RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Gold

After just hearing the good news that At The Drive-In are reuniting, I'm listening to Relationship Of Command at ridiculously high volume! :yahoo:

Edited by Patrick

Roger 'Chappo' Chapman (ex "The Family").....now `69 and still putting on a great show with that trademark vibrato. :shout:

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7EyGwsdJ10[/media]

*Please note: video contains short, single-words of lyrical ironic profanity at 3.31 and again 7.01....but don`t let that put you off, it is a typically-great stage performance. :music:

All about Chappo

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 1

My recent music of choice this week is the excellent new Coldplay album Mylo Xyloto, Now 80 or some classic Killers, no-one can beat a bit of Mr Brightside, it's one of the only songs I know every word to!!

Sammyboy UTO

• RMweb Premium

My recent music of choice this week is the excellent new Coldplay album Mylo Xyloto, Now 80 or some classic Killers, no-one can beat a bit of Mr Brightside, it's one of the only songs I know every word to!!

Sammyboy UTO

I downloaded the Coldplay album off Aamzon last week for my wife - I've never been a fan of the band, but I have to say that it really is pretty darn good!

Currently OMS: The Who "Live At Leeds".

Current fave platter is Air's 'Moon Safari' album, which I've not heard for far too long.... although it came out in the mid / late 90s a couple of tracks in particular (1 and 5) could easily be from the soundtrack of some great long lost film c1970-74. The whole album was recorded on old analogue gear and sounds fantastic.

• RMweb Premium

Panic at the Disco's awesome 'Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off'

Great tune, rekindles memories from amazing times early at Uni, literally cannot believe its verging on 7 years old now!!

• 2 weeks later...

Following Debs lead above, Roger Chapman, prompted me to put Family's 'Anyway' on today, fantastic album, great cover and sleeve too.

Thanks for that video Debs. I see he just contents himself with throwing towels into the audience these days; back in the '70s he used to skim tambourines off the edge of the stage into the crowd! "Weavers Answer" off Family Entertainment is still one of my all time favourites.

• Like 1

To start my morning,

Courtesy of the youtube collection.

Jazz singer, and sometime wild child Anita O'Day singing "Sweet Georgia Brown" at the 1957 Newport Jazz Festival, recorded as "Jazz on a Summer's Day". Then I turned back a little to an earlier recording, 1941, Miss O'Day and Gene Krupa's band "Thanks for the Boogie Ride."

PB