Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, thetrains said:

Think I have out what is causing the kinematic to get stuck, involved lying on back with loco over a plate glass so I could look up and see bogie swivelling action when full weight of loco is applied as if on track, will try and report back later once I have tested.

Mines going back for repair hopefully, I am way past doing acrobatics 🤣

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Ok, Silly question time !

@Accurascale FranI am wondering if dispatch to foreign countries has begun (as I see items popping onto general sale now).

I ask because my order still shows unfulfilled though I suspect it is perfectly normal.

I think I saw earlier replies from the boys saying that RoW orders would start to be sent out last Monday once UK had been finished but that EU were being sent out via Ireland ? So I would imagine EU orders will have been sorted, palletised and shipped out to Ireland for onward delivery.

I'm sure Fran will deny/ confirm once hes managed another coffee 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Not a complaint, more an enquiry. Has anyone heard ANYTHING from DPS ? I have a pre order with them but have had no request for final payment and no response to an enquiry posted via the Website. Was trying to email but when you click on email it opens your client but DOESN'T fill in their email address ( the email via the website goes to their sales person who hasn't answered)

I'm stuck in the middle of a Forest with internet but no phone signal so cant ring em until the weekend 🤬

Anyone ?

5 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Not a complaint, more an enquiry. Has anyone heard ANYTHING from DPS ?

Yep. I emailed them yesterday (use the email address in the order confirmation) and got a fast reply, they got them in on Monday IIRC and mine got sent out yesterday.

You settle your debt by buying the balance on the shop (I put in the notes what order no it was for). I received no communication about this, I just found it on the website last week and paid for it so it would be ready.

These are the links, not sure why the bottom one is for Green Howards as it says it's a balance payment.

https://www.thedps.co.uk/product-page/aaccurascale-class-55-deltic-sound-balance-payment

https://www.thedps.co.uk/product-page/accurascale-class-55-deltic-d9008-the-green-howards-deposit

Edited by TomScrut
Added links
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @jools1959,

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather and wish you a speedy recovery. These will be something we will be keeping in stock going forward for this and future Deltic production runs.

Now I'm off to wish I ordered 1980s KOYLI and Tulyar for myself! 

Cheers!

Fran

I would have thought you’d have been at the front of the queue for those 😜

• RMweb Premium

Just test running my Rails 55015.Arrived intact but . . 

When running it goes clonk clonk clonk clonk like the sound of a wheel flat and one end shakes in tune with it. Worse on bend!

Anyone else had this? 

• RMweb Premium
Just now, reddragon said:

When running it goes clonk clonk clonk clonk like the sound of a wheel flat and one end shakes in tune with it. Worse on bend!

Anyone else had this? 

Possibly a tiny spot of glue on the wheel tread.

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Possibly a tiny spot of glue on the wheel tread.

Its the centre axle on one end shakes side to side a lot!

I ran it upsidedown to watch

Edited by reddragon

33 minutes ago, reddragon said:

When running it goes clonk clonk clonk clonk like the sound of a wheel flat and one end shakes in tune with it.

It's Accurascale attention to detail again - BR had it when 55015 got a wheel flat !

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Matt C said:

I think I saw earlier replies from the boys saying that RoW orders would start to be sent out last Monday once UK had been finished but that EU were being sent out via Ireland ? So I would imagine EU orders will have been sorted, palletised and shipped out to Ireland for onward delivery.

I'm sure Fran will deny/ confirm once hes managed another coffee 👌

I am still waiting for mine. I am sure it will be here soon. The B word slows everything down unfortunately.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Yep. I emailed them yesterday (use the email address in the order confirmation) and got a fast reply, they got them in on Monday IIRC and mine got sent out yesterday.

You settle your debt by buying the balance on the shop (I put in the notes what order no it was for). I received no communication about this, I just found it on the website last week and paid for it so it would be ready.

These are the links, not sure why the bottom one is for Green Howards as it says it's a balance payment.

https://www.thedps.co.uk/product-page/aaccurascale-class-55-deltic-sound-balance-payment

https://www.thedps.co.uk/product-page/accurascale-class-55-deltic-d9008-the-green-howards-deposit

Thanks Tom, balance paid with note of original order attached. Hopefully your notes will help others as well 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt C said:

Not a complaint, more an enquiry. Has anyone heard ANYTHING from DPS ? I have a pre order with them but have had no request for final payment and no response to an enquiry posted via the Website. Was trying to email but when you click on email it opens your client but DOESN'T fill in their email address ( the email via the website goes to their sales person who hasn't answered)

I'm stuck in the middle of a Forest with internet but no phone signal so cant ring em until the weekend 🤬

Anyone ?

Use Skype - or similar

• RMweb Gold

My late crew have arrived  - will pop some photos up later.

Edit: Or perhaps not - had a DHL shipping notification and a DHL delivered message - put 2 and 2 together and made 5 :-(

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

I tried that today. Needing to pay the outstanding balance on my order for 55015 both emails sent were returned as undeliverable. There is no contact telephone number. Can anyone help on this please ?

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Skype's free

Between skype accounts yes, but AFAIA you need either a subscription or credit to call a landline or mobile, unless they have changed it ? Any idea what Skype address DPS are on ? 

Edit to Add, I'm sorted anyway so a pointless discussion clogging up the thread methinks 😋. I'm out

Edited by Matt C
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Following feedback from another forum I'm on, I've just run the Deltic upside down and held a sharp object in place and found a small lump of resin totally invisible even under magnifying glass on one wheel. Took some removing!

That bogie still wobbles a bit but I hope that will settle in with time.

Excellent support from A/S as usual.

Outstanding loco that I'm running in, excellent sounds not a loud as I feared it might be, having scared wife with drone warning from youtube videos!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My D9016 has just been dispatched after ordering yesterday! Assume it should arrive tomorrow :D

Also had a very cheeky extra 10% off my next purchase on shopify. Any idea if there's a time limit on this as it doesn't say so and already got my orders in for everything out there I want!