Mark 5, By Accurascale

1 minute ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Left work for lunch, no email, get to greggs no more than 10 mins later, bam email and coaches already out of stock!, knew I should’ve held off on lunch 🤦🏼‍♂️

Bryn. 
i was on the email like crap to a blanket bud. But it threw me out after taking me all the way to 'purchase'. 

ah well matey. No sour grapes. Good luck to those that bought them. I definately WONT be buying off a certain site. I will bide my time and hopefully get one later if another PR is done. 

1 minute ago, Krieghoff said:

Bryn. 
i was on the email like crap to a blanket bud. But it threw me out after taking me all the way to 'purchase'. 

ah well matey. No sour grapes. Good luck to those that bought them. I definately WONT be buying off a certain site. I will bide my time and hopefully get one later if another PR is done. 

That would be even worse!, definitely can see a second run. It too far away with how fast these have sold now. Hopefully one without the back to back issue too. Just glad I luckily did manage to pre-order the one set so didn’t miss out too much. Definitely want a second to get those all important crossover shots!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

i hope that AS limited it to one set of each per account..that would of been the fair thing to do, to stop people buying 10 packs etc

Devils advocate - They’re in business to make money, and these coaches represented a substantial asset. Their job is to sell to whoever will buy them, as unfair to some end users as it is

Edited by Edge
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

i hope that AS limited it to one set of each per account..that would of been the fair thing to do, to stop people buying 10 packs etc

We were just unlucky mate. I put it down to that. Id agree with 'EDGE', some you win......some you don't but i can see your point about multiple purchases. A certain site is selling them for circa £400 mate and theres no way im paying that.....i could......but i wont. 👍👍

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

We were just unlucky mate. I put it down to that. Id agree with 'EDGE', some you win......some you don't but i can see your point about multiple purchases. A certain site is selling them for circa £400 mate and theres no way im paying that.....i could......but i wont. 👍👍

i might treat my self to another loco instead, class 50 or 55, although i really could do with one that's currently on the main line..decisions decisions

• RMweb Gold

If it helps, we split what was left in two, half of the remaining stock sold out in about 5 minutes and the other half will go online this evening to facilitate those after work, other timezones, etc.

There is actually a limit on these, of 1 per pack per customer per lifetime (so if you already bought one, you can't have a second pack from this batch) to be fair to all.

That said, given the massive popularity and resounding reviews, https://www.accurascale.com/pages/reviews

another run is quite certain, albeit much later into 2024 before it might be announced. (We have a lot to launch and deliver between now and then)

Hope that helps!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/02/2023 at 18:47, Colin_McLeod said:

Have to wait until I and other EU/World customers get their pre orders lol 🙂

1 hour ago, SimulationNetwork said:

Didn't last long, out of stock again... :(

1 hour ago, miles73128 said:

Sold out in 6 mins!

1 hour ago, Ncarter2 said:

Sold out in less than 5 min. Hopefully those who didn’t get a pack managed to and those who only wanted to profiteer didn’t manage to secure any. 

So where are the EU pre order coaches? Not got mine yet.

8 minutes ago, McC said:

There is actually a limit on these, of 1 per pack per customer per lifetime (so if you already bought one, you can't have a second pack from this batch) to be fair to all.

Is that meaning you can only have one of each pack from the batch, or one pack total?

e.g, if someone has pack 2, can they still try order pack 1? Or not?

and does it include pre-ordered packs?

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway

25 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

i might treat my self to another loco instead, class 50 or 55, although i really could do with one that's currently on the main line..decisions decisions

Ive just gone for two 55's matey. Porterbrook and the VXC class 55 ..........annnd the class 31 in red/gold. 😂. Retail therapy. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Is that meaning you can only have one of each pack from the batch, or one pack total?

e.g, if someone has pack 2, can they still try order pack 1? Or not?

and does it include pre-ordered packs?

