Mark 5, By Accurascale

32 minutes ago, McC said:

If you pop your email into the 'notify me' box on the pack pages, you will get a direct email the moment the stock is live, as the waiting list of emails will be informed before any online / social media mentions are put out (assuming there is anything left to mention online!)

I have got an alert set up! Just wanna try do what I can to not miss out. Although I’m sure they’ll be another run at some point

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

MARK 5 TPE DISPATCH UPDATE

We have been packing and shipping constantly all week and we had hoped to send out the last of the TPE Mark 5 orders by the end of today. However, we still have a lot of pre-orders to go!

169741981_Mark5TPE.jpg.36829bc4a78f803b7d481b7b89b97996.jpg

Our estimate is that they will now be all sent out by close of business on Friday of this week. We apologise for this delay, but we are packing as fast as humanly possible. This will also mean that remaining packs will go on sale next week, at the same great price of £225 for the five car set.

After all, we do realistic models at realistic prices!

Thank you everyone for your continued patience.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

My TPE set arrived today; very nice indeed!

It was a bit odd when DHL delivered a box that said “quantity 6” on the side, but I like the idea of reusing things where possible. Top job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived this afternoon, quick check and test before carefully re-wrapped and packing away.
To find the lights still on after a few minutes is something else👌

BEA54CA0-2235-407D-8715-95BAC3DA8D9E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

MARK 5 TPE DISPATCH UPDATE

We have been packing and shipping constantly all week and we had hoped to send out the last of the TPE Mark 5 orders by the end of today. However, we still have a lot of pre-orders to go!

169741981_Mark5TPE.jpg.36829bc4a78f803b7d481b7b89b97996.jpg

Our estimate is that they will now be all sent out by close of business on Friday of this week. We apologise for this delay, but we are packing as fast as humanly possible. This will also mean that remaining packs will go on sale next week, at the same great price of £225 for the five car set.

After all, we do realistic models at realistic prices!

Thank you everyone for your continued patience.

Cheers!

Fran 

So when you say in Transit its Richards from New Junction,s your on about...........

• Funny 3

Managed to track down a chip today and duly fitted into the DT, the chip didn’t like to be programmed however works flawlessly on ‘3’ so no major issues… 

over all I’m extremely impressed, one minor issue is that I’m missing an ‘Axle box cover ‘ from one wheel, other then that I’m over the moon

great work accurascale, captured the coaches perfectly. 

41FF8C48-A3F6-4890-8054-6BBF5889AD12.jpeg.cf42a2ae47128cb5d8659dae6e616e6f.jpeg

D7F09763-A534-48F8-A75F-0F2A6EBC083D.jpeg.c5be927079f7a9e010479667dcce845a.jpeg

62851FB1-1217-45FF-B972-D38D262C7626.jpeg.b367f33ac2789f3af871574e26a13a15.jpeg

Edited by jamie.dunn
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, jamie.dunn said:

Managed to track down a chip today and duly fitted into the DT, the chip didn’t like to be programmed however works flawlessly on ‘3’ so no major issues… 

It may be that your DCC system can't recognise the decoder as there's no motor load.

Try changing the address via "Program on Main" if your system supports it.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thank you newbryford, I’ll have a look the next time it’s anywhere near the test track ( as photographed), The set was purchased for a future layout so no major Rush in that department… Just now hoping to get some hunt couplings between the T-1 coach and the Loco ( unless anyone knows of a coupling bar which represents a taught screwlink as per the real items(?).

The other main reason for the rather hasty purchase was the recent career change ( as previously mentioned) seeing me work alongside the real-deal, I actually did my first depot driving Move in ‘TP04’ after ordering set 02, how the starts had aligned…

I’ll just close with a rather festive shot of 68031 towards the end of last year.

764C8095-4E43-4F8F-B3AD-E94DB7CA7AF3.jpeg.1b2433cd41fc249039d9c7ac6f2ddc38.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, jamie.dunn said:

over all I’m extremely impressed, one minor issue is that I’m missing an ‘Axle box cover ‘ from one wheel, other then that I’m over the moon

great work accurascale, captured the coaches perfectly. 

