!! 
looking forward to seeing all of the Making Tracks projects joined to form 1 layout in October. From what Pete Waterman was saying, there is a lot of work to do!

Cheers.

Bill. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Will second that. I went on the Friday and it was a pleasure to chat with the team as always. The full rake with the 92 was really something and put into perspective the sheer size of this train. The 37/6's (and the 97/3) along with the 89's. The loco's really benefitted from the loud sound in the Cathedral.

If you haven't been yet, do make it down as it's unforgettable, no doubt even without the bonus Accurascale crew. The Railnuts guys are really happy to chat too.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Marcus-Jay said:

Assuming it is a full 14 coach rake did anyone notice how it is coupled together? Are the magnetics holding their own now?

When I asked about the sleeper rake on Monday and the magnetic couplings I was told they'd glue them together for reliability, not sure if this means just the magnet or also the pockets.

The rake was very impressive, I spent most of my time there on Monday following the 37s  around and listening to the sound, while I wait for my 37001 to arrive😊

Although using AS Manor as a Thunderbird on a set of B/G Coffins due to a failed 87 was a bit odd!!!!🤣  

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I’m unsure about the availability of RMWeb in China

I found in April as long as I was roaming on my SIM, I could get anything I wanted. It was when on a WiFi network etc. that stuff was blocked.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1