The maximum is one of each, unless you've already bought either (so if you have a pack 1, you can still buy a pack 2)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McC said:

The maximum is one of each, unless you've already bought either (so if you have a pack 1, you can still buy a pack 2)

Ahh great! Thanks for the clarification. Almost went to go buy something for the car instead but I’ll hold off for after tonight now to see if I’m lucky!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Left work for lunch, no email, get to greggs no more than 10 mins later, bam email and coaches already out of stock!, knew I should’ve held off on lunch 🤦🏼‍♂️

What can I say, Greggs is clearly bad for you! 😂

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 03/02/2023 at 15:59, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just on this one, there was indeed supposed to be mag coupling included in the set for the loco. The factory isnt fully up and running yet post Chinese New Year, but in the meantime if you email us support@accurascale.co.uk with your order number for TPE and Caledonian Sleeper Mark 5s we will send you out a pack of the mag bar or Dellner couplings. 

Apologies for this, something we missed. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fairplay to As for sending out spare couplings - but:

They are the standard pack as spares for inter-coach couplings.

20230207_230612.jpg.ef3ddb4576405638c855b936c4b6ac6c.jpg

They look a bit odd with all the "pipes/cables" between the coach and loco

They are too short for use with a Dapol 68 and they will buffer lock at the first reverse curve they encounter - pulling or pushing.

You can also see a slight gap between the coupler faces - this is easily cured with a quick run of a fine file across the face of the coupler.

(This may have been contributing to the unwanted uncoupling reports from the CS sets.)

20230209_164126.jpg.1df3af9c5da69b2297ec464d58968154.jpg

Are the other magnetic couplings longer?

Failing that, I will cut off the outer pipes/cable and then mount the coupler further out by pulling it out of the NEM socket - to make it longer and then glueing it into place.

And yes, the wheels need adjusting inwards from my previous measurements as the flanges are clattering the noses of the frogs.

Edited by newbryford
typo
  • Informative/Useful 1

They are extremely hard to find now!  Given the high demand and popularity for them. I am sure and highly expect that Accurascale will probably announce another run of both the coach packs sometime in the future! 

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, RyanN91 said:

They are extremely hard to find now!  Given the high demand and popularity for them. I am sure and highly expect that Accurascale will probably announce another run of both the coach packs sometime in the future! 

Its now on the questionaire for house insurance,do you own any Accurascale coaches.............

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Much relief here that I’ve been able to get a pack 2 as well.

68019 Brutus will have something to pull, or push, now. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Added Pack 1, checked out, confirmed payment in banking app, back to Accurascale to be told sold out. Not a great shopping experience,

I would have thought putting in the basket would have reserved it for the time it takes to check-out. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

Added Pack 1, checked out, confirmed payment in banking app, back to Accurascale to be told sold out. Not a great shopping experience,

I would have thought putting in the basket would have reserved it for the time it takes to check-out. 

Roy

Afraid not how Shopify works (tho we have asked) otherwise you could pile up your cart, and then how long do we wait? First past the post is as fair as any other method unfortunately. 

Like other sell-out runs, this one was not small, and was on preorder for just shy of four full years. Many thousands of Mk5 packs are now with their owners, but if you left it to now and missed out, another run will undoubtedly be along in the coming years .

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well.......that was interesting to say the least. I find myself in a really weird position now. 

I kept refreshing the accurascale page and literally the screen flickered and went to 'in stock'. I immediately went the same route as earlier today when i lost out and added to basket and did all the right things. Put the code in Shopify and paid.......i was then told the payment hadnt been processed. Tried all the above again and another refused payment. 
........tried again 3rd time and Shopify threw me out again. Mad as hell 😡😡😡

Every cloud has a silver lining though.....unbeknown to me, my wife and daughter were busy using PAYPAL and secured me PACKS 1&2 🎉🎉😁😁😁

Im afraid i wont be using Shopify ever again to process payments. It was absolutely useless. Had my family not had the presence of mind to use a reliable method in would have lost out yet again. 

i toyed with the idea of purchasing these packs months and months ago as i had purchased two Class 68's from Dapol in TPE livery and ive learned a very valuable lesson.......if you fancy it....GO FOR IT......dont wait like some of us have done and leave it to the last minute. It simply doesn't work. 

My nerves are shot and ive never felt as stressed out in years. What a carry on. Modelling should be a pleasurable experience but im really pleased to have secured both packs.  

Edited by Krieghoff
Amended text/typo's
  • Like 3