KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

49 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Apologies indeed needed to "Yes, Minister". That saying is from House of Cards (the original UK version).

Joseph,

I bow to the Honourable Member for North Dorset's superior knowledge.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, KR Models said:

As I've stated before, all distribution will be sent from the UK.  Non-UK customers will be responsible for their own customs charges. 

But EU residents will be fine and won't face any charges, because you're shipping from the UK...? Ignoring any changes with Brexit etc.

• RMweb Gold

So is the company based in Canada and do you have a street address that is not a PO number?

Will a contract to purchase/ crowdfund this model be subject to UK law or Canadian law?

Edited by Colin_McLeod
To add question about the applicable law.
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Joseph,

I bow to the Honourable Member for North Dorset's superior knowledge.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Yes, you are right. I am a political nerd and love both those TV series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

So is the company based in Canada and do you have a street address that is not a PO number?

Will a contract to purchase/ crowdfund this model be subject to UK law or Canadian law?

PO Boxes are commonplace here, because of community mailboxes.  We are subject to retail trading laws in whichever country we sell products in.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, KR Models said:

PO Boxes are commonplace here, because of community mailboxes.  We are subject to retail trading laws in whichever country we sell products in.

The website is  .co.uk which would imply to many purchasers that it is a UK based company, the law as it stands here is that a full address is required.

• Agree 1

PO Boxes are commonplace here, because of community mailboxes. We are subject to retail trading laws in whichever country we sell products in.

If you are invoicing out of Canada, as you appear to be, then your customers are not protected by their local trading laws and would have to seek redress in Canada. If you are invoicing out of the UK then a PO Box address will not suffice, and you are also required to give the buyer clear information regarding returns and cancellation policies, as well as delivery costs and arrangements.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 13/06/2019 at 22:46, KR Models said:

We will be building a few extra to cover any warrenty issues, but that's it.  We won't be holding stock on the off chance that they get sold.  

Also, if they did hold stock - is there any real incentive to order in the initial stages?

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dpgibbons said:

If you are invoicing out of Canada, as you appear to be, then your customers are not protected by their local trading laws and would have to seek redress in Canada. If you are invoicing out of the UK then a PO Box address will not suffice, and you are also required to give the buyer clear information regarding returns and cancellation policies, as well as delivery costs and arrangements.   

Good points. When these are fully addressed by KR Models I may place an order.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
typo

3 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

The website is  .co.uk which would imply to many purchasers that it is a UK based company, the law as it stands here is that a full address is required.

And you have our full address on the website

3 hours ago, dpgibbons said:

Both returns and cancellation policies are listed on the website, delivery costs have yet to be confirmed for all areas, but if you are a common user of buying online, then you'll have a rough idea of cost.

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, RLWP said:

You must have the patience of a saint, Keith. Are you expecting to see any orders from the critics on this thread?

Richard

Yes, someone unknown, in a different country, with no known business skills, with no known experience of working with the Chinese, hiding behind a PO Box address, with only vague details on their website and who is now asking for the second of three payments with little evidence of how the money is being spent. Yet some mad people refuse to just throw money at this venture and want basic info clarified!

If this venture was run in a similar manner to Cavalex I would order but not as it stands

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, RLWP said:

You must have the patience of a saint, Keith. Are you expecting to see any orders from the critics on this thread?

Richard

14 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

Yes, someone unknown, in a different country, with no known business skills, with no known experience of working with the Chinese, hiding behind a PO Box address, with only vague details on their website and who is now asking for the second of three payments with little evidence of how the money is being spent. Yet some mad people refuse to just throw money at this venture and want basic info clarified!