41FF8C48-A3F6-4890-8054-6BBF5889AD12.jpeg.cf42a2ae47128cb5d8659dae6e616e6f.jpeg

62851FB1-1217-45FF-B972-D38D262C7626.jpeg.b367f33ac2789f3af871574e26a13a15.jpeg

Love the test track. Have you ever done a thread on it (assuming it's yours of course!).

• Friendly/supportive 1

Evening all, I wasn't sure if this question would be best in this thread or the magnetic coupling one so I'll post it in both. Please can anyone advise on the best magnetic coupling to purchase for the TPE MK5s to allow the 68 to push without derailment? I tested my set the other night & pushing with the standard Dapol NEM was just impossible without buffer clash.

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

1 hour ago, vanbasher said:

Evening all, I wasn't sure if this question would be best in this thread or the magnetic coupling one so I'll post it in both. Please can anyone advise on the best magnetic coupling to purchase for the TPE MK5s to allow the 68 to push without derailment? I tested my set the other night & pushing with the standard Dapol NEM was just impossible without buffer clash.

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

I've used Hunt Elite's Mk3SD / Mk4 couplings for the Hornby coaches. They're the normal Elite couplings, but have guide horns on them which massively aid pushing without derailing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Has anyone had any slight derailing issues with their MK5's (TPE set for me). Using standard Code 100 Peco points and I notice there's sometimes a clipping noise as the pass through. It often seem to be facing points when diverging. Ive ran a coach by had through points and the lead axle on each bogie is clipping the frog and forcing the wheel to lift over the check rail. I do need to check the back to back on the axles as a tad wide to gauge sprang to mind. I have completed some other basic checks already such as ensuring the bogie movement is free.

I don't have any other derailing issues with other stock (Accurascale or other vendors) so I am not thinking its anything p-way specific to my layout.

Interested to hear if others have faced such issues and any suggested fixes beyond back to back checks.

Edited by sanspareil

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, sanspareil said:

Has anyone had any slight derailing issues with their MK5's (TPE set for me). Using standard Code 100 Peco points and I notice there's sometimes a clipping noise as the pass through. It often seem to be facing points when diverging. Ive ran a coach by had through points and the lead axle on each bogie is clipping the frog and forcing the wheel to lift over the check rail. I do need to check the back to back on the axles as a tad wide to gauge sprang to mind. I have completed some other basic checks already such as ensuring the bogie movement is free.

I don't have any other derailing issues with other stock (Accurascale or other vendors) so I am not thinking its anything p-way specific to my layout.

Interested to hear if others have faced such issues and any suggested fixes beyond back to back checks.

If it is lifting on the check rail, and the bogie is free, then the most likely culprit is a narrow B2B.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, modelpara said:

So my tracking number came through at 530, but its not working on the DHL website, does anyone know if this means that it missed todays collection and will be collected tomorrow instead?

yep pickup is 4.30pm

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

If it is lifting on the check rail, and the bogie is free, then the most likely culprit is a narrow B2B.

I will have a check when i have access to my layout again (away at the moment). The fact its hitting the frog and thus forcing a lift over the check rail made me think potentially wide to gauge. If it was narrow i would have expected it to have hit the check rail and be well clear of hitting the frog?

Edited by sanspareil

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, sanspareil said:

I will have a check when i have access to my layout again (away at the moment). The fact its hitting the frog and thus forcing a lift over the check rail made think potentially wide to gauge. If it was narrow i would have expected it to have hit the check rail and be well clear of hitting the frog?

Wide to gauge would probably make it lift over the frog.

