Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

TPE MARK 5 COACHES ARRIVE!

Earlier this week our TPE Mark 5 sets arrived at our warehouse! We are currently finishing up QC checking and counting into stock and dispatch will begin on Monday for pre-orders. Pre-order dispatch will likely take most of next week to complete due to the sheer amount of pre-orders for these coaches.

1167568023_MicrosoftTeams-image_97_.png.66a7e331ad92c378f724007dce3b5ba5.png

Once pre-orders are cleared we will then put remaining stock for sale on the website (be warned, it is very limited in number!) so make sure you keep an eye out later next week.

Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding.

More exciting times here at Accurascale!

Cheers!

Fran 

Superb!

Bagsy mine’s not from this box though :-0

53155018-C7CB-4E48-8A35-CBF0BAB8C366.jpeg.d08ef83e8af107469cb87a038a73bba3.jpeg

Cheers

Rob

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Brace yourself,theres some on e bay but you will need deep pockets as biddings hotting up,good luck.

And I'll bet the same goes for the TPE sets in a week or 2.

Edit. Already seen a tpe set for £425 on ebay.....

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, newbryford said:

And I'll bet the same goes for the TPE sets in a week or 2.

Edit. Already seen a tpe set for £425 on ebay.....

And yet the odd person does cancel their preorder much to our amazement 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Although only one of the packs shown. Am incredibly impressed with the coaches. Over the weekend since not in work will get the whole set out. 

Have to say by far the best UK coaches and as said previously on par/ better then the Trix IC2/IC coaches. 

FF853DB3-69B8-498F-AA2A-95D1D12B7382.jpeg

130E2F36-BDAE-4879-BCAE-8558EB9FDA3E.jpeg

9BF6E244-D59F-4F7B-9694-1F66B80ED193.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Coaches came back from Accurascale duly repaired.   Unfortunately one of them shorts everything out when it is placed on the track.  I noticed the magnetic couplings on this coach were upside down in relation to the others.  I followed the tweezers tip from this thread to carefully remove and re-attach them.  Still shorting out.  With one bogie on the track, no shorting and the coach lights up.   With the other bogie on the track no shorting and no lights.  Both bogies on the track everything shorts out.   I tried reversing the direction of one bogie but still the same problem.   This is Accurascale's first attempt at coaches and they have tried some innovations so I am willing to persevere and get the set running properly.   Has anyone any suggestions?  I really don't want to be troubling Accurascale by sending this back to them again if it is something I could easily fix myself.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Coaches came back from Accurascale duly repaired.   Unfortunately one of them shorts everything out when it is placed on the track.  I noticed the magnetic couplings on this coach were upside down in relation to the others.  I followed the tweezers tip from this thread to carefully remove and re-attach them.  Still shorting out.  With one bogie on the track, no shorting and the coach lights up.   With the other bogie on the track no shorting and no lights.  Both bogies on the track everything shorts out.   I tried reversing the direction of one bogie but still the same problem.   This is Accurascale's first attempt at coaches and they have tried some innovations so I am willing to persevere and get the set running properly.   Has anyone any suggestions?  I really don't want to be troubling Accurascale by sending this back to them again if it is something I could easily fix myself.

You might need to reverse one of the individual axles. If you closely look at the back of the wheels you will see one wheel is isolated from the axle and the other wheel. Each bogie has one axle of each polarity, and the other bogie also needs the axles orientated correctly. It might be a bit of trial and error to get right.

Hopefully that makes sense. I’ve discovered this when I had to remove a few wheels to try and resolve issues with excessive drag. I eventually discovered I had a few axles where the wheels were askew which caused derailing over points.

Having only ever had great response from Accurascale support previously, I have to say I’m disappointed with the response I’ve received to my emails about this, but hopefully we’ll get somewhere on Monday.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

Of course if Accurascale send out these TPE Mk5's, it will be totally unprototypical to run them.......

Savage! Useless they are being run on empty coaching stock of course :P It's a real shame they haven't been utilised as fully as they could be yet.

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

Oh to have the disposable income to be able to buy that much in the first place, then profit from. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

23 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

Oh to have the disposable income to be able to buy that much in the first place, then profit from. 

Could be worse, could buy many and constantly brag about it and post loads of photos on here when there is no demand for that kind of thing 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Kraken said:

You might need to reverse one of the individual axles. If you closely look at the back of the wheels you will see one wheel is isolated from the axle and the other wheel. Each bogie has one axle of each polarity, and the other bogie also needs the axles orientated correctly. It might be a bit of trial and error to get right.

Many and sincere thanks indeed.  I had a look at the offending coach this morning.  The starting point was the bogie which did not activate the lights. Then trying it with only one pair of wheels on the track.  The wheelset which was the wrong way round was quickly identified and reversed and now I have a full working set of four coaches.

Edited by cessna152towser
typo
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

26 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

I'm confident that Accurascale will make an announcement later in the year about a second run of the Caledonion sleepers, as i believe they have been rather popular with those that have them.

Now bring on the TPE's this week guys.

I would certainly be up for a second run, whatever form and bredth that takes! I was up in Inverness last week, and as I looked at the sleeper parked in the station, I began to wish I'd ordered a Highlander pack to go with my Lowlander set. Here's hoping! 😊

Edited by mattkimster