If this venture was run in a similar manner to Cavalex I would order but not as it stands

In the light of the very recent DJM collapse raising concerns now is surely understandable and prudent ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

44 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have to be very refrained about saying what I really want to will all those who criticize me for at least coming forward with such a bold venture but hey it's a learning curve.  If they don't want to order that's fine, but no need to be so invasive and blunt with the criticism and hide behind a blank profile.  Even the issue with PO Box use, that's standard practice here.  If I was a limited company in the UK, there would only be an address that my company would be registered at, that could be my accountants for all any would know, it doesn't have to be my home address. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

In the light of the very recent DJM collapse raising concerns now is surely understandable and prudent ?

As with any business large or small.  Prudence is one thing, but out an out personal unfounded, ignorant comments from some contributors is another.  I have been open and honest as I can be, I don't see everyone on here even leaving their real names.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, KR Models said:

I have to be very refrained about saying what I really want to will all those who criticize me for at least coming forward with such a bold venture but hey it's a learning curve.  If they don't want to order that's fine, but no need to be so invasive and blunt with the criticism and hide behind a blank profile.  Even the issue with PO Box use, that's standard practice here.  If I was a limited company in the UK, there would only be an address that my company would be registered at, that could be my accountants for all any would know, it doesn't have to be my home address. 

Whilst you are correct about registered addresses not necessarily being the same as a trading address there is currently a lot of concern about transparency, ethics and trust at the present time here after the collapse of DJM. It's your call of course but more openness and transparency would not do you any harm and potentially secure more customers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Whilst you are correct about registered addresses not necessarily being the same as a trading address there is currently a lot of concern about transparency, ethics and trust at the present time here after the collapse of DJM. It's your call of course but more openness and transparency would not do you any harm and potentially secure more customers.

My address and phone number are both listed on the website, yet some are still not happy with this.

13 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Screenshot 2019-06-15 07.23.46.png

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:46, KR Models said:

We will be building a few extra to cover any warrenty issues, but that's it.  We won't be holding stock on the off chance that they get sold.  Having capital tied up in unsold stock is not a prudent step at this stage of the companies life.  If after the release we get a flood of orders or interest, then we can make a 2nd run.  

That seems reasonable to me. I shall wait to see how the model turns out and in the meantime I’ll practise kicking myself in case the second run (if any) turns out to be much more expensive.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, KR Models said:

My address and phone number are both listed on the website, yet some are still not happy with this.

I know what you have said about PO Boxes Keith but in the UK, in a commercial sense, it is a means of masking a physical address where callers are not accepted or welcome.

I am trying to help here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I know what you have said about PO Boxes Keith but in the UK, in a commercial sense, it is a means of masking a physical address where callers are not accepted or welcome.

I am trying to help here.

I know Andy.  The issue is my business license is registered to that address and I can't advertise a different address or I would be in breach of my license which carries a hefty fine. 

Edited by KR Models
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, KR Models said:

I know Andy.  The issue is my business license is registered to that address and I can advertise a different address or I would be in breach of my license which carries a hefty fine. 

We are exposing differences in business practice between the UK and Canada. Flipping World Wide Web, isn't it!

Richard

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KR Models said:

I know Andy.  The issue is my business license is registered to that address and I can advertise a different address or I would be in breach of my license which carries a hefty fine. 

I'd bite the bullet and use the physical address that the PO box tie to, surely that's permissible? It's not like you'd get many nutty modellers turning up halfway across the world from the main market.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi KR Models

It is unfortunate timing for you, but you are being asked questions about your crowdfunded project just after a lot of people lost money on the DJmodels collapse. Not wanting to repeat that experience people are asking the questions that they didn't ask DJM.

KR Models, you have a mix of Canadian address; UK website; don't appear to be a company registered in either Canada or UK; and your answers to questions are short, sharp and give the impression of being somewhat defensive. Citadel, St Albert appears to be a retirement village, though I accept there may be more to it than that.

If you are using a UK web page to sell on line, there are things you need to comply with including a PHYSICAL ADDRESS:   See 3rd paragraph of this useful link;

https://startups.co.uk/regulations-for-selling-online-what-your-business-needs-to-know/

To comply, your customers must have certain information including your business’ name, physical address and email address.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Informative/Useful 2