Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Banger Blue said:

I appreciate that this the Deltic thread but, yes I too would like to see AS have a crack at the 40s! 🤞

Its at the point now with this company they could make pre filled nappys and they would sell,the wish list is so big though,they are doing a great job,lets just buckel up and see whats next, the way the world is at the moment its a spirit lifter for us to guess.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Its at the point now with this company they could make pre filled nappys and they would sell,the wish list is so big though,they are doing a great job,lets just buckel up and see whats next, the way the world is at the moment its a spirit lifter for us to guess.

Pre-filled nappies? What a silly comment. 

It's simply because Accurascale is producing a smashing Deltic, many of us would love to see them tackle EE's other two big mainline types, which on wishlisting terms is about as sensible as any of us can get. 

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
Tired, post didn't make sense
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, 97406 said:

DSCF0352.jpg.f49c033913ce98f58b92a0a9ea15c098.jpg

Well I for one won’t be replacing my fleet with any Accurascale class 40s. Instead I’ll be adding to it. One can never have too many Whistlers. Or cans, but they’re taken care of :)

The North Eastern Region had too many.  They tried to get rid of them for years.  Post-dieselisation Consett branch banker- a class 40 was what they could spare for the job....

Les

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

The North Eastern Region had too many.  They tried to get rid of them for years.  Post-dieselisation Consett branch banker- a class 40 was what they could spare for the job....

Les

They were overweight and underpowered. I think many of us can relate to that.

Nothing scared the bejesus out of me more as a 3 or 4 year old on Navigation Road station platform than a 40 on full chat.

• Like 2

The only comment I can add to this thread is- just get the container unpacked and get them out with parcel couriers. Accurascale need the warehouse space and the mental capacity of their customer base to absorb the next (steam) locomotive announcement. 

Guessing the majority of deltics in the popular liveries will have sold out. If I were a gambling man I would say the two liveries lingering in the warehouse are going to be purple 9016 and the green deltic with no yellow ends.   

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Guessing the majority of deltics in the popular liveries will have sold out. If I were a gambling man I would say the two liveries lingering in the warehouse are going to be purple 9016 and the green deltic with no yellow ends.   

The purple effigy sold out first.

What I cant fathom is enthusiasts feeling for bad taste, indeed so bad the SVR has just turned out a purple pacific now too…

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2022/04/watch-severn-valley-railways-purple-steam-locomotive-unveiled.html

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 97406 said:

They were overweight and underpowered. I think many of us can relate to that.

Nothing scared the bejesus out of me more as a 3 or 4 year old on Navigation Road station platform than a 40 on full chat.

At that age it was an A4 coming round the back of Darlington just as I was crossing the footbridge ......

Les

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

At that age it was an A4 coming round the back of Darlington just as I was crossing the footbridge ......

Les

My Dad used to take me to Steamtown or Dinting for that sort of thing. Sir Nigel Gresley was the one that we used to go and see. I remember seeing Flying Scotsman at Manchester Victoria in the early 70s, and have a photo of it somewhere, which I should try and dig out,

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Br60066 said:

No but I'm sure the DCC sound versions will have it mapped to F14 😛

What ?? The sound of filling nappies ?!!!!!

Oh right yeah, rattly axle not splattery nap.... Ok I'm gone 🤪

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, Covkid said:

The only comment I can add to this thread is- just get the container unpacked and get them out with parcel couriers. Accurascale need the warehouse space and the mental capacity of their customer base to absorb the next (steam) locomotive announcement. 

The green one with no yellow ends?  Would that be 9004, 9007 or 9008 you are referring to? 

The best livery they came out in.  Nothing like the that ludicrous and tasteless purple version which sold like hot cakes.

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

The green one with no yellow ends?  Would that be 9004, 9007 or 9008 you are referring to? 

The best livery they came out in.  Nothing like the that ludicrous and tasteless purple version which sold like hot cakes.

Each to their own.  Diesels and electrics always needed a little splash of yellow on the front to brighten the image in my opinion. 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

That is a surprise, but then, I didn't particularly dislike the colour scheme on "Gordon". It was just those silly wipac lights that the collective industry couldn't aesthetically install flush into the modern traction units, like they did in the 1950s and 1960s. .  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Covkid said:

Each to their own.  Diesels and electrics always needed a little splash of yellow on the front to brighten the image in my opinion. 

I’m the same. Full yellow ends were the norm when I was old enough to start noticing trains, though some were still in green livery. Whilst I have great nostalgia for Banger Blue livery, aesthetically I prefer the smaller yellow panels. A Hymek in blue with SYP and white window surrounds is the pinnacle of the look.

A shame the deltics didn’t go blue, but with a grey lower band and white window surrounds. I have Ballymoss on order with the Finsbury Park treatment, which looks great to my eyes. I have also gone for D9010 for the heritage fleet.

