RevolutioN Announces Crowdfunded N Gauge Class 128

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I spoke to the factory last week.  Everything is done - they are just waiting on PCBs to be able to complete the models.

The global shortage of semi-conductors - dubbed 'Chipaggedon' by some - is having an ongoing impact.  The causes have been much discussed (so I won't revisit here) and impact on pretty much every powered model (or non-powered model with lights) for manufacturers. 

If the PCBs arrive in the next couple of weeks then all will be well for a Q3 delivery; if not then that date may slip. Obviously none of us want this, but the reality is that it is out of our hands.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...
On 01/05/2023 at 20:26, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

I spoke to the factory last week.  Everything is done - they are just waiting on PCBs to be able to complete the models.

The global shortage of semi-conductors - dubbed 'Chipaggedon' by some - is having an ongoing impact.  The causes have been much discussed (so I won't revisit here) and impact on pretty much every powered model (or non-powered model with lights) for manufacturers. 

If the PCBs arrive in the next couple of weeks then all will be well for a Q3 delivery; if not then that date may slip. Obviously none of us want this, but the reality is that it is out of our hands.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

As we are approaching the middle of June and the RevolutioN website hasn't been updated (still showing June/July delivery) given your comments above, is there any further news on whether the PCBs arrived and the stated date is likely to be achieved? 

I appreciate no news isn't necessarily bad news...

Regards

Roy

For info to those like me who have orders for these models, the RevolutioN website has now been updated as regards the 128.

Current status: -  "In production replacing faulty PCBs"

Est UK delivery: -  "September 2023"

Roy

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...

At the risk of being "slapped down" on here (again 🫢), I have kept an eye on the RevolutioN website but it hasn't been updated since the note I mentioned on June 16th (above). 

I would appreciate clarification of whether the PCBs have indeed now been replaced and if the models are anywhere near ready to be shipped. If they are not, then assuming they will be arriving by sea the September date is beginning to appear unachievable?

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Roy

The dates can only ever be a best estimate until the models are in transit (and even that can be subject to delays en route - we had one shipment recently which was delayed by engine trouble!). 

The information on our website is as accurate as we can be until we get a further update. By pure chance we’ve literally just had an update this afternoon that the production samples of the 128s are en route and assuming there are no problems with them then September delivery is very achievable, but as we say on the website until the models leave the factory door there are still opportunities for delays (particularly as part of our checks and the factory’s checks). 

Cheers Mike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2023 at 17:56, Revolution Mike said:

Hi Roy

The dates can only ever be a best estimate until the models are in transit (and even that can be subject to delays en route - we had one shipment recently which was delayed by engine trouble!). 

The information on our website is as accurate as we can be until we get a further update. By pure chance we’ve literally just had an update this afternoon that the production samples of the 128s are en route and assuming there are no problems with them then September delivery is very achievable, but as we say on the website until the models leave the factory door there are still opportunities for delays (particularly as part of our checks and the factory’s checks). 

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike

I have checked the RevolutioN website before posting here but it hasn't been updated recently, just curious to know how things went with the 128 production samples mentioned above which you have presumably by now received and checked?

Regards

Roy

5 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

When did you receive the newsletter as I am subscribed but not seen one since November last year

Cheers

Paul

Me neither...  I guess it's done in batches?

Look forward to an update though... I really like the models Revolution produce in both gauges.

Cheers,

Ixion.

9 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Me neither...  I guess it's done in batches?

Look forward to an update though... I really like the models Revolution produce in both gauges.

Cheers,

Ixion.

Mine came 30th August. There is also a link to the update on the Revolutions Trains Facebook Page on that day

es grüßt

pc 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

When did you receive the newsletter as I am subscribed but not seen one since November last year

Cheers

Paul

Hi have to admit, I thought I was a newsletter subscriber too, but haven't seen one in ages, I guess I should re-register 🤔

• 4 weeks later...

Having checked the RevolutioN website, and in case it is of interest to others, there has been an update as follows: -

Estimated delivery to UK: - Late September - early October 2023

So not too much longer to wait now!

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The Class 128s have arrived and after being checked over we will begin sending them out to paid up pre-order customers this week.  

IMG_8223.jpg.770bd775d47c57880dca04fe318cb853.jpg

In due course we will also send out balance payment requests to those who are not fully paid up, and also send stocks to retailers.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 11

The pre wired speaker is buried below those two copper prongs.

What are the prongs for though, or is that related to lighting for a passenger vehicle or additional speakers?

FF5EE1E3-02B6-4607-9BF0-EDD4A0F6085F.jpeg.c0cb5c8fa1fa1e2c6d128a06ffbe603c.jpeg

If I decide to add stay alive plenty of space lol

Edited by woodenhead