Accurascale on tour

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Now, now!  You can't expect the announcement they make at the show before the show!

Accurascale are not like government ministers, whose speech to the House is leaked beforehand by the BBC

The farm must have enough tractors for the moment surely............at some point we have to start paying off mortgage rather than buy models........the heating on might be nice too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Now, now!  You can't expect the announcement they make at the show before the show!

Accurascale are not like government ministers, whose speech to the House is leaked beforehand by the BBC

Errr - didn't they announce the pannier a couple days before the NEC show last year?

Edited by newbryford
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Last new loco announcement was the class 50 in November 2022 and 1 year to the day later the 57xx.

We must be well overdue one now!

Buckjumpers were March 2023 and the partial retool class 66 was at Model Rail Scotland last year.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Hi @Michael Hodgson

Funny enough our Glasgow announcement last year, the Class 66, was due to be announced on the Friday, and was leaked by an individual who was passed on the information by another manufacturer. The individual posted it onto a well known Facebook group with much glee about 30 mins before the actual announcement.

The same individual has been boasting that he will pull the same trick this year, while referencing our fondness for potatoes. You know, cos we are Irish and all. So, let’s see what he leaks this year.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Michael Hodgson

Funny enough our Glasgow announcement last year, the Class 66, was due to be announced on the Friday, and was leaked by an individual who was passed on the information by another manufacturer. The individual posted it onto a well known Facebook group with much glee about 30 mins before the actual announcement.

The same individual has been boasting that he will pull the same trick this year, while referencing our fondness for potatoes. You know, cos we are Irish and all. So, let’s see what he leaks this year.

Cheers!

Fran

Well as someone who was there when it was announced and not checking Facebook it was definitely a surprise to me and I'll be sure to stay off facebook before for a nice surprise.

Any idea when you are doing it or are preferring not to say? Either look forward to a natter tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Michael Hodgson

Cheers!

Fran

Potatoes & Leeks! No idea what loco that is 😁

Perhaps you need to 'leak' an announcement for 01/04/24 for him to leak, something really errr silly!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Potatoes & Leeks! No idea what loco that is 😁

Perhaps you need to 'leak' an announcement for 01/04/24 for him to leak, something really errr silly!

Whatever is being announced, I’m sure it’ll be soup-er…………………….

image.gif.06d0fa9c852a32c619349d1fbdcc7c5d.gif

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

our fondness for potatoes

Stroll on i must be Irish..........is Kieth Lemon doing the reveal,that said hes revealed enough over the years. I will be in the building on Friday so lets see what pops our corks.

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The 'Julian Assange' of the model railway world... ?

• Funny 8

5 minutes ago, lyneux said:

The 'Julian Assange' of the model railway world... 

Hi @Michael Hodgson

Cheers!

Fran

I hope you have a mashing time in Glasgow and don’t drink too much vodka lol  I will have my eyes peeled to social media awaiting the announcement 😂 😂 😂 

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, donny rovers said:

I hope you have a mashing time in Glasgow and don’t drink too much vodka lol 

Vodka is neither Scottish nor Scotch!  I’m sure they will be fully alert on the stand tomorrow.

John S

Edited by it's-er
Add quote

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, South-East Rail said:

I'm looking forward to the Electrostar announcement!

(If I say this every time, it's bound to come true eventually...)

Ed

As much as I agree, imagine all versions being announced at once!! You'd need a mortgage to cover that lot as 8/12 car units

Hi @Michael Hodgson

Cheers!

Fran

From that I deduce this year you've done a deal with the Japanese, it will be something powered by Tenshodo Spuds, and fitted with chips !

We don't really associate the Irish with potatoes (more with that famine unfortunately) but with Stout or Peat - perhaps something liike this

https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/5371-bulleids-turf-burner-the-sequel/

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Michael Hodgson

Cheers!

Fran

Got to be a 303 then, I slipped on a chip and cut my head open on a Motherwell service many years ago!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, lyneux said:

The 'Julian Assange' of the model railway world... ?

We have enough creepy and questionable people around who think they're cleverer than they actually are.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

I wish all going a great weekend.With one piece of advice.Glasgow is one of the UK’s great cities and is well provided with some great Italian restaurants. If you have any “leisure time”,then I suggest you sample one …or even two.Enjoy yourselves.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, donny rovers said:

please can you inbox me about this 

Why?

Is anything stopping you sending me a message (I detest the phrase 'inbox me') rather than asking me to send you a message?

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

As much as I agree, imagine all versions being announced at once!! You'd need a mortgage to cover that lot as 8/12 car units

They often run in single-unit formations. I'd be very happy with a three- or four-car 377 (and maybe even a five-car 378).  

Ed

15 hours ago, South-East Rail said:

I'm looking forward to the Electrostar announcement!

(If I say this every time, it's bound to come true eventually...)

Ed

I reckon if Accurra have this up their sleeves (which I think they do!) - that is primed for announcement at ally pally surely? given its the Electrostars hunting ground... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1