The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Well,

Having never posted in this thread before, i'll give it a bash.

Currently (but not at this time of night!) "Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses" by Rolf Stumpf - how many have heard of HIM, i wonder? That's one for the Alcohaulics!

Otherwise it's quite likely to be something by Jethro Tull.

Cheers y'all,

John E.

Guest Max Stafford

Coldplay - God put a smile upon your face.

I don't care if every ###### knocks them - they're still a damn fine band and this is about their best IMO!

Dave.

Two new to me.

First is the original soundtrack album from the cult (?) film "Morris: a life with bells on", a fine mockumentary. Most of the music was composed by Richard Lumsden who was asked to do it because he knows nothing about morris. Not sure where the rap track came from though [the CD is in the car ...].

The other is "Turn of the century" by Dr Busker, a pub entertainer from Northamptonshire who is not above using bad language in his music but only when it will be well received by the many drunks present. There are a few railway songs on the CD and you would never believe how he rhymes "Castle". Well, perhaps you would.

Chris

Oh dear, the clock is 8 hours fast. Woe, woe and thrice woe

Have heard of The Cardiacs, but haven't checked them out.

Odin Dragonfly - Offerings. Good mellow chill-out album

The Who - Who's Next (not remotely chill-out)

Opeth - Blackwater Park and Watershed.

Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound

Deep Purple - Stormbringer. Odd hearing Ritchie Blackmore playing Nile Rodgers-style disco-funk riffs.

Before that, five hours of prog at the Classic Rock Society at Wath-upon-Dearne, headlined by Breathing Space.

I'm getting very fed up because the workshop cd player has gone blind from the spray dust that inevitably gets in it... Though I was listening to Level 42;- 'Retroglide' & Funeral for a Friend's ' Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation'.... Her indoors has been playing Kelly Clarkson's 'Breakaway', which finishes with a live track, 'Beautiful Disaster', which makes my hair stand on end... Just fabulous;- check it out...

There's some new 'Three Friends' tracks/clips been posted on you-tube by 'zboyphillips' from their recent gigs in Japan... This band is a reincarnation of Gentle Giant, featuring 3 original members.. THis is getting really interesting, & I'd recommend a quick shooftie to any lover of 70's prog rock...

• Like 1

There's some new 'Three Friends' tracks/clips been posted on you-tube by 'zboyphillips' from their recent gigs in Japan... This band is a reincarnation of Gentle Giant, featuring 3 original members.. THis is getting really interesting, & I'd recommend a quick shooftie to any lover of 70's prog rock...

Thanks for that Chris. I hadn't noticed those new clips were available..

For those interested there's a few more clips on You Tube from earlier this year.

GG are one of my favourite bands from the early and mid 70's. Strange to think of a reformed band without a single Shulman on-board; but great all the same. icon_smile.gif

Band website (with videos) - http://www.threefriends.info/