Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, E100 said:

I'm pretty sure if they've gone to the level to model it they'll have a photograph to back it up.

Out of interest - do A/S have a photo of D9009 in blue with a white antenna?

1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

I have a lokprogrammer, it’s quite old though last time used was on a v3.5…..

I suggest you download the latest file/programmer update from the ESU Website, fully operational and programmed ESU LokPilot decoders can be ordered  from:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_84&product_id=483

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Out of interest - do A/S have a photo of D9009 in blue with a white antenna?

Hi Mick,

We've been searching but it appears all our white ones were in Green livery. Mea cupla on that one I'm afraid!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I'm sure someone will add a Doppler effect F function to a sound project one day...

Ah but would it be accurate? Surely it would need to change the frequency based on the scale speed of the train, and also take the scale speed of the train into account when changing the frequency.

🤪

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mick,

We've been searching but it appears all our white ones were in Green livery. Mea cupla on that one I'm afraid!

Cheers!

Fran 

No worries.

Where's my blue paint....? (More importantly - where's my d*lt*c)

12 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

a setting that should have been there from the start. Any chance of sharing just the cv changes for this? I’m sure I can find out myself by digging in the v5 manual but if you could save me the hassle 😉

That is a feature I wouldn’t like. I think it’s rare for a cab light to be switched off at the exact moment a loco starts to move. Function switch on/off for me please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Once I feel brave to adulterate this what paint would you use? 

Probably Precision/Phoenix Rail blue.

And a bit of exhaust weathering.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Ah but would it be accurate? Surely it would need to change the frequency based on the scale speed of the train, and also take the scale speed of the train into account when changing the frequency.

🤪

And the position of the listener. Could be fun at an exhibition.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Am I having just bad luck or what!

Black Watch sent back as many parts off, and the speaker vibration.

Pinza sent back as a few parts off and flat spot on wheels (now I know it possibly could have been glue on a wheel which was fixable).

Both are being replaced - great service from AC but now DHL are delaying delivery and I can't get an answer from them?

St Paddy seemed to be going really well with no parts detached and silky smooth runner, but alas the dreaded speaker vibration (bracket screws missing).

Just checked Royal Highland Fusilier which arrived today - via Rails - only one corner step detached (no problem), silky smooth runner but again the speaker vibration. As above no screws in the speaker bracket that can be seen under the roof cover. Furthermore zero paperwork in the box. Clearly not checked by Rails?

Seems to be a battle but hopefully I will win the war.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Turn Your Deltic Up To 11 With Our DCC Sound Decoders and Speaker Kit

Hi everyone,

Have you bought one of our new DC/DCC ready Deltics and wish you went for the DCC sound version? Are you seeing videos online of the full Napier drone on our factory fitted sound models and fancy a slice of the action?

Well, now you can upgrade for the full Accurathrash experience!

With a sugar cube speaker already installed in your locomotive, you can now order our new "Accurathrash" EM1 type bass reflex speaker, and our full sound project pre-loaded on an ESU Loksound 5 decoder. 

Screenshot2022-06-27at10_41_51.thumb.png.d6857f9c7d8930c0f19f5e309cef6b11.png

So, you can fully retrofit your Deltic and it's all plug and play!

We are also launching a Lokpilot 5 which is completely tailored for our Deltics, so you can access all the lighting an control functions with ease.

Stock is due in approx. 4 weeks time, and once again we offer unbeatable value, with the Loksound 5 sound decoder priced at £100.00, the Accurathrash speaker is £14.95 and our Lokpilot is just £29.50. 

Pre-order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Just got number 9 from RoS,appart from one chain off nothing else i can say other than Wow,its so fine its a test as to how long you can hold your breath in its presence in case you sneeze. As has been said i dont see any way of knowing sound fitted by box but will run it on rollers when i get time in next few days.Looks wonderful to be honest.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Turn Your Deltic Up To 11 With Our DCC Sound Decoders and Speaker Kit

Hi everyone,

Have you bought one of our new DC/DCC ready Deltics and wish you went for the DCC sound version? Are you seeing videos online of the full Napier drone on our factory fitted sound models and fancy a slice of the action?

Well, now you can upgrade for the full Accurathrash experience!

With a sugar cube speaker already installed in your locomotive, you can now order our new "Accurathrash" EM1 type bass reflex speaker, and our full sound project pre-loaded on an ESU Loksound 5 decoder. 

Screenshot2022-06-27at10_41_51.thumb.png.d6857f9c7d8930c0f19f5e309cef6b11.png

So, you can fully retrofit your Deltic and it's all plug and play!

We are also launching a Lokpilot 5 which is completely tailored for our Deltics, so you can access all the lighting an control functions with ease.

Stock is due in approx. 4 weeks time, and once again we offer unbeatable value, with the Loksound 5 sound decoder priced at £100.00, the Accurathrash speaker is £14.95 and our Lokpilot is just £29.50. 

Pre-order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories

Cheers!

Fran 

Brackets and screws with the speaker? or should they be there already in the model? Which also begs the question what happens if they are not?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, No Decorum said:

That is a feature I wouldn’t like. I think it’s rare for a cab light to be switched off at the exact moment a loco starts to move. Function switch on/off for me please.

I 100% agree with this. It’s a switch on the real thing so should be an on off function on the model. IRL the light may be switched on while the train is in motion. As you say if it was being used whilst stationary there’s no way it would go off at the split second it starts to move (the driver has other things on his mind at that point). 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, AndrewB7585 said:

I 100% agree with this. It’s a switch on the real thing so should be an on off function on the model. IRL the light may be switched on while the train is in motion

Depends how much driving/playing you do.

My layout is automated so having a cab light go off when the loco moves is a good thing, but I also am happy enough to program it myself. And I also know it's not 100% realistic but moreso than not having a cab light or having it on all the time.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1