The latest Freightliner livery is ruined with full yellow ends, especially on the 59s., The 90s just about carry it off from some angles. It’s all a matter of personal taste, though.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, adb968008 said:

What I cant fathom is enthusiasts feeling for bad taste, indeed so bad the SVR has just turned out a purple pacific now too…

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2022/04/watch-severn-valley-railways-purple-steam-locomotive-unveiled.html

We need a throwing up emoji!

Roy

• Agree 3

On 17/04/2022 at 17:16, adb968008 said:

After the first shock and checking where we are in April, I took a look at the video. Whilst the dog is clearly alarmed by the livery, I think it’s a nice job. It’s beautifully executed and the white lining sets it off well. Compare it to the Hornby Hogwarts livery, where the red livery does not sit well with Great Western orange and black lining. As 97406 said, it’s a matter of personal taste. If we can have red steamers, why not purple? Consider the horror expressed when top link GWR locomotives were painted blue by BR. BR blue is now a popular colour.

As for diesels, the small yellow panel continuing the broad light green side stripe was, in my own personal and no doubt misguided opinion, one of the most attractive of diesel liveries. Many, not all, special liveries appearing nowadays are a mess. Consider the Battle of Britain livery, which depicts two aeroplanes with the tails removed. To be clear, the motivation was good, it’s the execution that is so clumsy. I could go on but, to the relief of many, I shan’t.

Edited by No Decorum
Dropped word.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

We need a throwing up emoji!

Roy

Whilst theres no way i’d endorse this livery, I think a GWR loco with its brasses would be more “bling”.

perhaps they may paint the handrails gold, and replace the sandbox covers, boiler washout plugs and buffers with swarowski crystal studdied ones, and the cab roof definitely needs to be white / black cow skin style spots, and finally in all of the best bling traditions… white walled tyres… and flags on the lamp irons.

at least they didnt spell it Platinum Jubbly.

Hmm i’m getting carried away now with ideas for “improving” 9016 when it comes out ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, 97406 said:

I’m the same. Full yellow ends were the norm when I was old enough to start noticing trains, though some were still in green livery. Whilst I have great nostalgia for Banger Blue livery, aesthetically I prefer the smaller yellow panels. A Hymek in blue with SYP and white window surrounds is the pinnacle of the look.

A shame the deltics didn’t go blue, but with a grey lower band and white window surrounds. I have Ballymoss on order with the Finsbury Park treatment, which looks great to my eyes. I have also gone for D9010 for the heritage fleet.

The latest Freightliner livery is ruined with full yellow ends, especially on the 59s., The 90s just about carry it off from some angles. It’s all a matter of personal taste, though.

Very much agree with all of that. One of the smartest liveries (which never was) was D444 in it's two tone greenwith small yellows.  The way the yellow panel ran straight into the Sherwood green of the bodyside band, in the same way the Sulzer twos and Brush 4s is very much style. In fact, when Accurascale announce the class 50 for production I really hope two tone D444 is included in the variants, the only potential problem being it's unique headlamp arrangement in the former drivers side tail lamp enclosure - which it still carries in it's current BR blue.

Re the BR blue deltics - yes  agree.  That great big slab of blue really should have been broken up by a band as you suggest. Perhaps  Accurascale are minded to try a "what if" i nthe same way Rapido have with their blue and yellow APT-E ?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Very much agree with all of that. One of the smartest liveries (which never was) was D444 in it's two tone greenwith small yellows. 

But that does bring into question “what was”. 50044 was mainline registered and ran on the mainline in that livery. Does that make it a real livery carried or a what if? I am not even sure that I know what I think the right answer is. 

Roy

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Covkid said:

Very much agree with all of that. One of the smartest liveries (which never was) was D444 in it's two tone greenwith small yellows.  The way the yellow panel ran straight into the Sherwood green of the bodyside band, in the same way the Sulzer twos and Brush 4s is very much style. In fact, when Accurascale announce the class 50 for production I really hope two tone D444 is included in the variants, the only potential problem being it's unique headlamp arrangement in the former drivers side tail lamp enclosure - which it still carries in it's current BR blue.

Re the BR blue deltics - yes  agree.  That great big slab of blue really should have been broken up by a band as you suggest. Perhaps  Accurascale are minded to try a "what if" i nthe same way Rapido have with their blue and yellow APT-E ?

Yeah, I really liked Exeter in two tone green. I always thought the 50s looked odd in the original banger blue, but what a transformation Large Logo was on them.

8 hours ago, Covkid said:

I completely agree on this, the Mainland Europe class 66s have a yellow panel but orange front window surrounds, it looks so much better. https://railcolornews.com/2020/02/13/nl-comeback-in-orange-and-black-rail-feeding-class-66-in-gw-design/

Edited by sirwilliamfrs
correction
  • Like 1