Accurascale on tour

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I do wonder if the class identification will start with a 'J' - very fashionable at the moment!

Like a little blue tank engine ?

or

Jeez not yet more LNER stuff ?

Could always be something left of centre like a 31/0 … very appropriate for Ally Pally.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

'Thomas' starts with a 'T', not a 'J' 

Thats only if your in the South.

Just like a Spanish J is a H… as in Hold-en’ theres a blue tank engine coming.

😃

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 14/03/2023 at 11:15, adb968008 said:

Like a little blue tank engine ?

or

Jeez not yet more LNER stuff ?

Could always be something left of centre like a 31/0 … very appropriate for Ally Pally.

On 14/03/2023 at 11:21, adb968008 said:

Thats only if your in the South.

Just like a Spanish J is a H… as in Hold-en’ theres a blue tank engine coming.

😃

Gosh two hits in 1 post, a 31/0 and a J69.

My radars well oiled.

The 31/0 was obvious, its just a matter of time.

The J69 has had plenty of rumours for sometime, but I wasnt really associating it as one for  A/S, so nice surprise. I was guessing more of a Dapol or Rapido for that one.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came by our stand at the London Festival of Railway Modelling at Alexandra Palace today, it was great to meet so many new faces and catch up with old friends too! 

D4039315-1140-4912-8FB3-99F0ED698B97.jpeg.396dffacc609978cde83437ed14d8bce.jpeg

If you’re in the area tomorrow please drop by our stand for a chat, pick up your free catalogue and buck jumper postcard too! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

@The Stationmaster @Midland Redwell with their J67/68/69 project the Accurascale team might think they met our 68xx S Wales EE3 heckling! 

Well - with locos in the 68xxx number series it’s the right numbers …. But not necessarily in the right order! 😀

Edited by Phil Bullock
Additional info
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

@The Stationmaster @Midland Redwell with their J67/68/69 project the Accurascale team might think they met our 68xx S Wales EE3 heckling! 

Well - with locos in the 68xxx number series it’s the right numbers …. But not necessarily in the right order! 😀

However judging by a photo in this thread they might in a future release manage to get an engine which features in its description and livery 4 digits from my car registration.  And if it returned to LNER ownership that return would equate to the presence of another digit in the car's registration as it would no longer be marked WD.👀

But in the meanwhile yes - a good point about that RSH D68XX so I think I'll give the designer a nudge in that direction .

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our next show is something a little bit different.....

We're delighted to be sponsoring the wonderful "Making Tracks 3" currently underway at Chester Cathedral which runs all through August until early September to help raise funds for this worthy cause.

As part of the exhibition which showcases a superb rendition of Milton Keynes station, you will see some current and future Accurascale stock in operation on the layout over the coming weeks. On top of that, we are staging a "take-over" this coming Friday and Saturday (August 4th and 5th) where an operating team of Patrick, Steve, Richard, Alex and I will be doing our best not to cause too much mayhem. 

mt3takeover.jpg.33141f86983cfa38ca56aedc71f7bd1c.jpg

With us we will have pre-production models of our Class 50 and decorated samples  of our Classes 31, 66, and 89 to showcase for the weekend. We will also have a very important Accurascale Exclusives announcement on Friday that you will not want to miss.

Of course, in between operating we will be on hand to chat about all things Accurascale. We can't wait to work with the Railnuts team and look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

30 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ahh the nineth 66...........

If the weather is Good on Friday I might cycle over from crewe, get some miles in for my prostate cancer cycling challenge, be nice if the 9th 66 is the prostate cancer livery one 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, big jim said:

If the weather is Good on Friday I might cycle over from crewe, get some miles in for my prostate cancer cycling challenge, be nice if the 9th 66 is the prostate cancer livery one 

We would all be up for that one as it would help fund keeping unwanted issues with Nutbush city limits,heres hoping it is and theres a slice goes their way.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

We would all be up for that one as it would help fund keeping unwanted issues with Nutbush city limits,heres hoping it is and theres a slice goes their way.

well if you fancy sending a slice of money prostate cancer uk’s way you can sponsor my bike ride

shameless plug……

https://cyclethemonth.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/jim-scotts-100-mile-cycling-challenge

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Once Pay Pal works i will,just keeps coming up try later.....

If that you who’s just donated i’m speechless! 

if not I’m speechless anyway, just had to up my target!

(sorry for the thread divert)

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Our next show is something a little bit different.....

We're delighted to be sponsoring the wonderful "Making Tracks 3" currently underway at Chester Cathedral which runs all through August until early September to help raise funds for this worthy cause.

As part of the exhibition which showcases a superb rendition of Milton Keynes station, you will see some current and future Accurascale stock in operation on the layout over the coming weeks. On top of that, we are staging a "take-over" this coming Friday and Saturday (August 4th and 5th) where an operating team of Patrick, Steve, Richard, Alex and I will be doing our best not to cause too much mayhem. 

mt3takeover.jpg.33141f86983cfa38ca56aedc71f7bd1c.jpg

With us we will have pre-production models of our Class 50 and decorated samples  of our Classes 31, 66, and 89 to showcase for the weekend. We will also have a very important Accurascale Exclusives announcement on Friday that you will not want to miss.

Of course, in between operating we will be on hand to chat about all things Accurascale. We can't wait to work with the Railnuts team and look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers!

Fran 

Ah that's great news. A bit of bonus as I wasn't expecting to see you all till Warley. Being a Cestrian and living in Newcastle, I was already planning to go and visit my mum (in a care home just by the station) on Friday as is and then head to Making Tracks 3. Now going to meet my dad for a lunch and head over for to the Cathedral for a nice chat! Can't wait to see the badger in the flesh as well as a full sleeper rake put through it's paces. Maybe even some fans on the 31's spinning up! He'll love seeing the manor too (even if I did have to purchase the Dapol one for his 75th and rename/number into Foxcote). I'm very tempted to add sound to it for his birthday this year so this would give him a taste of it.

Money's on the extra 66!

I presume you won't have the new 31285 sample on show as that's not at the decorated stage just yet?

• Friendly/supportive 1

Given that the Manor's are arriving I wonder if it could be one of them as there isn't an exclusive manor announced but there is with the J69. I wonder if one with the Danny's Bull Aberystwyth embellishments, perhaps 7828 as this seems to feature in photos like that one shed and would be another preserved one, alternatively could be 7827 'Lydham Manor' in the ornate fully lined preservation era 'Great Western' livery it wore for a while.