Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

23 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

I'm sure someone will add a Doppler effect F function to a sound project one day...

@reddragon There was a video a few pages back showing a passing Deltic hauled train on a layout and there was a great sense of doppler effect as the Deltic passed by and kept going on the long layout.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

To add to the froth! Love it. Now going to source some fine wire for its nose end aerials 😬

794663E6-770C-40C6-9864-C0D43BD16A86.jpeg

Just a quick note to all to check your models… I’ve just sat my DCC sound version on the rolling road to discover it’s a DCC ready version, which has took the excitement out of me a

little 🤪

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

For anyone using JMRI and is still having issues with sorting Drive Hold on F5, I have exported a copy of the Roster entry with Drive Hold enabled. 

All you need to do is import the roster entry into your own roster, open the entry in programming mode and under the roster tab click the write all sheets button at the bottom.

I have also tweeked F12 so the cab lights turn off with movement and switched back on again when stopped provided F12 is switched on

No other alterations have been made to the original except the address the address is set to 3 and the roster entry is saved as 55003 Meld so just change the address and theid to the label of your choice before writing all the sheets to your deltic

Please note

This was created under release 4.26 of JMRI so can't guarantee it will work for earlier versions.

Changes made under the  function map tab

Row 8 removed primary mover and shift mode 6 and added drive hold under the logical Functions column.

Row 16 added 'stopped' under the conditions column

Row 17 added 'stopped' under the conditions column

added function labels

I strongly recommend reading all the CV's on your own Deltic and saving a copy of your roster entry before importing this roster entry and writing all entries to your own deltic

If you would like a copy of the roster entry please PM me and I will send you a link to the file.

Brian

Edited by beejack
updated file to include function labels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Just a quick note to all to check your models… I’ve just sat my DCC sound version on the rolling road to discover it’s a DCC ready version, which has took the excitement out of me a

little 🤪

Can anyone clarify if the boxes containing sound fitted versions are marked DCC Sound? 

33 minutes ago, NoelG said:

@reddragon There was a video a few pages back showing a passing Deltic hauled train on a layout and there was a great sense of doppler effect as the Deltic passed by and kept going on the long layout.

This one?

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Steve Williams said:

DLIBOD17  I don't envy you having to detail all those buffer beams. I needed a lie down in a darkened room after just the one!

Tell me about it 😚 I’m going to have to psyche myself up for 24 bufferbeams to be fettled ! I’m hoping it’s not absolutely necessary to unscrew each beam in order to add the detailing .

Edited by DLIBOD17

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, beejack said:

I have also tweeked F12 so the cab lights turn off with movement and switched back on again when stopped provided F12 is switched on

a setting that should have been there from the start. Any chance of sharing just the cv changes for this? I’m sure I can find out myself by digging in the v5 manual but if you could save me the hassle 😉

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Nah, it doesn’t do it. If you’ve sat trackside as one passes at 100mph you’ll know what I’m talking about!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

a setting that should have been there from the start. Any chance of sharing just the cv changes for this? I’m sure I can find out myself by digging in the v5 manual but if you could save me the hassle 😉

Unfortunately I made the changes in decoder pro so don't have a list of the CV valvues 

2 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Interesting, every single early arrival from Rails has been 9009. I haven’t seen any 15s or 2s. Wonder if they were the first ones off the lorry?!! I personally can’t wait to see my early 80s 55002 as i loved how it looked back then as an 11 year old.50513579-33ED-4BFD-BECB-D7483D50B3B8.thumb.jpeg.ba63e29801d4a30788e20c39b52e2a3a.jpeg

Edited by DLIBOD17

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

There should be a shift in pitch / frequency of the sound - I didn't hear that.

Sorry.

Al.

Just in case it’s not apparent, this is a model that’s 76 times smaller than the real thing, it also has sound emmitted though a speaker by electrical means, as opposed to an 18 cylinder two stroke Diesel engine that will cause air displacement through pressure waves. Just enjoy the toy trains. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Wolf27 said:

Just in case it’s not apparent, this is a model that’s 76 times smaller than the real thing, it also has sound emitted though a speaker by electrical means, as opposed to an 18 cylinder two stroke Diesel engine that will cause air displacement through pressure waves. Just enjoy the toy trains. 

At least you've got yours.

Can I have it, now that you're bored with it?

I expect a suitable shop-soiled discount price.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

At least you've got yours.

Can I have it, now that you're bored with it?

I expect a suitable shop-soiled discount price.

My interest in it is renewed now I have sorted drive thrash. So far it’s avoided any full on earth faults. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

My interest in it is renewed now I have sorted drive thrash. So far it’s avoided any full on earth faults. 

👍 I await further complaints from your neighbours.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

Auto on/off of the cab/control panel lights with movement was part of the original A/S lighting spec.....but can be added with a Lokprogrammer etc.....

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

👍 I await further complaints from your neighbours.

The neighbour loves it, I get updates from them, letting me know that I was up late running trains!

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, DLIBOD17 said:

Tell me about it 😚 I’m going to have to psyche myself up for 24 bufferbeams to be fettled ! I’m hoping it’s not absolutely necessary to unscrew each beam in order to add the detailing .

It’s not so bad. The first one took an hour because the paint on the ends of the parts came away from them and I had to glue them a second time, The second one was a lot quicker to do as I filed the surface of the part that gets stuck to the bufferbeam back to the plastic before gluing. Make sure you used a magnetised screwdriver so the screws don’t fly off.

Edited by 97406
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

Auto on/off of the cab/control panel lights with movement was part of the original A/S lighting spec.....but can be added with a Lokprogrammer etc.....

I have a lokprogrammer, it’s quite old though last time used was on a v3.5…..

On 23/06/2022 at 10:08, rob D2 said:

YouTube etc is often monetised, that’s why you get so much click bait bolx, attempting to suck you in with false jeopardy or drama.

At least on here it’s just one persons opionion .

Im glad to hear the accura folk are modelling themselves on Elon musk, he’s stated clearly that after he makes Mars habitable, the whole world drives his milk floats , and he has another 15 unpronounceable children with rappers,  he will then move onto making a class 50 in OO

I think I might be getting boringly repetitive !

Does this mean that the next batch of Deltics will be capable of flying around the room and landing autonomously..?

Davy 

• Funny 3