RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

A colleague has recently reminded me of Skinny Love - Bon Iver

I can imagine that his music is pretty 'Marmite', I certainly struggle to compare him to anyone!

The performance on Jools Holland is widely regarded as one of the best on the show. Perhaps an acquired taste? But I think its fantastic.

• Like 1

A colleague has recently reminded me of Skinny Love - Bon Iver

For Emma, Forever Ago is a stunning debut album, one of the best that I can think of. I was so disappointed when I went to see him/them as they were a bit rubbish live.

• RMweb Gold

Rather circuling through a lot of my I-Tunes electronic albums this evening, Mostly working my way through the Pet Shop Boys stuff.They've certainly found a return to form through Stuart Price / Jacques Le Cont - The brilliant Electric sees them return to the late 1980s with a very strong follow-up to Actually, while the new one sees a strong follow up to the early 1990s rave / electronic era of Very.Here is the new single : The Pop Kidshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JF3Gj8U0YA

the new album 'super' is barmy, at first i thought 'what the hell is this' but the more i listen to it the more it grows on me, not a vocal album at all and having checked the BPM of the tracks on my DJ app they are mostly 120-130 BPM, in fact ive already mixed the album into one long mix for a bit of fun, (going to redo it though with the remix of pop kids instead of the original) i did something similar with electric which is one of my favorite PSB albums ( i have 300+ unique PSB tunes in my collection, lots of obscure dance mixes of stuff)

• RMweb Premium

Hell Freezes Over - Eagles

• RMweb Premium

having seen Pete's post above, it jogged my memory a little, so I thought I'd listen to some old stuff, I'd not listened to for a while.

The Joker - Steve Miller Band

Jeeeezzus, that takes me back!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Scarlet And Other Stories - All About Eve

Been revisiting / rediscovering some soundtrack stuff of late, all hitting the right spot time after time...

'Le Mans' - Michel Legrande

'Bullitt' - Lalo Schifrin

'Themology' - superb John Barry compilation which includes the full two minute version of The Persuaders, plus The Ipcress File, The Knack and several Bond themes and incidental tracks

'The Sound Gallery' - fab lounge  / library compilation... worth seeking out for track number eight 'Jaguar' all by itself (it's all on youtube but I can't post links for some reason).

'The Protectors' - John Cameron's complete soundtrack CD to the series with some fantastic cuts, both long and short.

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Sound of Silence - Disturbed

I think is a brilliant cover version, keeping the ecsence of the original

Great video as well.

Just bought the album that this is taken from (Imortalized) - a good heavy rock album from what I've heard so far ....

• Like 2