RevolutioN Announces Crowdfunded N Gauge Class 128

MGR Hooper!

Absolutely agree with what others have said. Had my WR Green and Royal mail ones running all afternoon coupled together on a small kato oval-7.5inch if anyone likes their curves really tight

In fact I like them so much I've just ordered a Midland blue one and can't stop hovering over the dealer special livery. Must resist!

Thanks Revolution

Rob

• Like 2

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

The pre wired speaker is buried below those two copper prongs.

What are the prongs for though, or is that related to lighting for a passenger vehicle or additional speakers?

FF5EE1E3-02B6-4607-9BF0-EDD4A0F6085F.jpeg.c0cb5c8fa1fa1e2c6d128a06ffbe603c.jpeg

If I decide to add stay alive plenty of space lol

I would suggest the copper strip (more likely phosphor bronze?) "prongs" are part of the pickup assembly taking current from the bogies to the PCB, similar in concept to a number of other models such as the Rapido Class 28.

• RMweb Premium

My first RevolutioN powered offering, and it survived the trip/drop through the letterbox!

Silky smooth and far superior to the Dapol mechanism, close in some of the speed range, but so much quieter....

20231012_204334.jpg.c9e943d7a0b19bb93fdda91af9203cfb.jpg

Running with a class 117, well two modified Dapol 121s....

20231012_210002.jpg.c4cb00f973e7136005e5bef1640174e7.jpg

Picking up the evening mail, well if the staff come out to load it...

20231012_204235.jpg.07a09e2b3f2d24d769a4eb73726b00a3.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Roy L S said:

I would suggest the copper strip (more likely phosphor bronze?) "prongs" are part of the pickup assembly taking current from the bogies to the PCB, similar in concept to a number of other models such as the Rapido Class 28.

Nah, they are just wafting in the air, they clearly have a purpose but it's not taking current from anything as there is nothing above them, I think it's speaker related if you want a beefier speaker perhaps.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Nah, they are just wafting in the air, they clearly have a purpose but it's not taking current from anything as there is nothing above them, I think it's speaker related if you want a beefier speaker perhaps.

Hi there,

The phosphor-bronze tabs should have current collection tabs from the axle pin-points bearing up onto the underside.  If they are not present then your model will be collecting power from a single bogie only; in which case please contact our customer support manager Simon and he can assist.

cheers

Ben A.

10 hours ago, woodenhead said:

The pre wired speaker is buried below those two copper prongs.

What are the prongs for though, or is that related to lighting for a passenger vehicle or additional speakers?

FF5EE1E3-02B6-4607-9BF0-EDD4A0F6085F.jpeg.c0cb5c8fa1fa1e2c6d128a06ffbe603c.jpeg

If I decide to add stay alive plenty of space lol

@Revolution Ben It's those big ones in the image that I am referring to, are you saying they shouldn't be like that? If I squint under the weight I can see the other too also sticking up, if no contact was being made it would then be both ends and I've had the unit running this afternoon so it must be making contact.

Something is definitely in contact with it from the bogie below, it moves if the bogie is turned or the chassis is placed onto a surface.  I've just never seen contacts like that before so it looked odd when I looked inside earlier.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is there anywhere on the PCB to fit a stay-alive? It would be a shame to waste all that empty space.

I was a little surprised to see it only drives one bogie - I suppose any future class 124 would need a pair of them! 😋

SB

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Steven B said:

Is there anywhere on the PCB to fit a stay-alive? It would be a shame to waste all that empty space.

I was a little surprised to see it only drives one bogie - I suppose any future class 124 would need a pair of them! 😋

SB

The reason for one power and one trailer bogie on this unit was it gives us both types for future models. 

cheers

Ben A. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, Steven B said:

SB

Just slap in a Zimo MS series, has pads for stay alive, the one I have ordered has limited Stay Alive on board.  You should only need it for a split second, but plenty of space for a cap or Kung Fu inside the empty body.

I’m not used to having so much space inside he body.  Make the most of it, next time this chassis is used it will be full of windows and seats.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonhinds said:

Possibly daft question, but does the unit not have red directional tail lights? Mine only lights up in forward direction.

No, DMUs only had marker lights initially. Tail lights didn't appear until much later, a tail lamp was used until then. Though I believe red discs could be slotted in over the marker lights but weren't widely used.

Edited by 5944
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jonhinds said:

Possibly daft question, but does the unit not have red directional tail lights? Mine only lights up in forward direction.

Blue 128 unit with its marker lights illuminated red at rear, 1987...

12 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

My Royal Mail units both have red tail lights. I think the models follow the prototype so earlier liveries have no red lights.

Mine’s also a later Royal Mail unit so looks like there might be an issue after all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, jonhinds said:

Mine’s also a later Royal Mail unit so looks like there might be an issue after all.

Hi there,

If you have any uncertainly please contact our customer support manager using the email in the instruction. 

However, please note that we are closed until the middle of the week as we were at GETS this weekend.fd

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Hearts1874 said:

i have been trying to pay the the remaining balance on the website just comes up i do not have permission to view the invoice

cheers

john

Hello all,

Anyone who has an outstanding balance will receive an email soon with instructions on how to pay.

Then we can process the postage and send the model.

However as we were all at GETS over the weekend these emails are likely to go out later in the week.

cheers

Ben A.

2 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hello all,

Anyone who has an outstanding balance will receive an email soon with instructions on how to pay.

Then we can process the postage and send the model.

However as we were all at GETS over the weekend these emails are likely to go out later in the week.

cheers

Ben A.

cheers for the info 

• Like 1