Either way - wide or narrow - let us know how you get on with checking them.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

@sanspareil I've also had issues with a Peco Code 75 Medium Point (the Bullhead rail version). It is a facing point and the TPE set has issues going over it in either direction. I changed out the original point in case it was the point which was the issue but the problem remains with the replacement. I've found it tricky to get the back-to-backs adjusted as it seems as if the wheels are quite happy to move at the point where pressure is applied but remain at a wider gauge on the rest of the wheel. So I now carefully check the gauge as I revolve each wheel set.

After a lot of adjustment I've reduced the derailments (which seem to have been caused by the wheels being over gauge) but I'm still not convinced I've totally fixed the issue. At the moment the set generally runs OK with the DT leading, but I'll need to double check the reverse direction with the Class 68 in front. They are wonderful models and I really love how they look. But they've certainly been problematic to get to stay on the track - when I don't see problems with other rolling stock over the same pointwork (that's not to say that my track work is perfect, but I see very few derailments otherwise).

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

In advance of setting up my set, I thought I'd measure the B2Bs with a caliper.

The B2B gauge that I've had for years for use with Peco Code 75 track measures 14.48mm.

(Most commonly used on Hornby Mk3s that seemingly have wheels like a Talgo train........)

14.5mm is often quoted as a suitable B2B when using Code 75.

The measurements for my TPE set are:

14.53/14.52/14.58/14.59

14.57/14.58/14.58/14.61

14.63/14.65/14.57/14.61

14.55/14.51/14.56/14.56

14.56/14.56/14.54/14.57

I haven't adjusted any until I see how they run on the layout in a couple of weeks.

• Informative/Useful 5

4 hours ago, JackB95 said:

I've used Hunt Elite's Mk3SD / Mk4 couplings for the Hornby coaches. They're the normal Elite couplings, but have guide horns on them which massively aid pushing without derailing. 

Thank you very much Mr Bowley, I've ordered one of the MK3SD & the 91 + DVT packs.

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, sanspareil said:

Some of mine on the DT were a tad wide to gauge. Had to fiddle about with them carefully to get them to work alright on my code 75 rails. Just be careful doing it as the plastic axle ends may pop off, and/or the axles may bend as they're quite thin. 

5 hours ago, JackB95 said:

Some of mine on the DT were a tad wide to gauge. Had to fiddle about with them carefully to get them to work alright on my code 75 rails. Just be careful doing it as the plastic axle ends may pop off, and/or the axles may bend as they're quite thin. 

My set arrived yesterday,  very impressive!

I had the same problem with code 75.  No derailments on the fine scale handmade track, but the fiddle yard is Peco code 75 including a double slip.  When propelling, there is a tendency for the rearmost coaches, near the loco, to find their way along the wrong flangeway at the K crossing of the double slip, resulting in derailment.  Also occasionally clipping the frog and derailing on the turnouts. 

The rearmost coaches have a heavier load ahead of them, and are effectively being squashed between the propelling loco and the load ahead, so there is that tendency for the wheels to try and escape sideways. The problem is exacerbated by the wheels being a lot smaller than most other coach types. The bogies that showed this problem had B2B about 14.7, by removing the bogies and carefully adjusting with a B2B gauge down to about 14.5 by pressing onto the wheel centres, the problem is mostly cured.  The wheel no longer clips the frogs either, and it still runs ok on the finescale track. 

When closing up the B2B, I did have a couple of the axle covers pop off, presumably the axle pressing on the inside of the axle cover.  Fortunately I was working over a tray, so they were not lost on the carpet and I'll refit them with a dab of superglue when testing complete.

The other problem I had was that my Dapol class 68 has a very floppy droopy kinematic coupling, combined with the kinematic coupling on the end coach, means that when propelling, the loco coupling tends to slide under the coach coupling. This can cause buffer lock, in particular on the Peco medium radius crossover in the fiddle yard. Once the couplings have telescoped like this,, when the loco pulls away in the opposite direction, it generally is no longer coupled to the train and sets off on its own.

It's a shame Accurascale didn't include an extra pair of magnetic couplings for the loco connection.  I have some on order, hopefully arriving today or tomorrow, which I hope will solve that problem.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3